The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. C

FS - Think Tank Retrospective 7 - UK

Hardly used Think Tank Retrospective 7. Used lightly for 6 months but decided I don't like it. Includes the rain cover. Designed to look retro and 'worn in' but is in great condition. Posted in UK for £65
  2. C

FS - Canon 6d w/vertical grip - UK

Used and enjoyed Canon 6d with the genuine Canon vertical grip, two batteries, box, manuals, strap, cables, charger, some unwrapped. Has lived it's life in a camera bag from new and was more of a second body. No noticeable scratches except for some rubbing on one strap mount and some light marks...
  3. C

FS - Sony A7r w/ three batteries - uk

Much loved Sony A7r with 3 batteries and two chargers (one usb and one external) Also has strap but no manuals. Prism and shoulders have some worn paint from use. Rear screen has the protective cover and this has some light scratches on but also a little ding I've tried to show on the pics...
  4. C

Contax 35mm in Actus mount

Just seen this on Twitter - https://blog.cambo.com/2017/10/17/cambo-contax-lens/amp/ Assuming it's the 645 glass. Surely not new stock!?... Anybody want to buy a kidney? ;)
  5. C

Pentax 645 28-45mm w/ shifts on A7r

Apologies if this is in the wrong sub-forum but I thought this might be of interest to the MF users as well. I've been thinking for a while about how the P645 DA 28-45mm zoom might work on the A7r with shifts, and now with the release of the GFX if there is potentially any available movement on...
  6. C

A7r, Actus and Canon 'dumb' mount

Recently got to try the Actus and a 'dumb' mount for the EF lenses thanks to Charles at Cambo UK. It's of interest to me for the rear stitching as I do a lot of stitched interior shots with the 24mm TS-E currently, but often having to fix errors. While I was at it, thought I'd see what would...
  7. C

Mysterious A7r Rear screen damage

Recently picked up a tidy used A7r and took it away to Spain with me the other week. I took it out of its bag one day and noticed these marks on the rear screen, they weren't there when I received it or earlier in the holiday. I haven't dropped or knocked it, they aren't cracks. Kept it away...
  8. C

Thule Covert Messenger

Anybody got one? How do you find it? Can I get a 5dmk2 with vertical grip and lens attached in it?
  9. C

FS: Ebony SW45 and lenses

As I haven’t used it for over a year I’ve decided to sell my much loved LF kit. So for sale I have - 1. Ebony SW45 - £1000 ono This is a fab field camera made from ebony wood and titanium. It has a lovely build quality and makes a great landscape camera. I’m including a Robert White viewing...
  10. C

How is your Aptus when working outdoors

I'm wondering how people who have the Aptus backs find they behave/perform when working outdoors? Looking at one as an option (yes still looking!!) but just concerned about the open venting with the fan. I have a major construction project to document and obviously dust is a concern, especially...
  11. C

WTB - MAFD fit digi back, £3k-4.5k budget

Looking for a back in MAFD fit and can stretch my budget to £4.5k for the right back. Want something that is usable on a Tech cam so a P25+, P40+, Aptus 22/33/5/7/8 etc. Only really want to buy from a seller in the EU to avoid stupid import duties. Cheers Craig
  12. C

WTB - Digi back, MAFD, £3000 budget

I'm looking for a Mafd fit digi back. Got a budget of £3000 inc VAT max. Looking at something like a P25+ or Aptus 22 / II 5, but would consider other backs, but must be able to be used untethered. Would also consider a complete setup like a 645AFD & Aptus 22 combo Only want to purchase from...
  13. C

FS - Ebony sw45 and lenses. *UK*

Selling my 4x5 setup. Ebony SW45 - £900 - In good condition, includes RW viewing bellows, box, screen cover and front body cap. Has tiny scratches here and there on the metal from use. One big scratch on the bottom which was there when I bought it. Looks to have been done in the factory...
  14. C

First back suggestions for Tech cam (and possible MF SLR)

Hi everyone. I'm sorry if this has been covered before but a search for previous threads proved a little fruitless. I'm looking to move away from my 4x5 Ebony to a Cambo Wrs for landscapes, interiors and architectural work. Currently have a 5dmk2 and 24mm ts-e II as well that I use for a lot...
  15. C

Starter back - Leaf Aptus 22 or Aptus II 5 ?

Hi guys, I've been looking at an Aptus 22 back as my entry into MFD. Should I be looking for an Aptus II 5 instead? Is there much difference between the two? Any other suggestions for a budget back I should be looking for, to go with a hired tech cam and stick on my 4x5 for now. ?? Cheers Craig
  16. C

Suggestions for UK Tech Camera hire

Guess this might be a bit of a long shot question as most people here are in the US. I'm looking for suggestions of places in the UK to hire a tech cam and MF back. I've picked up a new client who would like the highest quality images possible and while I've used my 5dmk2 and 24tse for most...