The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

New S starts shipping

Great price and specs, it is said to have 15 stops DR! Leica S (Typ 007) Starts Shipping with Lower Price of $16,900 | Red Dot Forum
  2. P

Getting tired of Diglloyd

I know Mr. Chambers is a thorough and knowledgeable reviewer, but as of late he seems to have an extra large ax to grind with Leica. Most of his reviews of Leica products are quite negative. He just tested a Leica S and encountered AF problems. Incidentally, he also reported AF problems in his...
  3. P

C1-Sony support

I think this is very interesting news for Sony users: Capture One (for Sony) Even tethered shooting with A7 series and A99/A77 II
  4. P

New Firmware Leica S and Leica S2

FYI: New firmware update for the LEICA S and LEICA S2 / News / Home Page - LEICA Camera AG AND: A 45 mm f2,8 :) Leica Camera is pleased to add the Leica Elmarit-S 45 mm f/2.8 ASPH., a high-performance wide-angle lens, to its lens portfolio for the Leica S media format system. There are now a...
  5. P

Barnack Award Blues

Leica just published an interesting video with the winner and the finalists' portfolios of the Oscar Barnack Award 2013: Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2013 – Finalists’ Portfolios I really liked the idea of putting all these images in one video, this way I don't have to click through them myself...
  6. P

Leica S 24 and 30-90 coming?

The profiles are in the ACR 7.2 Release Candidate... Camera Raw 7.2 Release Candidate now available on Adobe Labs « Lightroom Journal
  7. P

RAW support for the new Sony camera's in OS X

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3825 There you go Jono :) Have fun with Aperture.
  8. P

Improved S2 profiles in LR?

http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Lightroom_3.2
  9. P

Finally a Carl Zeiss 24 mm f 2.0 coming

Just announced at PMA... http://news.sel.sony.com/images/large/consumer/digital_imaging/digital_cameras/dslr/PMA_DSLR_onp_lg.jpg No delivery date yet :rolleyes:
  10. P

Holiday Season Photos

Hi all, as the year is coming to an end, I'd like to thank everyone for all the knowledge that was shared so kindly here on the Sony forum. My decision to go Sony was largely based on what others on this forum had to say about the Alpha system. This last year I've invested in Sony quite a lot...
  11. P

a900 ISO: 100 vs 320

Lately there's been some talk on this forum that 320 ISO would be an interesting ISO setting for the a900. Kind of a 'sweet spot' for the right exposure and noise. I compared 100 to 320 ISO and here are some screenshots of in-camera jpgs. It looks like 100 ISO shows more detail, saturation...
  12. P

Sony Zeiss 16 - 35

Hi all, after reading almost every thread in the Sony section, I decided to take the plunge and buy an a900. (sold my Panasonic G1 and Leica M8 to finance this adventure...) Since there's still not much information about the Sony Zeiss 16 - 35 I thought I'd start this thread. At first, after...
  13. P

Aperture on Summilux with Panasonic G1

Hi all, after reading enthousiastic comments on this forum I decided to treat myself and buy a PanaLeica 25 mm. It arrived two weeks ago and I tried it on a Olympus E3 with good results. After a long wait my M4/3 adapter arrived and I finally was able to put it on my G1. I updated the firmware...
  14. P

unable to switch off tracking AF in Ai mode G1

Hi all, now this has been going on for more than a week, and I'm reluctant to ask stupid questions, but I'm unable to switch off tracking AF in Ai mode on my G1. I've been reading the manual over and over again, but haven't found a solution yet. Maybe I misunderstand, and switching off AF...
  15. P

Panasonic DMW-RSL1, Remote Control

Hi all, does anyone know if the Panasonic DMW-RSL1 is the same as the Panasonic DMW-RS1 with the only difference being the length of the cable? There's a substantial price difference... Thanks, Peter
  16. P

Panasonic 45-200 question

Now I apologize in advance if this question sounds stupid, but this is the longest lens I ever owned, and I'm new to O.I.S. This afternoon I did some tests outside. The focal length was set around 185, aperture around f5,5 , shutter 1/320 and ISO around 160. I'm quite happy with the results...
  17. P

Test M8 75cron vs G1 45-200

Now I know this is apples and pears... I wanted to see the difference between the long Panasonic kitlens and my beloved Leica 75/2... All photo's were shot at 160 ISO and f4. It's dark here, the exposure time was a bit long; around 1/90... The M8 DNG's were developed in Aperture, the G1 RW2's...
  18. P

File Numbers Questions

Hi all, just downloaded some photo's to my Mac. Strange thing is the firts 10 had file names like this: P1000001 Than, after 10 or so the file numbers were like this: _1000010 The "P" was gone and replaced with "_" After 20 photo's the P came back only for about 20 files, and than the _...
  19. P

New forum member

Mery X-mas everybody! After reading all the enthousiast and friendly threads here, I decided to join the club. During the past months I've been closely watching the developments around the Panasonic G1 and today I bought a G1 with both zooms :) (already ordered the Novoflex 4/3 - M last...