The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

I am so glad Sigma is going to push me towards bankruptcy...

Source Here is the proof of FF 1:1:1 Foveon structure: https://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2019/04/29/sigma-interview-l-mount-lenses-aplenty-mirrorless-to-take-over-from-dslr
  2. M

I am so glad Sigma is going to push me towards bankruptcy...

"1/15 sec. or less at 14bit", so the readout speed is very slow... It's interesting to see how noticeable a rolling shutter effect will be in a movie mode with a camera movement. 12-bit cDNG with 12.5 stops of DR is not impressive for a raw recording (external) in 2019. Though, a promised...
  3. M

So Leica makes cameras for pros... Really?????

The enchanting purchase experience at a boutique store is quite often followed by the discovery of a poor unit hardware quality outside a dry cabinet and snail-like customer/repair service in the USA. And while no manufacturer is prone to item failures and recalls, mitigating a negative customer...
  4. M

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

Temple of Apollo Ancient Corinth @ f/5.6
  5. M

Hasselblad Teaser and Upcoming Announcement

Indeed, his name is Vincent Laine: http://vincentlaine.com/bio
  6. M

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Shot in Huntington Beach, CA? :thumbup:
  7. M

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

Why not? Roasted Cauliflower
  8. M

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

That 2-valve monolever engine is a giveaway, isn't it? BMW does not make bikes with this engine anymore since 1995, afaik.
  9. M

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

I'm clueless about bikes. This one caught my attention through a window of a gallery and I paid a visit. Unfortunately, I didn't inquire about the model name and year, but did try to research after revisiting the shot at home. The closest match I could find is the 1980s R80 and what tuning...
  10. M

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

Indeed. A nicely modified BMW R80 :)
  11. M

Sigma DP1 Merrill Shots

BMW Motorrad
  12. M

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

That's a very challenging landscape scene for DP1M's dynamic range in the "Early morning Autumn Trees" image. :toocool:
  13. M

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

Christmas Tree Decoration Shot with AML-2 filter.
  14. M

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

You deserve a round of applause for taking the DP beyond its comfort zone :)
  15. M

Zeiss ZX1

That would be disappointing, considering other compacts, e.g. RX1, can go as high as 1/4000s with a closed down aperture. Leica Q can do 1/2000s at f/1.7. I wonder what limits continuous frame rate to a maximum of 3fps? Sigma DP Merrill series shoot 3.8 fps in continuous mode since 2012...
  16. M

Zeiss ZX1

Some interesting specs: ISO: 80-51,200 Shutter Speed: 1/8000s -30s. I wonder if 1/8000s is delivered by a mechanical leaf shutter, at f/2? :toocool: No Stabilization of any sort. Integrated hot shoe with Sigma flash protocol. :loco: https://zx1.zeiss.com
  17. M

Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses

Unlike Leica & Panasonic, Sigma supports its cameras and lenses with a 4-year warranty in the USA. They service claims quickly without a need to send faulty/damaged items to the motherland. I wish Leica took some lessons from Sigma to improve their US warranty service, since it's not as premium...
  18. M

Sigma L-Mount cameras and lenses

L-Mount Q&A: https://l-mount.com/en/Q-and-A This is exciting news. Finally, other glass, besides Sigma's, gets a chance to project light on Foveon sensor!
  19. M

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

That's impressive how you manage to get such steady shots at low shutter speeds (<1/50s) in ambient light with dp2m, especially for portraits! :thumbup:
  20. M

Sigma DP2 Merrill shots

:clap: Well Done. Is it shot with some artificial light source from the left side?