The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. wryphotography

Help with panorama options please

If I were you, I would use the IQ280 and rent/borrow/buy a 617. Contrary to what some have said in the thread, scanning film is no easy task. So much so that I sent many slides out for scanning, and was completely unhappy with the results. So i bought my own imacon, it took me months to learn...
  2. wryphotography

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Took this in january on my honeymoon. Seafarer by WRY Photo, on Flickr
  3. wryphotography

Pentax 645Z - oh boy!

i just want to say, that this whole debate is asinine and really rates as who cares? However, your definition is narrow. As there are lots of "pro" photographers that go out and shoot wildlife and landscapes and then sell their work, full time. Your definition implies that someone has to pay a...
  4. wryphotography

Pentax 645Z - oh boy!

I did not know that, thanks. It is definitely annoying to go back and forth since i play with White balance and tint a lot. The d800 didnt come out till feb of 2012. So its been 2+ years. I would expect to see something from them around the 3 year mark, but they have already announced the D4s...
  5. wryphotography

Pentax 645Z - oh boy!

Doug, no offense, but you really are coming across as total team phase one. What you say is good about the software developers and hardware developers being able to have direct access to each other. But at the end of the day, I have run my IQ180 files through Lightroom and Capture One and I...
  6. wryphotography

Havn't posted in a while. Took this last year on my Fuji GX617 One by WRY Photo, on Flickr
  7. wryphotography

Speculation : Sony MF system

so seconded! I would not be surprised to see a canikon move up to medium format. The megapixel wars are over as far as 35mm and crop cameras are concerned. Diffraction does indeed start to creep in at higher pixel counts.
  8. wryphotography

Panoramic cameras (Linhof / Horseman)

Glad you like it. I was going to throw in a +1 for 617, but if you like 612, more power to you. I just wish there was a 617 medium format digital out there. I would trade my iq180 in a heartbeat for it, but alas medium format digital is so niche that having a 617 sensor would be super niche...
  9. wryphotography

Phase One IQ250 - 11 things you need to know, and Q&A

it seems pretty clear to me that this camera was not designed to be used for a technical camera. It also seems clear to me that this is not a landscape back, it seems targeted at people who need low light capabilities. As a landscape shooter myself, I love ISO 35, its so silky smooth that I...
  10. wryphotography

lovely lighthouse johnny. Web of Roots by WRY Photo, on Flickr From guadalupe state park. Focus stacked with 55mm mamiya, iq180.
  11. wryphotography

Medium Format Ariel photography?

Absolutely take your medium format gear. Two years ago I did aerial photography from a plane while in Belize. The kicker though was I used my Fuji 617, so it was film only for me. I used velvia 50 and provia 400. I got some good results. As others said you don't need to stop down, I believe I...
  12. wryphotography

Rumor re New Sony Hasselblad Sensor

no, it was there, it was the first post. Personally, I would like to see more competition in the medium format space, i think the products that are there are wonderful and amazing, but a little too pricey. Also, i'm of the belief that Nikon/Sony full frame 36mpx sensor can't get much higher mpx...
  13. wryphotography

Perdenales Spring by WRY Photo, on Flickr At Perdenales falls state park.
  14. wryphotography

FS: Fuji GX617 with 3 lenses and accessories

bump, last day of ebay auction. Obviously still interested in trades.
  15. wryphotography

FS: Fuji GX617 with 3 lenses and accessories

bump re-listed, great deal at 4k. Fuji GX617 3 Lens Kit with Accessories | eBay also interested in trade for digital back or Arca RM3d1 tech cam or lenses for one.
  16. wryphotography

Very nice Guy. Are these 5 vertical shots? I'm very interested in getting a SK60 for stitching purposes. How many mm of shift is a shot like that?
  17. wryphotography

Raid Dilemma

Personally I would go with a self built RAID. A lot of these pre built ones don't offer a lot of expandibility or flexibilty, even more frustrating they're making up they're own non standard RAID terms for marketing or whatever. Really annoys me since I work in IT and people ask me about these...
  18. wryphotography

Anyone Stitching Panos with a MF Digital Back?

could you imagine 3 60mp sensors together? the file sizes would be absurd. One IQ180 file is already half the size of one 3200ppi scan at 16bit of a 617 transparency. I'm selling my Fuji cause the workflow is too much of a pita to scan in and then clean off dust, edit etc. I would rather...
  19. wryphotography

Tech Camera Users with Copal-shuttered lenses please take note

Huh. With my 617, the thought of changing the shutter speed after cocking the shutter never occurred to me. I only ever cocked the shutter once everything was set and i checked it twice. But good to know that it will ruin it if done.