The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Photoshop is killing my contrast

Hoping for some help from the experts. When I export an image to Photoshop (CS5 or CS6) from either C1 or LR3/4, the contrast of the image is radically different -- the shadows are noticeably brightened, and the midtones are decreased. The whole image looks flat. A huge and annoying...
  2. S

Rolleifix Tripod Head for Rolleiflex

Rolleifix tripod head adapter allows Rolleiflex to be tripod mounted without damage to the thin bottom plate. Cosmetically 9, with ancient box $50 includes shipping and paypal US address only
  3. S

Leica Hand Grip for M Film Cameras

Leica M Hand Grip, PN 14 405, black Fits all Leica M film cameras except M5 Like-new condition, with original box and packaging These are $125 + new $75, including shipping and paypal US addresses only
  4. S

FS:Nikon Coolscan 5000ED + SA30 Roll Adapter

For sale is my Nikon Coolscan 5000 ED 35mm film scanner. Includes: Scanner - in perfect operating order and cosmetically 9+ SA-30 Roll Adapter - an optional adapter that allows an entire roll of film to be scanned automatically MA-21 Slide film Adapter SA-21 Film Strip Adapter Nikon Scan...
  5. S

SOLD Going Analog Sale -- Canon 5DMkII, T2i, lenses FS

I will likely regret this, but I am going completely analog :eek: for the foreseeable future. I'm selling my Canon gear because it is crazy for this to go unused -- and baby needs some new film :D Items for sale: 1) Canon 5D Mark II SOLD Like new condition; 6,000 actuations; Giottos screen...
  6. S

Through the window

Driving across the Key Bridge in Baltimore, and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, with the G1 on ISO 3200 pointed through the window at a cloudless sky :bugeyes:. Just because :thumbup: The only PP is dragging the LR exposure slider all the way to the left, and blacks all the way to the right...
  7. S

FS: M6 Classic, Black

For sale is my trusty M6 Classic, black, with original box, display case, shoulder strap, and body cap. It is in excellent condition, has been well cared for, and works perfectly. All of my photos in the Leica Film forum here have been taken with this camera (but don't let that dissuade you :)...
  8. S

FS: Nikon 5000ED scanner w/film roll adapter

For sale is my Nikon Coolscan 5000ED scanner, in excellent shape (a few small dings in the plastic case, beyond that it is perfect). This scanner has been 100% reliable and produces beautiful 4000 dpi scans. Includes 3 adaptors: - SA 30 Roll Film Adaptor that feeds an entire roll of 35mm...
  9. S

Steamy Streets

all with G1 and Zeiss 50 Sonnar
  10. S

DP1 Boomerang

In a post here a few weeks ago I did a spectacular job of whining about the ergonomics of the DP1, and in the end decided to give it away to a friend (just as it was given to me by a friend...). Well, it has now boomerang-ed back to me, so instead of whining about it I am going to try to...
  11. S

FS: Leica 35mm Summarit, LNIB

35mm f/2.5 Leica Summarit, 6 bit coded for M8. Includes: - original box - soft lens case - front and rear caps - B+W UV/IR filter. The lens is very lightly used, and shows no marks, scratches, or wear of any kind. The filter has been on the lens pretty much since the day I bought it. It has...
  12. S

Trying to love the DP1

I really do want to..... More than anything it is the fit in my hand, and the handling in general that irritate me. Is there a way to modify the body to make it more ergonomic?
  13. S

SOLD :Nikon D700, grip, lenses:70-200;24-70;24-120;105macro;50mm;40mm

For sale is my like-new Nikon D700 and various lenses. They are all in perfect condition. I just don't use this gear as much as I expected to, and it is a waste to have such good stuff laying around unused. D700: Low actuations, no scratches, blemishes. Includes: original box, all...
  14. S

E3 Advice

I've convinced myself that I could really use a bomb-proof, weather-proof camera. So, I just bought one of the seemingly endless supply of "factory demo" E3's from Cameta Camera's eBay listings. I also ordered a 70-300 and a 14-54 lens. The total for everything is less than a decent Nikon...
  15. S

New DP1 - Market Shots

I just received a DP1 for the perfect price -- Free! A friend of mine got frustrated with it and gave to me. Here are some pics of a market that I frequent and photo fairly often because I love the indoor light.
  16. S

D700 Weather Resistance

The D700 is advertised as "dust and water resistant", but I am curious if anyone has experience using it in rainy conditions for extended periods? I own a D700, but honestly I like too much to potentially trash it in the rain. I can buy a friend's E3 relatively cheaply as a substitute but...
  17. S

Advice on a new Mac

Could you please sanity check my logic here (i have a tendency to out-think myself occassionally:D). I currently use a 20" iMac, "late 2006 model" that is limited to 3GB RAM. Specs: 2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo processor 2.5 GB RAM I use 2 external 1 TB WD drives - one for data, one for backup This...