The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. A

mangiare bene

From my assignment today at Ristorante Piccolo in Georgetown, D.C. Leica S2 with 120, Profoto B1 lighting.
  2. A

Barista on coffee break

I walked into my favorite coffee shop, Caffe Aficionado here in Rosslyn VA, and caught my favorite barista snoozing in the back room. Maybe it was the 160 degree warmth emanating from the dishwasher that lulled him into slumber. Time for a doubles espresso me thinks.
  3. A

iPhone shot on the Leica forum?

Well yes. but it is a photo of my S2-P with a new 30MM lens in action. I was taking a shot of a house for my son, a real estate agent here in D.C. when I thought, well why the hell not. So this posting will not be a total travesty I have also included the shot done with the S2-P.
  4. A

Sanctuary panorama

I shot this image of a synagogue sanctuary with a Canon 17MM TS-E lens. 4 images were shot using the shift function and assembled.
  5. A

Shooting macro with long lenses

I recently acquired an extension tube set and on the suggestion of another photographer, tried using it with my Canon 200MM 2.8. The attached photo was taken from a distance of about 5', using AF on a 5DIII tripod mounted. Exposure was 1/13th @ F10. No post processing except for resizing and a...
  6. A

Leica non-support system

I am a fan of the Leica camera and have been since about 1998 or so when I bought my Leica R8s. Over the past number of years I had a brief dalliance with the M9 and now I use the S2 system and the little X2. For the most part I find the cameras well built, with good ergonomics, and great glass...
  7. A

Large panorama installation

Two large panoramas, one dawn, one late afternoon, of my Washington skyline shots are being installed in a luxury apartment building in Arlington, VA. The effective size is 42 inches by 17 feet. The panoramas were taken with the S2/120MM combo and were a stitch of 7 images.
  8. A

Above Washington, Part II

Here are a few more from my aerial photo series. Shot along the Potomac and the Tidal Basin. Leica S2 w/ 120MM.
  9. A

Bird's eye view of Washington, D.C.

I had the very rare opportunity to fly over D.C. to take a series of photos. Attached are a few of my favorites. Helicopter, no door on my side, Leica S2 120MM lens, gyro stabilizer. The first image is the Air Force memorial with Crystal City and Reagan airport in the background. You'll...
  10. A

Washington D.C. project

I just realized I am entering my 4th year of this project. Now that the shutdown is over - at least until January - I can get near the monuments again. I went out before dawn this morning looking for the setting Hunter's Moon but the skies were grey. I tuned instead to the long mall view of the...
  11. A

Why write-up a 15 buck lens hood?

My reviews are on cameras, lenses, lighting and other gear that usually have a starting price of a couple of hundred dollars, but sometimes I just need a small item, usually to replace something lost or damaged. Depending on the brand of camera you own these items can run from moderately to...
  12. A

Arlington Cemetery ... Honoring a friend

My friend's father Carl served his country for 38 years and retired a Captain in the U.S. Navy. I had the honor of photographing the ceremony for his family. The funeral at Arlington Cemetery this week was blessed by perfect weather for a beautiful farewell to a true officer and a gentleman...
  13. A

Fun with the Leica X2 ... it's about time

I looked for a thread for the X2 and I didn't see one. As this is a legitimate, made in the Fatherland camera, I am shocked. Shocked! I tell you. I got mine a few weeks ago for grab shots and aside from a few quirks it doesn't disappoint. Herewith are two images of a window restorer working 27...
  14. A

Lowepro Pro Roller 100X, NIB

Now here is a great deal. Not LNIB, but brand new. This Lowepro roller was sent to me directly from Lowepro as a replacement for my old case. I have another roller so I don't really need this one as well. It has all of the important features like a laptop pocket, angled support so you can work...
  15. A

Fuji Pro X-1 and 3 lens kit

SOLD Thank you Bill.
  16. A

Fuji X 35MM 1.4 R, LNIB

This is a beautifully sharp lens, considered by many to be the best in the Fuji-X line. However, I do not use it as I also have the 18-55, which is my favorite walk-about lens. The lens is in pristine condition, purchased in December 2012 from B&H receipt included. As-new in box with all...
  17. A

Fuji X 35MM 1.4, LNIB

I made a trade recently for a Fuji Pro X1 kit with 4 lenses. I find that I am not using the wide, the Fujinon XF 35mm f/1.4 R, so I am offering it up for sale. The lens was purchased from B&H December 2012 (receipt included) and is complete with box, papers, front and rear caps, hood and hood...
  18. A

Donate $300 to Fisher House, get HP Z2100 printer

Price: $300.00 donation to Fisher House for Military Families Payment method: copy of donation to Fisher House Pick up only in Arlington VA, across from Georgetown I have had this printer for a few years. Two years ago I replaced the heads and ink carts, but haven't used it. I know one color...
  19. A

Leica S2 multi-function battery grip

I have an absolutely pristine battery grip for the Leica S2 that I have used only two or three times. Aside from the vertical release function the grip enables use of a second battery. These sell new for $1295.00. I'll sell mine for $695 net. Inquire to [email protected]
  20. A

For Canon: Tokina 12-24MM F4 DX At-Pro

In excellent condition. Includes box, caps, hood and instructions. Inquire direct to [email protected] $325 includes CONUS shipping Check, M.O. OK. Paypal add 3%