The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

FS: Nikon D800

Hi everyone, I bought this camera about 6 months ago because I needed a great studio camera for fashion / editorial work. Obviously, fantastic camera, but I really want something smaller so I can have my camera with me a lot more often. I miss shooting everyday. The D800 is just so big and...
  2. M

Fun with Nikon Images

I've really been enjoying my D800 lately. It took me a while to get used to everything, but now its feeling like an extension of my hand, the way it should be. Here's a recent shoot... Melissa Jones by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr Melissa Jones by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr Melissa Jones by...
  3. M

Fun with Nikon Images

Re: Fun with D800 Photos I just moved to LA a couple weeks ago and finally had an opportunity to shoot! I've been super busy, so I haven't had a chance to peruse the thread much...but as always - great stuff!! Malibu... BRIANA by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr BRIANA by Michael Hulcher, on...
  4. M

Fun with Nikon Images

Re: Fun with D800 Photos wow, some amazing landscape work. I don't normally shoot anything without people in the frame, but I'm driving to California this week...a couple snaps. Morning in Oklahoma by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr Evening in New Mexico by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr
  5. M

Fun with Nikon Images

Re: Fun with D800 Photos Thanks! No model, just my girlfriend...though she's getting more comfortable in front of the camera. I didn't have anyone to use a reflector - I was able to lighten up the shadows without losing anything! Pretty awesome...
  6. M

Fun with Nikon Images

Re: Fun with D800 Photos I just got mine on Thursday...these are my first shots! Quite a lot to take in...the dynamic range is just silly!! Madelena by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr Madelena by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr
  7. M

Fun w/Digital M Images

I would in a second, but I can't afford it. I just couldn't imagine taking the Leica out into the desert or the beach or on some shoot someplace as my only camera body. I don't want to imply that it couldn't work, but I feel like I needed something that I would never have to think about, in...
  8. M

Fun w/Digital M Images

this is always such a great place to find some inspiration. I must say that I really enjoy this thread and I'll be coming back around to comment from time to time. Some of you know that I've taken a job and I'm moving from Richmond, VA to Los Angeles this weekend. Its exciting and sad all at the...
  9. M

Fun w/Digital M Images

that's quite a shot Lloyd
  10. M

Fun w/Digital M Images

Just my little brand of sarcasm...I really enjoy shooting the M system. We'll see where it takes me.
  11. M

Fun w/Digital M Images

I'm determined to become one of 4 fashion photographers on earth still using an M8! A new set from tonight, both with my 1951 Leica Summitar 50mm Tracks by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr On the Tracks by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr
  12. M

guys, I could use some friendly advice...

update.... Good friends, opportunities, and timing. Life is crazy. My girlfriend and I break up last weekend. I get a job offer Tuesday. Wednesday I call a friend who is actually looking for a roommate, since his girlfriend literally just moved out. And he needs help running his volleyball club...
  13. M

Fun w/Digital M Images

so gear jealous right now... Lloyd, how does that Summicron compare to the current version? (V5 I suppose) Here's another...b&w conversion.... On the Shore by Michael Hulcher, on Flickr
  14. M

good advice - the other side of the equation. Risk / reward.
  15. M

Good question. Another friend of mine put it to me that way too. I think I'm going to do it!
  16. M

Excellent points Ashwin. Ultimately I'm in bit of a transition, and I would really welcome a change. My career isn't moving forward the way I'd like it to and photography is such a passion. Its a dream to pursue it as a career. Still, it is quite a move and a risk, that's for sure. Oh, and on a...
  17. M

haha don't worry, I'm certainly not! I've been to Calabasas a few times...kind of sleepy! Its good to know you're out there!
  18. M

I see what you mean. I don't want this to be a Jim Jordan discussion. This is just about 'what the hell should I do?'. I love his style and so for me, from that perspective, it would be huge. Thank you for pointing that out. Guy, thank you. That's great advice. I am so passionate about...
  19. M

Hi everyone (I'm sure this is the wrong place to put this, but you guys at least know who I am, and some of you I feel like I actually know!) some of you know me from my posts in the 'fun with the M' thread...and you've probably noticed that I enjoy photographing pretty girls. Well, see, I'd...
  20. M

Fun w/Digital M Images

seriously, that's awesome!^^