The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

New X70, a Ricoh GR or Coolpix A alternative

Just tried one for a few hours. I think the GR wins on ergonomics hands down. It was tough holding the x70 one handed, and having a removable lens cap isn't so great. Also, the weight difference is very noticeable.
  2. P

Fun with the Panasonic Lumix G 14mm f/2.5 (Image Thread)

liking this lens :) so small and light!
  3. P

Positive Feedback

Buyer: Phobus (me) Seller: Giorgio Item: Canon 35L Great communication and easy to deal with. Super fast shipping and the lens is in perfect shape (as described) :)
  4. P

m43rds Lenses! 7-14mm 17mm 45-200mm

17mm is sold. Thanks! 45-200mm still available.
  5. P

7-14 Sold. Thanks.
  6. P

Here is the rest of my kit for sale: Panasonic 7-14mm Lens - Excellent Condition, slight usage marks on lens cap. $900 + shipping SALE PENDING Panasonic 45-200mm Lens - Excellent Condition, slight usage marks on lens cap. $225 + shipping Olympus 17mm Pancake Lens - Excellent Condition, a few...
  7. P

SOLD: Awesome E-P2 kit :)

Sold. Thanks!
  8. P

Re: Awesome E-P2 kit :) Sale Pending
  9. P

Re: Awesome E-P2 kit :) Replied to. Thanks.
  10. P

Sale Pending Beautiful condition. There is a small scratch on the E-P2 as shown bottom right in the second photo. Canon 50 1.2 lens has a tiny chip as shown in the 3rd photo, does not affect the image. Photo samples can be found on my flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/phobus Included...
  11. P

G1 discontinued

Just got an E-P2. Couldn't resist... :) Surprisingly, based on fooling around with it for an afternoon, I think the EVF *is* at least as good as my G1. And in low light its better I think. Size wise, its hard to tell going straight from one to the other, but I think the G1 EVF is a tiny bit...
  12. P

GH1 has square mode!

Good point! Anyways, its another item on the list of improvements from the G1 to the GH1 that I like :)
  13. P

GH1 has square mode!

Hehe it seems like cheating to me to crop to 1:1 afterwards. I think being able to compose with a 1:1 view would also be quite nice :)
  14. P

GH1 has square mode!

As if it weren't already tempting enough, it seems that in addition to the 4:3 3:2 and 16:9 modes, the GH1 will also have a 1:1 still picture mode at 2992x2992. link I'm not sure what crop factor this works out to...
  15. P

A superfast normal on the G1

Thats pretty cool! The Switar 26 1.1 seems to be a really nice lens. How much difference is there in the exposure time between the 0.95 and the 1.1 in low light (w/ the G1 :))? Also, do you have any samples of the 1.1 in 4:3 mode? Thanks!
  16. P

I haven't heard much about this lens... Has anyone tried it on a G1?
  17. P

It would be VERY interesting if the 25mm 0.95 1" version can focus to infinity. From measuring the pixels on the cad drawing the diameter is around 36mm which would work nicely with the current adapters. The diameter of the 50 0.95 is way bigger, which I guess is why the one on ebay has a...
  18. P

Shooting with 50's on G1--Share Your Pics!

Jupiter-3 1.5 LTM wide open Cambodia
  19. P

The one I have is limited in that way.. I unscrewed the back of the tevidon lens and shaved off a bit of the edges to make it fit (with a dremel, it was easy because everything is made of brass). If I had an expensive lens, I'd wait for the adapter monza posted, but for $25 its pretty much a...
  20. P

Great tip! I'll try that tonight!