The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Nikon mirrorless ?

Here's a thought, since we're in the mood to speculate: this camera looks like it might be a decently sized full-frame with a brand new mount. What if, instead of offering a new set of lenses from the ground up, Nikon were to take a leaf out of Sigma's book and offer a conversion service whereby...
  2. S

Obscene....

Not so fast, Jono. When I first saw the glow in the dark Leica I damn near kicked the cat!
  3. S

Sigma 24mm, I was kind of hoping for this

For me 20mm is a very different focal length to 24mm in how I use it and think about it. 24mm seems to be about as wide a general purpose wide angle as I'd like and 20mm is for getting closer into the detail in a more selective way. I find it hard to make 20mm work for me in general use. At the...
  4. S

I'm the same way inclined. I looked at the Sigma 35 Art very closely but decided on the 35mm f1.8g for size and weight on my D750. I also have the 50 and 85 f1.8g and I can tell you the 85 is the best of the bunch. I'm sure you'll be satisfied if you opt for it. Then again, I recently picked up...
  5. S

If you've already got a 28 then the 20 makes more sense but if you're looking for a general purpose wide angle to complement a 35 or 50 then the Sigma Art is still a compelling option in the context of what's out there. I think the superlative quality of the 35 and 50 Art has raised expectations...
  6. S

Loxia 35mm VS 16-35 at 35mm test

There's something very appealing in the overall smoothness of the Loxia rendering. In post #23 the f8 examples are both sharp, with plenty of detail but the zoom looks a little brittle in comparison. The Loxia draws beautifully to my eyes. As for the bokeh, well lets just say that having happily...
  7. S

Fun with Nikon Images

That's all very well, but her filing skills leave a lot to be desired! :D
  8. S

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Fantastic stuff, Barry and great stories. No-one does eccentric with quite the panache of the English aristocracy. Completely potty, some of them!
  9. S

Loxia 35mm VS 16-35 at 35mm test

The more I see of this Sony/Loxia match-up, the closer creeps the day I have to put my VM and ZM lenses up for sale. F2 with stabilisation on the A7II and a pleasurable (unlike Nikon's green dot) manual focusing experience is making it tough to resist.
  10. S

Limiting ISO to 800 on A7 cameras

Fair enough HiredArm. Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes it's hard to guage someone's tone from a forum post when you can't hear their voice. It's all good.
  11. S

I was just having a laugh with someone who I know shoots with a D810 and Df, hence the smiley face at the end of the brief comment. No offence meant, but you're over-reacting.
  12. S

Yeah..but is it Df clean? :)
  13. S

Sony Zeiss FE 35mm F1.4 ZA

The forum relies on you getting out there and doing the heavy lifting with all these new lenses, so's we don't have to. You can tell your wife we said so! ;)
  14. S

Sony Zeiss FE 35mm F1.4 ZA

HiredArm, I suspect that, sooner or later, you're gonna get Loxiated! :D
  15. S

Loxia 35mm

What you need is a trip to Tortola! :)
  16. S

Sigma 35 / 50 Art ... is it a must have?

Between the f1.8g primes and the Sigma Art series, you've got to wonder how many of the pro spec. f1.4 Nikkors they're selling nowadays. They've always been expensive but at current prices they're looking like a rip-off in the context of today's market. You'd expect to pay a premium for superior...
  17. S

It seems like a pretty good way to prevent highlight clipping. It's also a pretty good way of draining out some of the pleasure of being in the moment and actually shooting.
  18. S

D800 or D750 for wedding?

Hulyss, that's a shame. I've long admired your portraiture but for a moment there, in my eyes, you became a legend!!! :ROTFL:
  19. S

Yeah, but that's not you here is it? IS IT!?! :D
  20. S

:eek: Doesn't bear thinking about!!!