The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. G

FS: Mamiya 645AF lenses (30mm, 55mm, 150mm, 300mm)

Sold off my camera and am only shooting RZ67 now. So these lenses are ready to unload. All are in very good condition with no flaws to report. Photos available on request. I'm in the SF Bay Area and can meet in person. Shipping at cost. 1. 30mm Arsat fisheye w/case $150 (manual focus)...
  2. G

A77 vs A900...vs MFDB

I did some quick comparisons between the A77 and my MFDB and was surprised to see noise at ISO100 (on the A77). I might not have appreciated it without something "pure" to compare to. Granted, it was JPG and DRO, so I need to redo it with RAW and perhaps ISO50. But I was wondering if anyone...
  3. G

FS: Mamiya 645E with 70mm and 150mm LS lenses

Thinking of sticking with my RZ67 when I need leaf shutters. 1. 645E in great shape with 120 insert. 2. 70mm Sekor C leaf shutter lens. EXC condition. 3. 150mm N/L lens like new in box. Literally like new, probably used twice. $400 for the set plus shipping of your choice.
  4. G

Blown highlights on Leaf back

The specular highlights on my Valeo 22 seem to blow out in a quite unappealing fashion that I never noticed on my DSLR. Is this to be expected? It's like shooting slide film, only worse. I realize that digital in general doesn't provide the highlight latitude that print film does, but I...
  5. G

RZ67 180mm soft for $100 new on Amazon

Stumbled across this...thought this monster paperweight of a lens might be interesting for you folks at $100 new. &linkCode=asn&creativeASIN=B0001DQOFQ"]Link I noticed I listed mine for sale back 2 years ago here (LOL) and probably haven't used it since. But now I have a 48x36mm MFDB, I may...
  6. G

Leaf Digital Magazine modification to CF card?

Had anyone tried this? Seems like it would reduce power consumption, increase storage space, and reduce weight. Upon quick inspection, the drive seems to be encased in a heavy metal case, but if it were opened, could a CF card on PATA card be swapped in? Better yet, if you were adept with...
  7. G

Leaf Ipaq Wiview or DP-67 installation files?

Does anyone have the .cab files for Wiview or DP-67? Apparently, the only files available on the internet (and that's not many) are Mac configured. Which means those of us without Mac's have no way to install either Ipaq program. Thanks, Greg
  8. G

Leaf Capture LC11 vs. LR3

Foraying into the Leaf arena, I find LC11 to be both tedious and underpowered. For example, it seems to have very little exposure control. All the dynamic range of a MFDB, and slightly blown highlights seem gone forever. Put the same .mos files into LR3, and you seem to get all the...
  9. G

FS: Phase One H10 11mp digital back Mamiya 645AF w/ accessories

Upgraded my back, so passing this one down the line. Shoot with it or use it as a trade-in for a new 180. ;) Sensor is 24x36mm, and shoots at ISO50 native. ISO100 works; above that, it gets noisy. I shot this mobile using my PC laptop and a 12V battery (included). Contains: 1. H10 back...
  10. G

Leaf 22wi on PC?

Yair et al, I'm seeing some conflicting information on using Leaf backs (specifically 22wi) on PC? Will it not work tethered? If not, will the back store images on the digital magazine without the Ipaq connected? Or does either an Ipaq or a Macintosh have to be connected to the back at all...
  11. G

Portable viewing of tethered images?

If I'm shooting tethered and want to remotely view my images, is there a way to do it? Something so absurdly simple apparently escapes the capability of a world full of programmers and developers, apparently. There appears to be no way to view the image files over Bluetooth, because none of...
  12. G

a850 vs older MFDB?

Has anyone used both? I'm curious for a direct comparison. I find my 11mp MFDB is about 2-3x sharper than my 12mp A700. I would therefore expect the MFDB to be still on par or superior to the A850 for everything short of printing above 12x18 or so. Of course, the A850 has the advantage of...
  13. G

Location/extraction of LR image preview files

I had my drive go south on me. Fortunately, it was only 4 months old, and all my recent photos were also backed up. But I lost some less important photos that I hadn't archived. Since they are still in the preview screen, is there an easy way to get them back? The data is there and it's more...
  14. G

Aptus 17/22 on RZ67?

Anyone here use this combination? I'm curious about how it works. I'm considering this as my upgrade path from my H10, but figured I'd do my research before dropping the $$$. Thanks. Greg
  15. G

What's the "look" used in Ritchie's "Sherlock Holmes"?

I can't find any images online, but can anyone who's seen the movie tell me about the coloration they used? I figured there was some "standard" definition for that look amongst the professional image/video editing crowd. And what better place to ask pro questions than here? :) It looks like...
  16. G

FS: Minolta 2.0x APO Teleconverter II $240

EXC+ condition, no signs of use. Will work on Minolta APO G lenses, as well as the Minolta or Sony 135STF If you happen to have an APO(D) converter, and don't have any SSM lenses, perhaps we can trade. :)
  17. G

Braun RL515 set with 510V batteries (2x)

Figured some of you diehards might be interested in these. Excellent condition set of two Braun flashes. I'm pretty sure the model is RL515 (it's packed up in the garage). 85 GN, as I recall, with two power settings and two flash coverage settings. I got them with a TLR kit and was...
  18. G

SOLD: Mamiya 645 300mm f/2.8 LNIB for 300mm f/4.5

Anyone want to trade autofocus for aperture? ;) I have the 300mm f/2.8 APO literally in new condition, so I won't bother getting photos right now. It's buried in the case, wrapped up, in the box. I was thinking I'd use it more, both with my 645AF and via adapter on my DSLR. Then I got the...
  19. G

Metz flashes for Sale: NEW 54/3301 Minolta, used 40/3951 Mamiya $200

I have some spare flashes I've collected. $200 shipped for either. 1. NEW Metz 54 MZ-3, with 3301 Minolta module. This will work fully for film, or in A-mode only for digital (Sony included). No HSS or wireless for digital. But the flash is new, and a new $80 3302 module will bring it up...
  20. G

Type C Focusing Screen for 645AF?

Jack, et al.... Those of you that have spent the $80 to put a microprism into your 645AF...what are your thoughts? Seems to be quite useful for MF lenses. Thanks, Greg