The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. F

907x 100c - Phocus Mobile 2 - Top Overlay Crops Live View on Ipad

Hi Tashat, In brief, no, I have not noticed anything abnormal with the display on the 100C back. The color doesn't exactly match the Ipad or my monitors, but I don't expect an exact match. As I am sure you know, even when color calibrating multiple devices, there is still some variation...
  2. F

stiff Cambo sliding back

Hi, For my Arca Swiss sliding back, I use "dry lube" for mountain bike chains. It's a powder, and so it doesn't attract dirt. Worked great for me, and also on Arca Swiss Cube tripod heads. John
  3. F

Thank you both for your replies! Godfrey, I did also notice that it does show the full live view in vertical orientation. But on the Ipad mini, the size of the live view is not any bigger than what is on the digital back, unfortunately. So this defeats the purpose I had in mind. I will...
  4. F

Hi, I am new to Hasselblad and Phocus, although I have a lot of experience with Phase One and Capture One. I bought a 907x 100C, and I am wirelessly tethering it to an Ipad Mini. The top portion of the live view frame has an overlay, displaying the date and battery power. But... it crops...
  5. F

The Fujinon GF Tilt Shift Lenses Are Finally Here!

Hi Corvus, Did you try to export the 3 images as separate TIFF files with LCC on each. And then use the corrected TIFF files with Panorama function in Photoshop after? If you are trying to apply LCC and Panorama at the same time in C1, possibly it is getting confused. Best, John
  6. F

Pentax 645 35mm lenses

I was reading this thread while researching Pentax lenses; great info here! For Torsten, and others wanting a good 35mm lens on full-frame sensors, you can consider the Canon 16-35mm F4L IS USM. I use it on an Arca Swiss setup, with the electronic lensboard to control the aperture. I believe...
  7. F

Just for Fun - Custom ARCA Swiss Architectural Camera

Audii-Dudii, Thanks for the kind words! I had lots of fun with this project. I also looked hard at the Toyo a number of years ago; quite a nice camera! Thanks for the info on the Contax N 17-35mm... That is very helpful to know! Now that I am trying to design a mount for the Sony (or...
  8. F

Just for Fun - Custom ARCA Swiss Architectural Camera

Hi, I’ve had an idea for a custom architectural camera brewing for some time now, and I recently managed to get version #1 done! I am pretty happy with it; that said, it is more about function than aesthetic design. But it functions well! I have an ARCA Swiss M Line camera, which I love...
  9. F

Strange moire-like pattern - assistance requested

Hi, I have infrequently experienced some odd things happening like this in Photoshop when flattening an image. In the cases where I experienced, it was a Photoshop issue rather than anything else. Some tests to try would be MERGING a couple of layers at a time, while keeping an eye on out...
  10. F

Pano Advice - Multi Row RRS or Arca Swiss?

Gentlemen, Thank you all very much for the input! I had hoped to hear from someone who had used the Arca system as well, if only to satisfy my curiosity... It is hard to imagine them under-engineering something, so I think it should be quite rigid. The smaller knobs do seem a bit "fiddly"...
  11. F

Pano Advice - Multi Row RRS or Arca Swiss?

I have been looking at two setups for creating multi-row panos with both my Mamiya DF & IQ140 as well as my Canon DSLR. The setup needs to be robust to handle the weight of the DF plus lenses, so I have been looking at the Pano Package offered by RRS as well as the Arca Swiss Monoball Pan...
  12. F

Phase One on a Speed Graphic...

Kapture Group makes a gadget which you can use to activate the digital back (so it thinks it is taking a long exposure), then you could use the focal plane shutter on the Speed to shoot, and then you deactivate the back via the Kapture Group controller. I use it often for interiors when I...
  13. F

New - Cambo Actus View Camera for Sony A7

Interesting that a helical mount "is not required." Is the focus mechanism much more fine than an Arca Swiss ML2? Foster
  14. F

Aptus 22

Sorry, forgot that another difference is that the "base" ISO on the Aptus is 25. I think it is 50 or 100 on the P25, not sure. I also like the lower ISO on the Aptus. Foster
  15. F

Aptus 22

Hi, I have this back. I bought it 6 months ago. I can't comment as to a direct comparison with the P25/P25+. However, on paper, the reason I went with the Aptus is because: 1) You can zoom to 100% on the back to check your focus. This is not possible on the P25/P25+ as the screen is not...
  16. F

Tethering with the Surface Pro 2: Enabling with the Phase IQ Series + Credo MFDBs

Forgot to mention, that when you look at the specs for the J3600 mentioned above, click on "Expansion Module" and this lists the existence of the ExpressCard 34 slot. Foster
  17. F

Tethering with the Surface Pro 2: Enabling with the Phase IQ Series + Credo MFDBs

Hi Don, My apologies, it has been a while since I looked at this. For the tablet, it does not have a built-in firewire port, but it does have an expansion card slot. This can accept a type 34 ExpressCard, and there are several cards available with firewire ports. I was incorrect when I...
  18. F

Hmmm, it's been a while since I looked at this solution. Yet, here is another product from the company which may work: Sycard Technology-CF extend 182 Low Profile CompactFlash Flexible Extender Card And this link shows their full range of products: Sycard Technology-CompactFlash Products Foster
  19. F

Hi Young'ee, I have an older Aptus back, and really like it, yet I also want and have looked for a solution to be able to connect it to a tablet in the field. I spent a lot of time searching and found next to nothing. That said, there is potentially an option or two depending on how...