The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. L

New Fuji X30 - thoughts?

I've made 40x60cm exhibition quality prints out of my RX100 at its lowest ISO setting. Obviously, I have not been able to test images out of the X30. Might need to rent one before buying,
  2. L

New Fuji X30 - thoughts?

I'm contemplating buying an X30 as well. I have a Sony RX100, and while I like the image quality the user interface is horrid. I also have a Fuji X-E1, and want to get a camera with the same UI as my X-E1. Switching back and forth confuses me. :D Seriously, the Sony IQ is very good, but using...
  3. L

More Fun with Large Format Film Images!

Fuji Astia 4x5. I made two proof prints of this, one B&W and one color. Liked the B&W better on the bottom half and color better on the top half so created a layer mask and faded the B&W into the color.
  4. L

Hasselblad Lunar : they go defensive

And the hits just keep coming. Hasselblad announces the Hasselblad Stellar. I will not sell my Sony RX-100 to buy one of these. It's getting so bad I'm almost embarrassed to take my 501CM out in public.
  5. L

Native 21mm

I have the Fuji 14/2.8 lens for my X-E1 and recommend it without reservation. It is an excellent lens.
  6. L

Lensrentals.com experience

I've only rented from them once, but the experience was just as Guy described. I forgot to take my polarizing filter out of the case when I sent the X-E1 kit back, and lensrentals.com returned it to me no charge. They will will be my first choice in the future.
  7. L

dpreviews Fuji X100s review is out ...

I was wondering what was taking them so long. Good review of the cameras strengths and weaknesses. The biggest weakness, video, is something I do not care about.
  8. L

Fun with the X-Vario

That might be me. I'm torn between the Fuji X-E1 and the X Vario. I rented an X-E1 for a trip to Denmark and was very impressed. It is also a more versatile camera than the X Vario. However, seeing the JPEGs from the X Vario makes me think it may be the image quality winner*, and I'd much rather...
  9. L

Oh, those X-Trans trees!

The proof is in the prints. I received a 24x36 inch print I shot with an X-E1 on a recent trip to Denmark. I could see some artifacts on screen, but the print is beautiful. The shot did not contain any foliage, however. I used LR5 and PhotoShop CS6 to prep the print, then up sampled it using...
  10. L

Re: Lightroom 5 is OUT

Re: Lightroom 5 is OUT Thanks for the heads up. I just downloaded it. Seems significantly faster generating previews than LR4.
  11. L

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Re: Fun with the Fuji X-E1 Løkken, Denmark
  12. L

Sony RX100 - getting started

First image: Swan at the Brønderslev, Denmark flower garden. Second image: Church interior, Vrensted, Denmark
  13. L

Phase One listing SCAM - watch!

Make that at least three people.
  14. L

Now that we've all posted photos of what this little pocket gem does right, here is one illustrating a weakness. This is at the widest zoom. Notice the severe distortion in the corners. It is especially evident in the upper corners.
  15. L

A slightly surreal scene!

That is indeed surreal. Excellent shot.
  16. L

Thoughts on MF cameras

Don't overlook the Yashica 124 series. I've been working on some drum scans my son shot with his 124G and they are excellent. You can buy on on eBay that has been recently CLA'd by Mark Hama and stay within your budget, or find a cheap one and get it serviced.
  17. L

Thoughts on MF cameras

Good purchase photosmart42. I used to have one of those cameras. I have a 16x16 prints on my living room wall that I shot with it and it is lovely. Have fun.
  18. L

Thunderbolt and Firewire Film Scanners

That is good news. I just went back to medium format film and am thinking of buying a Coolscan 9000.
  19. L

LR4 consumer Mac recommendations

I have a 2012 2.5Ghz Mac Mini with 16GB RAM and a 240GB Sandisk Extreme in a USB 3 enclosure as my startup drive. My working photo drive is a 4TB striped RAID connected via Thunderbolt. I can open and save >600MB PhotoShop files in 4-6 seconds. I have redundant backups at home and use Backblaze...
  20. L

Wow. This thread has some impressive photos shot with the Rx-100. I got ne for Christmas and took it to Big Bend National Park. This is from inside an old rock house next to the Hot Springs parking lot. I just sent 12x18 and 16x24 files off for prints to see how well the RX-100 holds up for...