The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. KiboOst

LensChanger: Set whatever lens you want in your files ...

Being both judge and judged here, yes indeed lol Won't arg for years, but last year when I needed such functionality, of course first thing I do was searching for existing solution before even think about doing my own. Tested LensTagger, and while powerfull it was not for me. And Lightroom isn't...
  2. KiboOst

Yes, but it is a lot more complex to use (indeed, never worked on my machine), and works only inside lightroom. And you must have it installed (which is not an easy process at all). LensChanger is standalone and totally portable. You can get it on an usb drive and run it once just to fix some...
  3. KiboOst

Hi, As many of us use alt lenses with our A7 series, I guess this would interest some of you : LensChanger application allow you to easily rewrite lens reported in your files. Can act on jpegs, tiffs, and raws through xmp sidecar files. Really handy with adapters not reporting exif, and mixing...
  4. KiboOst

Anyone using the Canon 16-35mm f4 IS L on the Sony A7R?

I received my 16-35 4L a few days ago, and with metabonesIII on A7R it is tack sharp across the frame till f4. An amazing lense for sure ...
  5. KiboOst

ND filter

I've lately done many long exposure shots with A7R and lee filters on Canon lenses. Work a treat ! I staked them all the time, big stopper and one 0.6 or 0.9. Result is razor sharp, and WB is a little blueish but easily corrected in raw and Lightroom. I used screw filter years ago (BW ND1000)...
  6. KiboOst

JLM L-plate for A7/R

On this last version of long grip L plate, can you open the grip batterie door when fully slided, without unscrew it ?
  7. KiboOst

Studio Tripod? Which One?

I use Gitzo GT5530S / Markins M20 for studio shoot and outdoor. Light, sturdy and stable. I have the center column which allow you to weight the tripod for more stability.
  8. KiboOst

Excellent review of the Zeiss 24-70 f4

Seems a nice lens, but so much distortion !! How does AF speed on A7R ? Is it comparable to DSLR AF speed acquisition ?
  9. KiboOst

Is anyone getting a Sony A7R for your Canon lenses?

Sincerely, I couldn't be happier than putting my Canon lenses on Sony A7R ! This sensor is just amazing, and live-view too. Just, I'm not using this gear for AF work, but on tripod ;-) I wrote an article on my finding on A7R for Canon users back in November ...
  10. KiboOst

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 and A7r series Fun with A7R and 90TSE, 135/2L and 70-200 2.8 L II
  11. KiboOst

JLM L-plate for A7/R

I'm really not fan of having to unscrew / rescrew each time to get batteries out. It may finish by ruin the tripod socket screw on the grip :/ For me such accessorie is 'fix anf forget".
  12. KiboOst

JLM L-plate for A7/R

Thanks for your time for these explainations. I always love to know and understand how things are done. Can't wait to see your design. Very good idea to match ridges also. Hope the precision tolerance on this part body to body won't be problem. But I'm sure you have the answer lol.
  13. KiboOst

JLM L-plate for A7/R

Of course yours can slide, what I want to say is you can't let it always slided for cable doors access, as it block battery door. I'm not saying this one is better, this one is badly designed etc, don't get me wrong. Just putting some ideas about designing the best one. And yes you are entirely...
  14. KiboOst

JLM L-plate for A7/R

What I think frustrating on your 'without grip' version is that you can't let it slided. I'm 90% of time on tripod with connected cables, so I would let it always slided. But due to the part under the door, I couldn't do that. I would have cut this part to use it ;-)
  15. KiboOst

JLM L-plate for A7/R

Why not use such rss design : http://thelearninglensman.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/RRS-B57-L-Plate-111910-011.jpg Just perfect handing and usability.
  16. KiboOst

JLM L-plate for A7/R

Just reading this message, and I'm desperately in need of A7R+Grip L Plate. Actually, I use A7R with metabones adapter and Canon lenses, and can't mount the vertical grip without losing ability to clamp adapter foot. (see this blog post) What I dream of is an 'always mounted' L bracket on...