The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. G

A different time

from Italy, 1970s. Different sociability, spatial sense. Anyone else got something that reminds of what we are no longer?
  2. G

analog and digital

Lenses from analog view camera days are fun to play with. A G Claron 240mm f9 on a a Linhof Technikardan 23S (6x9), w/ digital back. The older lens with a massive lens circle is surprisingly sharp in the middle and can handle 20mm shifts. Simple fun.
  3. G

Changing the rules

Thought to throw an idea out there for discussion - are other people finding that we are in some significant moment of change with regard to our photographic gear? The capabilities have been expanded enormously in just the past few years, with 100mb sensors allowing use of major cropping (one...
  4. G

Ebony RW45 FS

Ebony 4x5 camera for sale. Bought about a year ago from a long term owner, user, but I've been working largely in 2x3, and not used it more than a handful of times (indoors). Folds up nicely, offers front and back tilt, front movements. All working - its been used tho, so not a show queen, but...
  5. G

Digital back comparison

Recently, I was able to compare three different digital backs at one time: - Leaf Credo 60, 60mb back CCD sensor - Phase One 3100, 100mb back, CMOS sensor - Hasselblad CFV II 50C, 50mb back, CMOS sensor The findings can be found here: Digital Back Comparison. It's like three different eras...
  6. G

Canon upgrade for birding

My son has been shooting with a 7D for some 10 years. The 300L lens is his go-to lens - he's a serious birder. Its time for a body upgrade - so some advice please: - will the current 7D (with its crop sensor, but still back a few generations) give equal results to the 5D IV, once the FF is...
  7. G

FS - Rollei 180mm f 2.8 AFD PQ lens

Am not using this lens, so have decided to let it go. This is a late Schneider AFD (auto focus optimized for digital) lens, very clean and lightly used - only outside 2-3 times. Large f 2.8, great portrait lens, for Afi/Hy6 cameras. Sold with box. Works well with 60 and 80 mp backs. $1600 plus...
  8. G

FS - Rollei 300 APO f4 PQ lens

One of Schneider's best telephoto lens - APO type, f4, very clean example from a long-term Rollei owner. Bought in 2011, selling because no longer using telephoto gear. Razor sharp. Usable on all 6003/8 and Afi/Hy6 bodies. $1600 plus shipping.
  9. G

feeler: Cambo WRS and lens (reposted)

Any interest in a Cambo WRS 1200 with Schneider 47XL f5.6 Apo Digitar lens for sale? The Cambo comes with a box (quite minimal), the 47 not. Both are in good condition. $3200 for the set. Could possibly separate. The 47 works well with larger pixel backs, and I've had success on 60mb back...
  10. G

Photo Clam Pro Gold ball head FS $250

Like new, never been outside, used once. Nifty because it has both rotating at the base and also pan at the top. With lever release for Arca sized plates. In the box, with papers, etc. for $250 + SH, instead of $365 new.
  11. G

LCC on C1

Just beginning to use LCC in C1 (v6 so far). Does anyone know the difference between the three different settings in setting up the LCC, the first which is just "analyze", the second to "exclude dust" and the last for wide angle lenses? Do people find that they sometimes don't accept the...
  12. G

Racing with Hy6

Just for fun - take a try with some gear ill-suited for the project and see what happens. These were taken with a 300 mm lens at Elkhart track in Wisconsin. It was kind of a test to see how it would do - in a world which it was not suited for. The max shutter was 1/500, MLU, on a monopod.. max...
  13. G

Scammed on camera purchase

True confessions - I got took. Its was a pretty good one, and I let down the guard and they drove away with the money. First time its ever happened, and it was well done. So the story is maybe so others will be warned. The ad was an older one for a Hassy Arc View, with 3 lenses for a great...
  14. G

Mining in Colorado

Some handheld AFI shots from Colorado.
  15. G

walking around shot

The everyday... the mundane, rendered in detail to show some other ways of looking at it. Nothing too trick, just a try to get some depth. Taken with Leaf back and 60 mm Curtagon on a Hy6. Getting used to the new gear. Full frame and a crop. Geoff
  16. G

FS: Phase + Rollei (dp20 and 6008AF)

FS: Rollei Digital bundle - Dp20 Phase back in Rollei mount + 6008AF body, WLF + battery, charger, two older film backs (users) for the 6008. I bought this setup from Kurland about a year ago, and had it reset by Krimar in NJ. I was told it was a bundled setup from Rollei, and it came without...