The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

FS (US): Really Right Stuff TVC-33

Hi All, Have two tripods and currently using both so selling one. Really Right Stuff TVC-33 (mkI) for sale. If you're looking you know what it is. It's in good +/excellent minus condition. Bought it in 2011 from RRS. Really clean for it's age, but it has a scuff or two here or there that...
  2. T

FS (US): Really Right Stuff BH-55 w/ Lever Lock Tripod Head

Hi All, Have two tripods and heads and am not currently shooting, so something's gotta go. If you're looking at this you prob know what it is. In good +/excellent minus. I've been using it about 10 years or more so it's seen some use but really clean for it's age. A scuff or two here or...
  3. T

FS (US): Hasselblad 35-75mm XCD

Hi All, Never thought I'd do this but I'm reluctantly selling my Hassy 35-75mm XCD. Waited for a loooooong time for this lens, but haven't done any photography for awhile and have a hard time justifying it sitting on the shelf. I don't see that changing any time soon. It's a stellar lens...
  4. T

Hasselblad 24mm (or 25mm) f2.5V and 135mm f2.5V

https://www.hasselblad.com/x-system/lenses/xcd-25v/ There ya go. 25mm f2.5V, $3700 USD, in stock now.
  5. T

Hasselblad 24mm (or 25mm) f2.5V and 135mm f2.5V

New Hasselblad 24 or 25mm V lens is rumored to be announced this week: https://photorumors.com/2024/05/06/also-coming-this-week-hasselblad-xcd-24mm-or-25mm-f-2-5-lens/ Could it explain what has happened with the 21mm XCD?? Who knows but I'll guess we'll find out. New 135 is also rumored.
  6. T

Behind the scenes

Great shot Dave! I've only been to the Patagonia region once, and it was further north than Torres Del Paine. The wind in that area of the world is something else for sure. We were fly fishing which was....difficult haha.
  7. T

IQ5 rumors

We’ve got an 80 lb Great Pyrenees puppy in addition to two cats, I’m good there lol. I’m out on the IQ5. My forays in the medium format world will be a generation or two behind whatever current gen is from here on out. If they held financial value better I’d consider it. The IQ4 platform fit my...
  8. T

IQ4150 power on fail.need help.

My understanding here in the US is there are express and implied warranties with products sold and that's governed by the Uniform Commercial Code. Unfortunately for us, warranties are not infinite in duration. By law in the US at least, P1 will go by the book because the transferable warranty...
  9. T

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

The AF is meaningful for me. I’m willing to accept comprise for something I can use on a tech cam and handheld with face detect AF with my existing XCD lenses. I tend not to do extreme movements or edits so I doubt my photos would be affected by the banding much. Lack of AF would be a deal...
  10. T

IQ4150 power on fail.need help.

Best of luck! We’re all hoping it works out!
  11. T

Anyone with an Apple Vision Pro (and maybe a CFV-100c)?

Could throw a smiley face over her actual face/head?
  12. T

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

Alpa did a blog write up but I haven't had time to read it, idk if they said anything about it or not: https://www.alpa.swiss/alpa-log/new-hasselblad-cfv-100c-on-alpa-cameras Since Alpa no longer sells the SK XL lenses I doubt they would've tested them. At the end of the day I'm not sure it's...
  13. T

best affordable lenses for CFV 100c for tech cam use?

Correct. If you use the copal shutter in the lens, then you don't have to use the electronic shutter in the back. FWIW I photograph landscapes and cityscapes and pretty much use electronic shutter in the backs exclusively. Haven't noticed any issues with moving stuff. The issues with the...
  14. T

best affordable lenses for CFV 100c for tech cam use?

The user manual has a bit on how to do it. I’d either go copal or use the electronic shutter on the back. My understanding with other electronic shutters (Schneider, Rollei) is that they’re not made anymore and not supported. Plus they require an external shutter controller (I think). Someone...
  15. T

What do we want to see in the next generation of digital backs and MF cameras?

I think I saw that the new Olympus camera has a live digital graduated ND filter? And an ND filter? I’d appreciate that in a back
  16. T

Yes, but current law in the us is, as long a maintenance fees are paid, patents in the US expire 20 years after the earliest filing, so it takes time (photography doesn’t pay the bills so I decided to be a patent atty instead).
  17. T

They do not have a patent on it, and least not under the name “Phase One A/S.” I posted somewhere recently about what what I found in my latest patent search. Patent rights are also jurisdictional so they’d have to have one in every jurisdiction in which they wanted to exclude others from using it.
  18. T

Why do you think they own the technology? I could not find a patent on it. No patent, no excluding others from using it (I.e., no ownership) It’s possible someone else has one and they have exclusive license or something. Plus Sony offered frame averaging in their smooth reflections app years...
  19. T

When will IQ4 150 hit sub US $10k?

Maybe some of you enjoy it, but the talk of P1 pricing here gets pretty old and one factor that keeps me from visiting the forum as frequently as I once did.
  20. T

Using CFV 100 handheld

The nice thing about the CFV100 and X2D is we’ve got two solutions to get to where one needs to be. I’d say if lack of IBIS is a concern for one’s shooting, just go with version that has IBIS. I’ve had plenty of sloppy and blurry results with IBIS too though haha, and technique is still...