The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. C

FUJIFILM GFX 50R question

Rdeloe, thanks for you thoughts. As I mainly use longer lenses I might give the Fuji a go as I could also use it off a tripod. Regarding the Sinar, I think it could have the precision needed for the digital with longer lenses as the cameras were so well made (I have an F1) No good for short...
  2. C

FUJIFILM GFX 50R question

Interesting thread, is anyone successfully using the 50R on a Tech Cam with longer lenses (55mm and above) without LCC issues. I am thinking about replacing my P45+ with the Fuji on my Linhof Techno.
  3. C

Testing Real World Dynamic Range

Hi Dogs, Nice straight forward test for simple souls like me who have spent hours zone testing FP-4/HC-110 development combinations. Most of my work is on 5x4 FP-4 as I still love the darkroom and a big palpable negative I can hold in my hand. However I also have a P45+ and Techno which I have...
  4. C

My 4x5 Tools I Use For MFD Shooting

A good pair of boots and a guide to the better teashops of Southern England.
  5. C

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

Thank you for your thoughts and efforts gents, Richard the two images you posted look fine to me on screen. One has to examine the negatives, as JeRuFo states it may be an issue with the type of developer. The main evidence I am describing is an area of increased density next to where the...
  6. C

Hi Richard thanks for your reply I really like the images from your Transformations project. I work in monochrome with a view camera and much of my work includes large areas of even tone, sky/seascapes etc hence my interest in the work Chris posted above. Clearly these areas of even tone are...
  7. C

Hi Chris, How do you find the Jobo processor with sheet film. I have been considering getting one but concerned it won't give me very even development in sky areas. Yours look fine are they as even as this out of the tank or have you applied post scan processing? I have dish processed 4x5 for...
  8. C

what about camera bags fit a Phase One 645DF & IQ ?

My Linhof Techno with P45+ sliding back and a couple of lenses goes beautifully into a Think Tank Airport Essentials. Nice compact solution for a small amount of kit.
  9. C

Alpa STC (or other) vs Leica M8/9 dilemma

This is clearly a very special holiday so I would leave the big kit at home and do this: Take the Leica with one lens only and document the whole trip from the day you wake up and travel to the airport to the day you return home. Along the way collect objects that you feel mark moments on the...
  10. C

Show us your Tech Cam

I had another good look at the Linhof Techno at the Focus show in the UK last week and following months of deliberations and research anguish finally ordered one. I am still awaiting quotes on an Rm3d from two dealers but it seems to be such a protracted process getting a reply from Arca Swiss...
  11. C

Show us your Tech Cam

Gareth - Wow an RM3d in the UK very nice, a rare bird over here. Did you get it via a UK dealer? I am awaiting a quote from Robert White but I think it may be a bit top end for me. It will be interesting to see how it stacks up cost wise against the Techno I have an eye on. Chris
  12. C

Thoughts on Rodi 35, 45 & 55 Sironar on P45+

Thanks everyone for your feedback, very useful. Think I will look at the later SC Digitars a better investment I feel.
  13. C

Thoughts on Rodi 35, 45 & 55 Sironar on P45+

I would be interested any thoughts on the suitability of using the Rodenstock 35, 45 or 55 Apo Sironar Digital lenses on a Phase P45+. I realise these are the early non HR versions but would they be ok with the P45+'s fat pixels. I am looking for architectural use so movements would be needed...