The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Easter Berries! (Pentax SMC 50 on EM5)
  2. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

A couple I took the other night using the kit 12-50 macro. Lit by handheld LED torch! :)
  3. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Glorious autumn day at Shaw & Smith winery in the Adelaide Hills. Took these two with my new favourite legacy lens, Pentax SMC 50 1.7. From memory, I think both were taken wide open or maybe f/2.0.
  4. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Mine's not in the serial range (silver model) and has a crack in the centre of the bezel running from the edge of the touch screen right to the middle screw. Think I'll contact Olympus Australia and see what they say... Thanks for the heads up.
  5. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

These two taken with my new (old) Sigma 28mm f/2.8 (PK mount). Pretty impressed with this little lens - both shots were pretty good OOC but I've obviously done some fairly heavy PP on both of these images:
  6. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

You know, I didn't even think of that! I'm so used to leaving my ISO set either at 200 or on Auto most of the time and I was excited that I finally got my lens adapter I just totally forgot everything about taking the photo! :o
  7. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

I got given a bunch of Pentax lenses recently one of which is a Sigma 600mm mirror lens and decided to couple it with a 2x converter and take my first moon shot (of course). Effective focal length = 2400mm @f16. The OOC image was very soft so I boosted clarity/contrast in LR4 - results are...
  8. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Relaxing in the garden with Holly and LeeLu (Helios 44M-4) Testing a new acquisition - crappy Hanimex 28-80 Macro @ 80mm (+14mm extension tube):
  9. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Crazy bokeh with the Helios 44M + 7mm extension tube:
  10. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Great shot dude but seems a little heavy on the compression... :)
  11. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Helios 44M-4 wide open at f2 + 7mm extension tube. Light PP in LR4 (Cross Process 2)
  12. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Well, seeing as Maggie has put up some (fabulous) piccies of her (gorgeous) kitties, here's one of ours: Lee Lu. Taken with my Helios 44M with 7mm extension tube.
  13. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Thanks Jono. Yeah, you really can't ask much more from such a lens as that. Sure, it'd be great if it was a bit sharper and a bit faster but, for what it is, it's so versatile. I really like shooting with it.
  14. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Here's a recent one from a walk with the 12-50:
  15. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Gorgeous shot! Looks like it's straight out of a fantasy book - so ethereal. Love it. :clap:
  16. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Beautiful day outside so decided to mess with some old legacy glass. Obligatory flower shots :P This one on an old cheapy; Hanimar 75-200 @ the long end, ~f/5.6, 1/500, ISO 200, Tripod And this one taken on my all-time favourite legacy lens, Helios 44M-4 58mm, f/2.8, 1/80, ISO 200
  17. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Busker on a Roman bridge (Cordoba) Oly 12-50, f/10 1/320 ISO 200 Heavy Grain Art filter Mezquita-Catedral (Cordoba) Oly 12-50, f/22 20secs ISO 200 Oly 12-50, f/4.7 1/60 ISO 6400
  18. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

I waited for ages for all the people to move out of this shot but took a couple anyway while they were still there - never did get one with no-one in it but I think this one kinda works anyway. Musee d'Orsay, Paris
  19. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Thanks Jono. We were in Venice in early September and the weather was great - as you say, probably getting a bit cool for t-shirts and outside now though. I have a few more shots taken with the diorama filter but those four were probably the best ones. I reckon the filter works best when your...
  20. R

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Thanks for your comment, Jono - love that one of the Sea Squills! The church one has lots of impact too. Nothing serious here - was just having some fun playing around with the 'Diorama' art filter and the 12-50: