The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. U

Hasselblad X1D

It must be difficult for a certain strata of customer to find cameras that cost enough and are stylish enough and useable enough to be viable. This new thing certainly fills another niche, I think you are right on the money. I like the layout and buttons and size : it must be good for the...
  2. U

Hasselblad X1D

Let me get this straight : the body has no shutter but the two introduced lenses have integral leaf-shutters. With the correct adapter it should theoretically operate with thrid-party lenses with integral leaf-shutters. right? Leica-S for example? It does not offer global e-shutter on the...
  3. U

PENTAX FF - Spring 2016

I disagree. They are Japanses companies with overlapping fields of interest. Ergo. Deals. Of course what I said will either appear or not and whether I'm right or not will be plain in about ... maybe four months. Why else would sony, with their new scaled-up Olympus stabilisation in their A7...
  4. U

PENTAX FF - Spring 2016

Is the K-1 the best-stabilised 35mm-sensored DSLR ? If so ... I expect Sony to honour some behind the scenes deal and give Pentax the agree time to sell before Sony brings out a similarly stabilised DSLST
  5. U

X-Pro2

I honestly thought Fuji got bored with the hybrid viewfinder thingy and the X-Pro1 was the start and the end of the line. Because of the long wait I find it completely bizarre that they bring this out with a flagship sensor... The X-Pro market within Fuji buyers has to be a minority now compared...
  6. U

"NEW" Leica lenses announced..

Got to agree with that, good for the future. Bring on the small non-rangefinder "M".
  7. U

New X70, a Ricoh GR or Coolpix A alternative

It looks good, looks "flat", maybe just a variation on the X100 but more choices are nice.
  8. U

the Olympus Epl1, slow, clusmy, klunky, old....

:cool: I only just saw this thread and that comment made me chuckle. Even now, having produced umpteen m4/3rds models from two main manufacturers, the e-pL1 is uniquely gifted and hasn't been improved upon in every area. It has the best colour (once global WB has been shifted +1 green) It has...
  9. U

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

Yup. You don't want to be strapped to the table in your dinner suit with that bad boy choosing its favourite device ...
  10. U

A7rII

I see the upcoming A7RMkII as an important development : this will be the first properly stabilised 36mpx camera with the potential to make more use of those 36mpx than any before, due to that stabilisation : and for all lenses. A7 and A7S are not so needy for stills as their mpx count is lower...
  11. U

LEICA M-P ‘CORRESPONDENT’

Sorry for the three-week delay in my answer, his one hit was called "Are you gonna go my way?" ... I think. It was good, no doubt about that. It was also singular.
  12. U

Lens mount backlash

This is wise advice and could be applied to many things. ;)
  13. U

Soon High Res Shooting without tripod

It seems a logical step to improve the 8-frame 40megapixel merge into a merge with image alignment within the camera. (1/60th or 2 seconds : irrelevant) Doesn't take too much processing and should be a doddle to actually achieve, minus the fudge with moving objects but you can't have everything.
  14. U

LEICA M-P ‘CORRESPONDENT’

Lenny Kravitz : one-hit wonder. This part of the blurb intrigues me ; In italics : do they mean they were sort of made somewhere near Germany?
  15. U

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Cheeky Mike, very cheeky. Did you lie in wait or just notice it and snap it?
  16. U

Sigma dp0

If only Sigma had made a DP0M a couple of years ago, sold a load, feeding the used market with plenty of £200 wide angle goodness. Gimme gimme. As it is, the DP1M never looked wide enough for me, and as some have pointed out, the DP-Q range isn't actually any improvement, maybe even retrograde...
  17. U

Which Camera to bring to Russia?

What? :confused: A7/NEX-something plus three adapters (M42, P-K, LTM39mm) : buy all the Russki lenses while you're there.
  18. U

The Sony A7II

Great solution! ; of course now you could nonchalantly lounge against a lamppost with a ciggy in one hand and snap whatever you want with 5-axis IBIS! FIVE axis. That's like ... more than three ... way more than three. Way better. Awesome even. I want to see some IBIS tests, I still haven't...
  19. U

4/3 Camera Suggestions

Olympus E-M10 if you can afford a new camera, but it is also not very expensive. It has excellent stabilisation, not "lesser" as JBurnett suggested, and far superior to the GX7. Lumix G5 if you are looking for a bargain, but shop around since eventually you will find a ridiculously low price to...
  20. U

Phase One A Series

I'm sure there's a gold Df, but that one's black... DPR just announced the Phase A back thingy ... I really don't see what the fuss is about. The new CMOS sensor give everything LiveView now, doesn't it? No matter what manufacturer.