The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Dogs857

Help Needed

Firstly my apologies. I am shockingly bad at finding stuff using the search function. I do try, honestly I do. I am after some advice and help from those of you who have used the X-Pro1 and 2. Since having my first born I have come to realise just how much extra crap we now need to cart...
  2. Dogs857

D820 Rumours

I love a good rumour. Check this one out New rumors: Nikon D820 with 46MP | Nikon Rumors Are we due an upgrade to the D810 yet?? Seems Nikon is not yet finished playing the MP race just yet.
  3. Dogs857

RRS TVC-45 Tripod with Bag and extras

This thing is huge, how huge.... If you keep a good piece of canvas in your gear you could easily provide shelter under this for a family of six in a storm. I didn't actually buy this for the height, and to be honest have never needed it. However with the two top thicker sections extended it...
  4. Dogs857

Arca Cube

This thing is a work of art, and I had to really consider whether to sell it or not. However it looks a little silly on my travel gitzo and weighs as much as my new kit setup. If you are after the ultimate tripod head this is it. I have replaced the original clamp with a screw clamp from RRS...
  5. Dogs857

Fs pentax 645d with lenses

Well the time has come to lighten the load again. I've been back and forth with MFD and this camera is an absolute standout. I wish I had of found this years ago and saved myself a lot of time and money buying P1 gear. Excellent picture quality, rock solid construction and simple to use...
  6. Dogs857

CCD Sensor Cool Down Times

Ahoy GetDpi friends. I recently bought back into MFD with a Pentax 645D, which is a fantastic camera. I have been running around taking photos of this and that, testing different lenses and doing all the usual stuff you do when you get a new camera. Whilst this is not my first MFD device, it's...
  7. Dogs857

Zeiss Otus 55mm ZF.2 Nikon Mount

I have to admit it, this lens is not for me right now. After selling out of Medium Format I thought that this would fit the bill going forward with 35mm again. It is certainly everything that it was made out to be, extremely sharp, great handling, superb image quality. The only drawback for me...
  8. Dogs857

Hilarious Df Review

Not sure if you blokes have seen this or not but F Stoppers have done a pretty cool review of the Nikon Df. Well maybe uncool, depending on if you are cool enough to get it or not :)
  9. Dogs857

FS: P45+, Cambo WRS-1250, SK24xl, SK43xl T/S, HR70

Hello I have been back and forth with this sale. Got close to offloading gear and had people pull out, then had a change of heart. It's back on because I really can't justify keeping this setup at this point in my career. It's a real shame but has to be done. For sale is the following, all...
  10. Dogs857

FS SK24XL w/- Center Filter - HR70 Cambo Mount

I am selling some lenses to help fund a back upgrade. The 24XL because it won't fit the new back, and the 70HR because I want to keep my glass all schneider. Both are in excellent condition, no scratching haze or fungus. The 70 was bought new in Dec last year. The have both had the Cambo crash...
  11. Dogs857

FS - Phase One P45+ M Mount

UP for sale is my P45+ in Mamiya Mount. I'm selling to finance an upgrade to a FF sensor. Asking price is US$8000 This is in perfect condition and is working flawlessly. Latest firmware installed.Any questions please ask. Included in the sale is the back, charger, 4 batteries and a phase one...
  12. Dogs857

FS - Cambo WRS-1250 Phase One P45+ and Lenses

For sale is the following equipment. Phase One P45+ in Mamiya mount. 39000 shots and in excellent condition - $8000 Cambo WRS-1250 with M mount plate, ground glass and loupe - $3500 Schneider 24XL with centre filter - $1800 Schneider 43XL Tilt Swing with centre filter - $4400 Rodenstock...
  13. Dogs857

Tethering Issue

I tried tethering today in order to do some further testing of my lenses to see how much movement etc I can actually get at my preferred apertures. The only problem was I always ended up with an overexposed section in the top right corner. I checked everything to see if I had a light leak...
  14. Dogs857

International Landscape Photography Competition

Ahoy All This is run through an Australian bloke named Peter Eastway. Last year the majority of entries were from Oz and NZ and they are hoping to grow the competition to attract a true worldwide audience. So anyone who likes a good landscape and doesn't mind a group of strangers judging your...
  15. Dogs857

Testing Real World Dynamic Range

Before I get started this is not designed to start a war. Nor is it designed to be a "mine is better than yours" discussion. Also I am not a professional tester, I do this for my own benefit and would encourage everyone to test their own sensors for their intended use rather than listen to me. I...
  16. Dogs857

Focusing and other musings.

Isn't it always the way. I finally get my MF gear together again after a long absence since I had to sell off my Arca and IQ180 at the start of the year, and the wet season has hit in force. I've had nothing but pouring rain and strong winds for the last week. Now there is a couple of cyclones...
  17. Dogs857

Why no IQ240

Ok correct me if I am wrong here; As I understand it, the IQ140 and 160 are basically the same sensor, only the 140 is smaller which gives it the 40mp size. Now with the release of the IQ250, and it's limitations with technical cameras, why doesn't Phase release an IQ240?? Same as the 260 but...
  18. Dogs857

FS: Nikon 200mm f2.0 VRI

All that is left of my Nikon gear. Awesome lens and extremely well looked after. Glass is in excellent condition, no fungus or other nasties. Everything is in pretty much as new condition. Includes original lens case and hood as well as the following; HK-30 hood and lens coat, from a 300mm 2.8...
  19. Dogs857

FS: Nikon D810, 200mm 2.0 and more lenses

Hello I am heading back into MF and as such wish to sell off my Nikon gear. Listed for sale are the following, Nikon D810 - $3000 - Perfect condition bought new in July and working flawlessly Nikon D3x - $2750 - Excellent condition. <10,000 shutter and my favourite camera. This was my backup...
  20. Dogs857

C1Pro7 - PS5.5 Help

Hello I have been using Capture One Pro 7 for only a short while now and on a whole am quite impressed with it. The only problem I am encountering is when I export files to edit in PS5.5 For exmple, I did all my adjustments to an image and got it looking the way I wanted on my calibrated...