The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. edwardkaraa

FS: Carl Zeiss Tele-Tessar 85mm f/4 ZM lens with Hood

I would like to sell my Carl Zeiss Tele-Tessar 85mm f/4 ZM lens for Leica M mount, with original hood and Carl Zeiss UV filter. The lens is about 18 months old, I am the first owner. It is in mint condition and comes with box and papers. It has had the UV filter on since the first day and has...
  2. edwardkaraa

FS: Zeiss Viewfinder ZI 18mm

I am selling my Zeiss viewfinder for the ZM 18mm lens. I sold the lens already but still got the finder. I bought it new from an authorized dealer in January 2013. I basically never used it, just mounted it on my M9 to check that all is well. It is obviously in mint condition. Price is 320$...
  3. edwardkaraa

FS: Carl Zeiss C Sonnar 50mm f/1.5 ZM

Selling the Carl Zeiss C Sonnar 1.5/50 ZM with Carl Zeiss UV filter 46mm. I ordered this lens new on 26 February from Germany and had it for about 3 weeks. It is optimized for f/1.5. Still in a mint condition, together with box and papers, and the Zeiss UV filter I ordered together. I am not...
  4. edwardkaraa

To keep C Sonnar or not?

Having used the C Sonnar for a couple of weeks now, I'm still very undecided about it. My copy is optimized for wide open shooting, which means it back focuses strongly when stopped down. When shooting at infinity, I need to pull back the focusing ring by about 3 mm to get the best sharpness at...
  5. edwardkaraa

FS: Leica M 18mm Bright Line Finder Black Paint

I bought this viewfinder new in October 2012. Used it lightly on a couple of occasions. It is still looking in new condition, no signs of use. Selling for 700$ including EMS shipping and Paypal fees. Thanks!
  6. edwardkaraa

M9 intermediate ISO settings

Does anyone have any information about the intermediate ISO settings on the M9? Are they real hardware steps like in pro cameras from Canon and Nikon, or just pushed in the camera processor? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
  7. edwardkaraa

Who uses what? Half cases and handgrips

Just wondering what you guys are using. I have both, a nice Ciesta leather half case and Leica handgrip. I like the M9 with the handgrip better, but I have better grip with the half case, which is kind of funny. So I use both, depending on the day :)
  8. edwardkaraa

Low battery nagging screen

Sorry for the rookie questions, but I couldn't help but notice the frequent low battery nagging screens when the charge is below 25%. I understand the M9 will turn off automatically when the charge is too low, so I guess it is alright to keep on shooting and ignore the warnings? Nevertheless...
  9. edwardkaraa

M9 self timer

I used the self timer for the first time today to take some shots on tripod. It's really funny that it starts the count down at the slightest touch of the shutter release button, thus not allowing me to use the camera meter to adjust the exposure. The work around is, obviously, to switch to C or...
  10. edwardkaraa

M9 leatherette, durable?

I am just wondering about this, not really concerned about it, but out of scientifical curiosity :D My used M6 vulcanite covering was 26 years old when I bought it, and it was in excellent condition. How would you rate the durability of the M9 covering, especially the non vulcanite one like on...
  11. edwardkaraa

How to remove color shift and keep vignetting?

Hi All, I have been using so far the Leica lens correction in camera to remove the color shift on the ZM 18 and 25. I found the best equivalents in a list that I received from Zeiss upon request, but it is also available on the Leica user forum. Now while the profiles are successful in removing...
  12. edwardkaraa

FS: Leica SF 24D Flash

I bought this flash new from a German Leica dealer back in January 2012, but only used it at one occasion. I guess I'm not much of a flash person. It has been sitting in my dry cabinet ever since, not seeing any action. It is basically like new, mint condition. Box and whatever came in it are...
  13. edwardkaraa

FS: Voigtlander Zoomfinder 15-35 Type A

Hello, I bought this viewfinder brand new for my Zeiss Ikon film cameras a few months ago. Only used it twice and has spent the rest of the time in my dry cabinet. Selling it for lack of use. Price is 430$ including Paypal and worldwide shipping. Cheers, Edward
  14. edwardkaraa

FS: Zeiss Finder ZI for 25/28 lens

Hi Friends, I bought this viewfinder brand new a few months ago to use with my ZM 25 but rarely used it. It has been put on the camera 2-3 times only. It is practically in as new condition and the original box is still available. I will offer free shipping by registered airmail (7-10 days) and...
  15. edwardkaraa

Help with ZM WA line up please!

Hello Guys! I just got into RF with an M6, and planning to get an M9 or its successor as soon as my wallet condition allows. I will start with a ZM only line up because I really like the way they draw, and they are much cheaper too. I already ordered the Planar 50 and Tele Tessar 85, but I am...
  16. edwardkaraa

Sharpening settings for film scans

Hi Friends, Would you have any recommendations about sharpening film scans? If I understand correctly, one has to do capture sharpening and output sharpening, but I'm a bit confused about the amount. I usually tick the sharpen setting in Vuescan as capture sharpening and use some subtle USM...
  17. edwardkaraa

FS: Carl Zeiss ZS 50/1.4 and 35/2 M42 mount

Dear All, I have these 2 Carl Zeiss manual focus lenses in M42 screw mount. I bought them recently (around 6 months ago) brand new from a German supplier, and they have seen very little use. They are in mint condition. No signs of use whatsoever. Original boxes and papers are still available...
  18. edwardkaraa

Is the 24/2 that bad?

http://kurtmunger.com/24mm_wide_angle_comparisonid131.html Very strange results from an otherwise excellent reviewer. I know for a fact my lens doesn't show the blur at zones B and C as in the review.
  19. edwardkaraa

Sony 50/1.4 discontinued

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-50mm-f1-4-officially-discontinued-a-new-lens-coming-soon/ My version of this lens was made in Japan, but only chinese lenses were available recently. Hopefully we'll get a worthy replacement, G or ZA.
  20. edwardkaraa

ZA 200mm f/2.5 Tele-Sonnar

Hi Guys, Just received today the Kenko 1.4X Teleplus MC4 teleconverter which turns my ZA 135 into an 190mm f/2.5 lens. Took a few test shots from my balcony at f/2.5 and f/5.6 to see how it behaves at infinity. You can find them here. I found the lens/converter combination to be sturdy and...