The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. petermcwerner

Any new camera better for my needs than the G1?

I am still using a Panasonic G1 and am quite satisfied with it. A lot of new cameras having appeared in the meantime from both Panasonic and Olympus, such as the E-P5, I wonder whether any of them will fit my particular needs even better. Here the MUST HAVE - Easy and precise focusing and...
  2. petermcwerner

Searching for a shirt-pocket camera with RAW capture capability

I am using various “Pro” cameras that all have their merits: Leica M8, Leica R9 with DMR, Panasonic G1 and Nikon D700. All of them give excellent results but all are quite heavy and bulky to carry around. I was missing many shots because I did not have a camera on me when I needed. The best...
  3. petermcwerner

Pentax 110 lenses - Picture Thread

The following pictures have all been taken with a Pentax 110 18mm/2.8 lens fully open. The lens has no diaphragm and was mounted on the G1 through the Hawk adapter. All pictures hand held, uncropped, re-sized for the web and slightly sharpened. RAW files developed with RAW Therapee and resized...
  4. petermcwerner

Speed Pancro Lenses on m4/3 cameras

32mm/2.3 Cooke Speed Panchro II in Arri Standard mount on the G1 . . . . All taken at full opening - Raw Therapee + gimp
  5. petermcwerner

New Snow

Taken with a Taylor Hobson Cooke Speed Panchro II 32mm/2.3 lens that just came back from England after cleaning and servicing by a Cooke trained technician
  6. petermcwerner

Canadian lenses on 4/3rds Cameras

Zygopetalum Orchid Leitz Canada 90mm/2 Summicron R - Developed in RAW Theoree - Resized for Web in gimp Leitz Canada 250mm/4 Telyt R with Extension Ring - ISO=200 1/4s @ f/8 Developed in RAW Theoree - Resized for Web in gimp
  7. petermcwerner

A superfast Tele on the G1

Some time ago I had bought a 75mm/1.3 Kilfitt Zoomar that I had never been able to put to good use before. It comes in a Leica Screw Mount and attaches easily to the G1 via a LSM->m4/3 adapter, focusing from infinity down to approx. 30cm. It covers the whole 4/3 frame with no noticeable...
  8. petermcwerner

G1 with Chinese lenses

These pictures were made with an extremely rare Chinese HAIOU-64 58mm/2 lens. on a G1, fully open. 1/50s @ f/2. They were developed in RAW therapee and resized for web with gimp.
  9. petermcwerner

G1 with Dutch Lenses

This lens, built approx. 1941, was the standard lens of the first Alpa models, both Reflex and Rangefinder. Oncidium Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Orchids Old Delft Alfinon 50mm/2.8 on G1 - ISO=100 - Developed in RAW Therapee - Resized for Web in gimp
  10. petermcwerner

G1 with FSU lenses

Jupiter-8 - 85mm/2 - G1 - ISO=100 1/250s @ f/2.0 Developed in RAW Theoree - Resized for Web in gimp
  11. petermcwerner

G1 with Canadian Lenses

Zygopetalum Orchid Leitz Canada 90mm/2 Summicron R - ISO = 100 1/6 @ f/11 Developed in RAW Theoree - Resized for Web in gimp
  12. petermcwerner

Oly 9-18 Olympus America Factory Demos at reduced price

Cameta Camera is currently offering the 9-18 on ebay as Olympus America Factory Demos at $469.95. Might be in relation with the new 9-18 Oly m43 lens that will need no adapter announced for 2010. Seemed a good offer to me, ordered one. Cheers Peter
  13. petermcwerner

G1 with French lenses

Kinoptik Tegea 9.8mm/1.8 Kinoptik Tegea 9.8mm/1.8 SOM Berthiot 20mm/1.5 @ f/1.5 SOM Berthiot 20mm/1.5 @ f/1.5 SOM Berthiot 20mm/1.5 @ f/1.5 Encyclia brevifolia orchid - 90mm/2.5 Angenieux Alfitar on G1 - ISO=100 1/100s @ f/2.5 - RAW Theoree + gimp Angenieux 28mm/3.5...
  14. petermcwerner

Problems with Nikon, M42 and Cameflex adapters on G1

I bought these adapters from China via ebay and they do not work well. - The Nikon adapter focuses at Infinity when the lens distance scale shows 1.5 meters, making zone focusing and close focus impossible - The M42 adapter has an incomatible thread, you have to force-screw the lens in and it...
  15. petermcwerner

Petition for an R10

I have a heavy investment in R glass, including for instance the 35-70/2.8 Vario Elmarit. For the time being, and before resolving to go the Leotax path, I use the R lenses on the G1. It would not look too difficult nor extremely expensive to build (perhaps by Panasonic) a full-format G1 with...
  16. petermcwerner

Which adapter for Oly 9-18 on G1

Which to use for the Oly 9-18 on the G1? OLYMPUS MF-2 OM TO MICRO FOUR THIRDS LENS ADAPTER or the PANASONIC OFFICIAL MOUNT ADAPTER DMW-MA1 For LUMIX SYSTEM CAMERA Any experience with both of them? Thanks Peter
  17. petermcwerner

Autumn colors - Show yours

All pictures with G1 - ISO = 100 - Developed in RAW Therapee, resized with gimp Wood - Angenieux 28mm/3.5 Earth - SOM Berthiot 20mm/1.5 @ f/1.5 Vine leaves - SOM Berthiot 20mm/1.5 @ f/1.5 Mirror - Kinoptik 25mm/2 on G1 Autumn Leaves - Zeiss Flektogon 35mm/2.4 Luins...
  18. petermcwerner

20mm/1.5 c-mount SOM Berthiot

I was amazed at the sharpness and beautiful bokeh of this lens fully open. A little beauty, and it brings only 150 grams on the scale Here, the original full frame photo: Ucropped 4:3 photo with heavy vignetting 1/1600 @ 1.5 - ISO=100 - Developed in RAW Therapee Crop
  19. petermcwerner

Question on f-value vs. T-Value, luminosity, DOF

Some lenses, particularly adapted motion picture lenses, such as Speed Panchros or Kinoptik, show both the (for us) usual f-Value, as the T-Value. For instance, my 25mm Kinoptik shows an f/value of 2.0 and a T/value of 2.5. On the diaphragm setting ring, only the T-values are indicated. Same for...
  20. petermcwerner

Orchids with Angenieux 90mm/2.5 and Leitz 60mm/2.8

Encyclia brevifolia orchid from Cuba - 90mm/2.5 Angenieux Alfitar on G1 ISO=100 1/160s @ f/2.5 - RAW Theoree + gimp Encyclia brevifolia orchid from Cuba - 90mm/2.5 Angenieux Alfitar on G1 ISO=100 1/160s @ f/2.5 - RAW Theoree + gimp Cuban Encyclia brevifolia orchid - Leica Macro Elmarit...