The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

More questions about the Samsung NX-500

1)What is the crop factor when shooting 4K video??? 2)What is the difference in the processors in the NX-1 and the NX-500?? 3)Is the buffer the same size in the NX-500 as in the NX-1?? Is it smaller in the NX-500?? 4)Besides the obvious differences between the NX-500, and NX-1,what the REAL...
  2. M

Price drop on Samsung NX1

Well its Feb. 1. Where is the price drop?? Or is the firmware upgrade taking its place?? Martin
  3. M

Price drop on Samsung NX1

With the arrival of the firmware upgrade, is it likely that there also be a price reduction in the Samsung ˜NX1?? Martin
  4. M

Olympus EM5-II

Will it really have sensor shift added resolution technology?? Martin
  5. M

Samsung NX1

Jorgen: Maybe he really knows the answer. He certainly looks like he should. Martin P.S. Does he have a phone??
  6. M

Samsung NX1

Vivek: Any idea when the price will drop?? I am interested in this camera but if the price drops, I can wait. Martin
  7. M

Samsung NX1

Is this camera advanced enough to be a financial success?? Samsung has been not really been competitive up till now!!! Interested. Martin
  8. M

Any Lytro photos yet?

Any photos? Martin
  9. M

The A7 visists Paris

These are really good. It's tough to take a "bad" picture in Paris. The city is so photogenic. Martin
  10. M

Fun with the Lytro Illum

Any pictures yet??? Martin
  11. M

Fun with the Lytro Illum

That's fine. Take ur time. The Illium seems to require a little different technique.(Foreground vs. mid-ground or background). So it seems that each shot needs more planning. Seems like a bit of a learning curve. Martin
  12. M

Fun with the Lytro Illum

Any photos yet?? Martin
  13. M

Fun with the Lytro Illum

I would like to experiment with this camera, but the cost is hi. I realize the limited potential as a 2D camera which limits it further. The 3D potential is huge, and quite interesting. We just have to shoot differently. I too feel that it is the future. Let's see some shots. Martin
  14. M

Fun with the Lytro Illum

Have been following for a long time. Seems interesting, but only for shots with foreground interest, and background-midground subject. Otherwise, the low resolution limits shots with just 1 plane (like we normally shoot). It forces you to think, and shoot differently. Not a bad idea. Costly...
  15. M

Nikon V3 and 70-300cx

Tnx for the info. Any more examples?? Martin
  16. M

Nikon V3 and 70-300cx

Which 70-300?? There are 3 lenses that Nikon has. Martin
  17. M

23mm lens or Fuji XT-1

I forgot to indicate that I have a xe-1 which I would use with 23 mm lens. Martin
  18. M

23mm lens or Fuji XT-1

i can only afford one,or the other.. I have a photo shoot involving a newborn. I prefer the 23mm (FOV - 35 mm) or do I choose an XT-1 with it's improved sensor, and processor.. Which one, I can only afford one? Martin
  19. M

leica/pan 15mm or zeiss/sony 55 mm

I am fortunate to have both the Sony A7 and the Panasonic Gm-1. I have a photo shoot coming up that involves shooting a new born in low light. I have an apples, and oranges question. I am deciding between a 55mm Zeiss.Sony or a Leica/Panasonic 15mmm. Which lens?? A little more info. I prefer the...
  20. M

GM1 anyone?

I see that the famous grip is available at B&H. Do you think it is a good idea??? Martin