The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

More questions about the Samsung NX-500

1)What is the crop factor when shooting 4K video??? 2)What is the difference in the processors in the NX-1 and the NX-500?? 3)Is the buffer the same size in the NX-500 as in the NX-1?? Is it smaller in the NX-500?? 4)Besides the obvious differences between the NX-500, and NX-1,what the REAL...
  2. M

Price drop on Samsung NX1

With the arrival of the firmware upgrade, is it likely that there also be a price reduction in the Samsung ˜NX1?? Martin
  3. M

Olympus EM5-II

Will it really have sensor shift added resolution technology?? Martin
  4. M

Any Lytro photos yet?

Any photos? Martin
  5. M

23mm lens or Fuji XT-1

i can only afford one,or the other.. I have a photo shoot involving a newborn. I prefer the 23mm (FOV - 35 mm) or do I choose an XT-1 with it's improved sensor, and processor.. Which one, I can only afford one? Martin
  6. M

leica/pan 15mm or zeiss/sony 55 mm

I am fortunate to have both the Sony A7 and the Panasonic Gm-1. I have a photo shoot coming up that involves shooting a new born in low light. I have an apples, and oranges question. I am deciding between a 55mm Zeiss.Sony or a Leica/Panasonic 15mmm. Which lens?? A little more info. I prefer the...
  7. M

35 Mm fe or 55 mm fe?

I have a a7 and kit zoom. I wish to add a prime lens. Should it be a 35mm fe, or a 55 mm fe? Obviously there is a difference in both focal length, and aperture. These differences aside what should I choose? I shoot mostly landscapes, street, and travel photos.
  8. M

GR viewfinder??

Does this learned group think that an optical viewfinder is necessary for the new Ricoh GR?? Martin S
  9. M

Ordered Sigma DP2M

I finally ordered one after seeing the great images on this thread. I was wondering if mere mortals can get such detailed images as you folks, or do we need some form of special training to get similar results?? Seriously, the quality of the images has sold me! I realize that this camera is...
  10. M

Viewfinder for DP2M?

Since this camera has no viewfinder, what hot shoe mounted viewfinder do you use? Martin
  11. M

View finder for DP2M?

Since this camera has no viewfinder, what hot shoe mounted viewfinder
  12. M

DP1M or DP2M????

I am contemplating purchasing either a DP1M, or DP2M. Which focal length would be more versatile? I shoot mostly landscapes, and some people shots. I assume that the image quality from each lens is equal. Thanks. Martin
  13. M

Hawks factory Sony NEX to Contax G adapter

Anyone have one of these adapters?? Do they really bypass the lens focus, and focus the lens themselves?? Please provide email address, or ebay info. Any other lens adapter for the Contax G lenses have a focussing helicoid??? Thanks. Martin
  14. M

is Ricoh GXR stabilized??

Is the GXR "body" stabilized??? Does the Ricoh M Mount + GXR combination have sensor stabilization??? Thanks. Martin
  15. M

Has anyone bought the "Q"

The Q seems to be available. I wonder if anyone has bought it?? I have a very slight interest, but it seems a bit expensive for a (very) small sensor camera. Any users, or buyers out there??? Martin
  16. M

M lens adapters

Which adapter are recommended?? Thanks. Martin
  17. M

Are the Panasonic X lenses compatible with the G1 and GH2??

Are the new Panasonic X lenses compatible withe the GH2, and G1????? Thanks. Martin
  18. M

Problem installing Firmware upgrade

Just getting around to installing 1,10. Followed all directions, and downloaded FPUDATE from Fuji website. Copied on formatted card, inserted in camera. Pushed in back button and turned on. Got error message "New firmware could not be found. Turn off camera. What is the problem???? Confused...
  19. M

A few ?? about my X-100

Just received my X-100, and naturally I have a few questions. 1) Why does the OVF become so dark on image playback?? 2) In EVF mode the image is darkened, almost as if it is doing stop down metering. Is this correct??? 3) The histogram seems to come and go, and is not visible in playback. Is...
  20. M

Any X100 RAW Converters that run on OS10.4

I am awaiting an X-100. and was wondering if any RAW converters will run on my G5 (OS 10.4.8)??? Fuji converter, Photoshop, Lightroom, Capture 1 all require an Intel based machine. and OS10.6. Thanks. Martin