The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. H

WTB: Canon WFT E2

My old 1Ds MKIII needs a friend. If anyone has this transmitter for a reasonable price, I would like to take it off him/her. Please PM me. Thanks
  2. H

WTB: Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM lens

If you have a lightly used one that is sitting around idle, let me know how I can take it off you. Thanks. Henry Singapore
  3. H

B/W Fine Portraits

I'm thinking of going back to doing fine portraits in B/W. I used to do those with Tri-X film and matte Agfa paper. My question is what is the best way to reproduce the same look using my P30+? What printer, ink, paper should I be considering. Any help will be much appreciated.
  4. H

Hand Strap for P1 DF645?

I need a hand strap for my camera but I'm using Kirk's L bracket so there's no slot to hold the strap. Anyone has a good suggestion for a hand strap? Thanks for sharing. Henry
  5. H

I'm having a terrible headache - can someone please help

Camera: 1Ds MK III When I'm shooting at minimum distance, I need to micro-adjust my camera to -14 for my 85mm f/1.2 II. However, when I shoot at around 7ft to 8ft, this adjustment needs to be set at +7 for a sharp focus. How am I going to use this lens on this body without constantly doing...
  6. H

Phaseone DF 645 V Grip - anyone has one?

I'm so out of touch I don't know how this grip works and how useful is it? How much does one cost? I've been away indulging in my other favorite thing - trading stocks that I seldom read up on photography stuff. Please share if you are using one. Thanks.
  7. H

Capture Pilot - Help please

On my Macbook Pro it is such a breeze getting my iPad to work. On my desktop (Windows XP SP3) it's a different story all together. I can't even get Capture One server to start up. What am I doing wrong? Can someone help me. I've been away from my cameras for too long...
  8. H

How much does the Phaseone LS 80mm costs?

I've been asked if I wanted a brand new LS80mm lens that is being stripped from a 645DF kit. Can anyone tell me how much does this lens sells for? Also, any idea how much the LS 110mm costs? I'm more inclined to wait for the 110mm lens. Would I be on the right track? Thanks. Henry
  9. H

Is the H3D 31 equivalent to P30 or P30+?

Need to find out from you guys shooting the H3D 31 if the sensor is equivalent to P30 or P30+? Also, is there anything negative about this camera/back combo? Thanks.
  10. H

seeking advice: PhaseOne 80mm f/2.8D

I plan to order a 110mm LS to use on my Phaseone 645DF. I think if I do then the 8 month old 80mm lens that I have will be left on the shelf so I'm trying to find out if anyone can suggest how much I should be asking for this lens when I put it on fleabay. Thanks for any help.
  11. H

PocketWizard MiniTTL-Canon on P1 645DF camera

Is there a way to make the camera sync at a higher shutter speed, say 1/500s? Shooting with monoblocks like Alien Bees
  12. H

Starting a decorative photo print gallery business

I'm seeking ideas from you guys. Perhaps this may have been covered somewhere else so if there are links, I'll be real grateful to know: I'm thinking of starting a decorative photo print business whereby I would print up photos which I feel will be salable to people wanting to decorate their...
  13. H

1Ds MKIII + Zeiss ZE 21mm Distagon

Just received my Distagon 21mm this afternoon and was doing some tests indoor. Boy this lens blows my recently purchased 24mm TS/E II out of the water. Once I find some time to shoot some real images with this lens, I'll post them.
  14. H

C1 has a new update 5.0.2

15. H

What is your current printer and how size do you normally print?

I'm still running an old Epson Stylus Pro 4000 and I normally print 16" x 20". I've been thinking of getting a HP Z3200 24" to print 24" x 32". Share yours and pray tell about your experience, both good and bad. Henry
  16. H

Phaseone 645DF - got mine today

My upgrade came was delivered today. My initial impression is the improvement over the 645AF is significant. The AF is much faster and so the lag is much shorter. The tactile feedback on all the buttons is certainly very welcomed. What I like most of all is the more accurate focus that I'm...
  17. H

Using P30+ on Sinar P2 body

I have asked part of this before and got some inconclusive answers. I have the P30+, P2 body with several nice old Rodenstock, Schneider lenses. If need be, I can go buy a new digitar or HR lens. I want to go back to shooting with P2 in my studio for still product shots. I need some movement...
  18. H

RRS or Kirk Bracket for D70 - got one?

If anyone has one laying around and do not mind doing a real cheap deal on it, please let me know. I still have my D70, one of the earliest that Nikon released when everyone else was waiting to get hold of one back then.
  19. H

How many here are shooting for CMYK use?

If your intended output is for CMYK sheetfed or web offset, what is your workflow like? Do you for instance go: RGB RAW CAPTURE -> CYMK TIFF or RGB RAW CAPTURE -> RGB TIFF -> CMYK TIFF? What do you do to your files along the way?
  20. H

Pelican Case 1510 with dividers

I'm in Singapore and am trying to find a vendor who can ship this case for me. Does anyone know where I can order one from? Thanks.