The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Sigma dp0

I think it depends on price and how well the lens works. If the new lens is good then this is interesting. But it does look bulky - which takes away one of the advantages of the DPMs - which is they're small and discrete for urban use - and small and light if you're carrying all three. If the...
  2. D

Shoulder Bag for three DP Merrills ?

I use a Kata Lite-441 DL. I set the compartment dividers to split it into 3 with a slight taper - the DPMs on the outside sit vertically facing out and the DPM in the middle is reversed.
  3. D

DP Merrill accessories

I've been using Photoshop Elements 12 or Microsoft ICE. PE12 won't handle 16 bit TIFFs, ICE does. DP2M and DP3M generally stitch easily with these two.
  4. D

DP Merrill accessories

This is similar to my setup. Lightweight Panoramic Set-up « The Lightweight Photographer
  5. D

DP Merrill accessories

I use Sunwayfoto L bracket to attach the camera vertically to a cheap macro rail via an arca clamp - and then mount that on a lightweight tripod. I've ben thinking of augmenting it with a rotator with clickstops to make things a bit quicker. I have the AEL button configured to lock focus and...
  6. D

Sigma DP3M

Simple answer: yes With moving subjects you have to prefocus. I carry all three DPMs as a travel kit. The DP1M and DP2M are better as general walkaround cameras in my opinion. My favourite is the DP3M but I tend to use it on static subjects and landscapes or on predictable moving subjects -...
  7. D

What next for Sigmas compact?

I'd like to see a better quality LCD which is articulated like a Sony A77. I'd like a bigger battery I'd like a remote cable release or IR remote control I'd like a DP with an 85mm F1.4 lens that had an apodisation filter. An EVF would be nice to have but an improved LCD is higher up my...
  8. D

First real review of the DPQ2

I agree. I'd also love an articulated LCD with better contrast on a DPM. An inbuilt simple optical VF would have been nice to have if no EVF available.
  9. D

First real review of the DPQ2

Depends on the tripod! I quite often find myself carrying a small CF tripod along with small shoulder bag that holds the two DPMs plus some accessories - as opposed to a full bag with a DSLR, lenses, and large tripod. It's quite liberating to go 'lite'.
  10. D

Sigma DP3M

The thread at the end of the LH3-01 hood is 62mm.