The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. petermcwerner

Any new camera better for my needs than the G1?

Thank you all for your precious comments. I have come to the conclusion that for my use, the G1 is still a valid option. I do not really need high ISO ant other fancy features. The Olympus E-P5 looked interesting for both small footprint, weight and adaptability to use manual focusing lenses...
  2. petermcwerner

Any new camera better for my needs than the G1?

I am still using a Panasonic G1 and am quite satisfied with it. A lot of new cameras having appeared in the meantime from both Panasonic and Olympus, such as the E-P5, I wonder whether any of them will fit my particular needs even better. Here the MUST HAVE - Easy and precise focusing and...
  3. petermcwerner

Android Photos

This type will only fit small phones, not the Samsung Note
  4. petermcwerner

Android Photos

Rainy Sunday Market Samsung Galaxy Note
  5. petermcwerner

Android Photos

Thank you mazor. Data: 1/399 sec. at f/2.6 ISO-100 with flash. Postprocessed in Raw Therapee to adjust colors (blue tinge) and sharpening
  6. petermcwerner

Android Photos

Here a macro, always with the same smartphone : And this is the setup. The phone is a midget compared to the heavy tripod:
  7. petermcwerner

Android Photos

Taken with the Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 Smartphone:
  8. petermcwerner

Searching for a shirt-pocket camera with RAW capture capability

Thank you for your recommendation. I received it, here a few examples of RAW pictures, developed with RAW Therapee. I particularly like the high luminosity of the Schneider lens, color rendition and contrast.
  9. petermcwerner

I have now ordered a Samsung TL350 after reading various reviews and user appreciations. I expect it to arrive in about 10 days and shall post my experiences and comparison photos ASAP. In the meantime I thank all the members who have posted in this thread. Peter
  10. petermcwerner

Howard, Thank you for your contribution. The LX5 would be my favourite, too, were it not for the size. As you may know, I have a few cameras, Leica M8 and DMR, Nikon D700, Lumix G1, all of which deliver excellent results but are too bulky and/or heavy for me to carry along at all times...
  11. petermcwerner

A few useful resources I found in the meantime: Samsung TL350 Digital Camera Resource Page Turn your Point-and-Shoot into a Super-Camera
  12. petermcwerner

XZ-1 falls short on size Thanks for the suggestion. With its depth (43mm against 24mm of the FX150) it would not fit easily in the front pocket of my jeans.
  13. petermcwerner

I am using various “Pro” cameras that all have their merits: Leica M8, Leica R9 with DMR, Panasonic G1 and Nikon D700. All of them give excellent results but all are quite heavy and bulky to carry around. I was missing many shots because I did not have a camera on me when I needed. The best...
  14. petermcwerner

Beginner-tips to clean a lens

At a Leica seminar in Germany they gave all participants a big microfiber cloth and recommended using it without anything else (liquid, blowing). Also to keep it very clean, washing it often. They warned against using unknown microfiber cloths like the ones get from opticians as they may be...
  15. petermcwerner

Pentax 110 lenses - Picture Thread

Just got the 25mm, but still waiting for a lens shade. More will follow when the shade arrives.
  16. petermcwerner

DIY Pentax 110 to mFT adapter with Iris

Very interesting, Sven. The 18mm picture seems to confirm my doubts about this lens suffering heavily from flare and/or ghosting. So it seems it is not a defect of my unit but a general defect of this type of lens. Peter
  17. petermcwerner

Thank you for your test; it is quite revealing. When there is another sunny day (not soon according to the weather forecast) I shall try to make comparison shots of the 18mm Pentax 110 with my only other 18mm lens a Cooke Speed Panchro III (BTW, not exactly the same price league....)
  18. petermcwerner

Thank you for your contribution. Nice subjects, but seems to have a problem of flare and/or ghosting Nice picture and technically fine Lovely shot but lots of noise in the background leaves, as already noted by pellicle. High ISO? Heavily cropped? Cheers Peter
  19. petermcwerner

Tidbits from PMA 2010

Thank you for keeping us updated Cheers Peter
  20. petermcwerner

Another example of bad flare