The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Panasonic 7-14

Yes, indeed, I'd seen DxO's promotions for this stand-alone function, which I'll be trying soon. However having raised the subject numerous times over the years I've been using UWAs on various different forums I've noticed that very few people seem to care. As opposed to many other less obvious...
  2. S

Olympus OMD-v-Leica MM

I have to admit that I looked at this blog but didn't actually read it. This is partly because it seems like a pointless exercise designed only to fill a hole in cyberspace (can one still use the expression "cyberspace"?) However the main reason I didn't read it was because of all the...
  3. S

Fun with Panasonic 100-300

Although I haven't yet got around to testing this systematically (and it needs a day when atmospherics aren't a factor) I would tend to agree with the judgement that at 300mm this lens performs quite a bit better at shorter range: it would be preferable if it was the other way round. And the...
  4. S

Any Lightroom lens profiles for OM-D?

This is very slightly off-topic but users of the Samyang 7.5 mm FE lens (excellent BTW!) can acquire a set of projection profiles, including rectilinear (for de-fishing) on the DPR m43 forum. A quick search should locate them. The Gotcha is that when installed they appear under a "Panasonic"...
  5. S

Fun with Panasonic 100-300

I've bought this lens for casual wildlife shots on my OMD. Small, relatively light, awful zoom creep (infuriating - how difficult would a lock switch be?) bad CA (inevitably as it's an m43 lens: so I shoot RAW, pp in LR4) soft as hell at the full 300mm and very hard to get a hand held sharp shot...
  6. S

Panasonic 7-14

I'm a long-term Nikon user who acquired an OMD a few months ago. My D700 hasn't done much since. I've had the Nikon 14-24 2.8 since it was first released so the Panasonic 7-14 is an appealing equivalent given the general approval and many of the images posted. Right now it's hard to justify (OK...