The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. M

Leica S3

Is officially announced: http://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/Leica-S/Leica-S-System?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=photokina_2018&utm_content=leica Not much info yet, it's a development anouncement (availability Spring 2019). 64 Mpix.
  2. M

Solar eclipse totality, Bracketting, Sony EFCS

Hi, So like I am sure many of you, I am thinking about my solar eclipse photography plans. During totality, I would like to try to get an HDR image of the sun's corona. For that, I will have a tracking mount (EQ5), and a Canon 500mm f/4 telephoto lens (Image Stabilization Off). Behind the...
  3. M

New Batii & Loxias

It seems we will get more Zeiss goodies this year: Zeiss to Release 2 More Batis and 2 More Loxia Lenses in 2016, Report I am hoping for a 15mm f/2.8 Loxia for astro work...
  4. M

Walkabout camera

Hi ! I am debating what I should get as a walkabout camera/lens. It should be lightweight, not too bulky and have good image quality. I am currently using the Alpha 7R, plus Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 II lens with a metabones adapter. I find this combo super nice from the iQ point of view, but the...
  5. M

Hasselblad CEO interview

Hi, You've probably seen this: Interview: Hasselblad to re-visit core values and aim for a wider market, says CEO Perry Oosting: Digital Photography Review Interesting tidbits of information among a lot of CEO I-talk-a-lot-but-don't-say-much: - Bye-bye Lunar & Stellar and co. Yay ! - Core...
  6. M

Hyperfocal with tilt, on Tech cam

Hi, I would like to use more the movements on my tech cam, for the "typical" landscape shot, where you want sharpness from near to far, without closing too much the aperture to avoid diffraction. I have a few DOF calculators in my iphone, which also include tilt, so I'll experiment with that...
  7. M

30'' (-ish) monitor

Hi ! I am lusting for a larger monitor for my image processing, and 30'' looks about right. Now, I don't want to spend 3000$ on it (otherwise, I would take a NEC 4k screen), but don't want an el-cheapo model either. So what are my options ? - Perhaps an non 4k model (buying new, but a model...
  8. M

Tech cam: one year after

Hi, It has been almost a year since I got my tech cam (Arca Swiss Factum, plus 3 lenses, all Rodenstock: 32mm, 50mm, 90mm and an IQ160). All in all, I am very happy with theis system, but I thought I would summarize here what worked, what didn't, what surprised me, what I am still working on...
  9. M

A7R and ETTR

Hi ! I have been using the A7R with my Canon lenses and the metabones adapter, and I am very happy with the results. The 24-70 f/2.8 II is really nice lens on the Sony. The Autofocus is really sloooooow, BUT extremely accurate - no stinkin' micro-adjustments necessary, so I can't complain about...
  10. M

Usability improvements for IQ backs

I have been using my IQ160 on a tech cam (Arca Swiss Factum) for a few months now, and I am loving it ! There are a few (small) things I would like to see improved in the back's usability, so I thought we could try to gather here the small (and big!) improvements we would like to see for IQ...
  11. M

Perfect tech cam companion ?

Hi ! Sorry if this is slightly OT, but it does fit roughly this forum since it's about a camera to complement my tech cam rig. So here goes. I am really enjoying my Arca Swiss Factum + IQ160 + 32mm / 50mm / 90mm combo. It's a nice system to hike with, not too heavy or bulky. I'll probably grab...
  12. M

IQ160 + Hassi V + Syncing woes

Hi ! While waiting for my tech-cam to arrive, I have been playing with a Hassi 503 CX and a set of CF lenses (50mm FLE, 80mm CF, 150mm CF and lastly aquired of the bay, a 250mm CF). A pretty cheap camera & lens kit. I am using an IQ160 behind the Hassi, connected to the lens with a short sync...
  13. M

Leica takes over Sinar

Hi, Seems like there are movements on the MF / view Camera front (pun intended :-) ): https://captureintegration.com/leica-camera-ag-takes-over-sinar-photography/ What do you make of that ? Could Leica be developing a digital back to couple to their newly acquired Sinar ?
  14. M

Working without Exif

Hi, I am doing lots of nodal point panoramas, and the stitching software wants to know the focal length of the lens used. It reads it from the Exif data. This data is not present if using a tech cam. When working with a tech cam, I am wondering how you can know which lens was used with which...
  15. M

Utah state parks

Hi, I am heading to Salt Lake City at the end of the week. Now, it looks like the National parks I was planning to visit (Bryce Canyon, Zion) might be closed due to the federal government closure. So any ideas for alternatives ? State parks, other monuments not affected ? I will have a car so...