The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. G

FS: Mamiya 645AF lenses (30mm, 55mm, 150mm, 300mm)

30mm sold. 150mm and 300mm still available. Make offer.
  2. G

55mm sold 55mm sold. Other lenses still available.
  3. G

PS...take the whole lot for $1000. :-)
  4. G

Sold off my camera and am only shooting RZ67 now. So these lenses are ready to unload. All are in very good condition with no flaws to report. Photos available on request. I'm in the SF Bay Area and can meet in person. Shipping at cost. 1. 30mm Arsat fisheye w/case $150 (manual focus)...
  5. G

A77 vs A900...vs MFDB

Marc, Wait...you didn't read the thread to find out my goal, but you had to sneak a peek at the file names to figure out which was the $1500 camera, and which was the $30,000 camera? What's that tell us? ;) As I said, I'm trying to thin my camera pile, and (for my uses) was hoping the A850...
  6. G

A77 vs A900...vs MFDB

Well, it's not good so far. Shot all three cameras tonight for the play. Lowlight plus studio. Decided to use the A77 at ISO 50 and the MFDB at ISO 50 for the studio shots, and it's a tight race. See if you can tell which is which. The A850 got relegated to ISO320 work because it's neither...
  7. G

A77 vs A900...vs MFDB

Well, I broke down and bought an A850. Guess I'll have to do a real test :)
  8. G

A77 vs A900...vs MFDB

I like your logic. :) My thinking for going "back" from MFDB to A-900 is basically consolidation. I have all the good glass, but it's not getting used on APS-C. As I wind down my desire to hassle with film, I could save time and money and stowage space to free myself from 645 and 67 lenses...
  9. G

A77 vs A900...vs MFDB

Good info, Bill...thanks. Having done this before with older cameras, the MFDB seemed to handily win out in terms of sharpness even at similar resolutions. I attributed this to the lack of AA filter. No such difference was visible with the A77. I did get a HUGE amount of fringing with the...
  10. G

A77 vs A900...vs MFDB

I did some quick comparisons between the A77 and my MFDB and was surprised to see noise at ISO100 (on the A77). I might not have appreciated it without something "pure" to compare to. Granted, it was JPG and DRO, so I need to redo it with RAW and perhaps ISO50. But I was wondering if anyone...
  11. G

FS: Mamiya 645E with 70mm and 150mm LS lenses

Bumped to $300, or trade for Sony gear.
  12. G

WTT: Leaf to RZ67 Adapter plate for Phaseone to RZ67

I modified my Leaf plate to work with my Phase back....just took a bit of Dremel tooling. Now I use it with a Leaf back, so it's cross-compatible.
  13. G

FS: Mamiya 645E with 70mm and 150mm LS lenses

Thinking of sticking with my RZ67 when I need leaf shutters. 1. 645E in great shape with 120 insert. 2. 70mm Sekor C leaf shutter lens. EXC condition. 3. 150mm N/L lens like new in box. Literally like new, probably used twice. $400 for the set plus shipping of your choice.
  14. G

LS lenses at 1/800th Flash Sync (and above)...

LOL...oops, you're right. I completely forgot about turning day into night. :) Even BETTER shots, then.
  15. G

LS lenses at 1/800th Flash Sync (and above)...

Adam, Great shots, but they don't require HSS, do they? All of your subject exposure is from the flash. I would expect the HSS feature would be useful in daytime. I have a similar jumping shot on slide film shot at 1/500 that would have benefited from even higher shutter speeds. With...
  16. G

Mamiya 645 AFD III - DM22, Which lenses??

Z lenses? Aren't those for the RZ or something? Your basic manual focus lenses are usually called Mamiya 645, or just m645. The 35mm is much cheaper than its AF version...usually under $300. There's a TS floating around, too. IQ in general of the MF lenses is probably close to older AF...
  17. G

D800 vs Etch-a-Sketch

You have to enable the in-body anti-shake feature. Then you can save one image. :)
  18. G

Getting back to the reasons for Medium Format ...

Makes me want to break out my RZ/Valeo 22 again. I forgot what I was missing ;)
  19. G

WTB a mamiya AFD film back to shoot film one last time

Steve, I can part with mine temporarily. I have too much film, so I normally shoot 6x7 to burn it faster. ;-) I'd sell you my spare, but my 5yo decided to "help" it fall out of my backpack...attached to my camera. The camera got fixed, but spending $135 to fix the back wasn't worthwhile...
  20. G

Confused about Phase One/Mamiya body and lens options

The manual lenses are more numerous and cheaper, and will work on an AF body (which is required for the P65+). But focus (obviously) and aperture control must be done manually.