The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

RRS Base Plate for RX1R II issue

I have the RRS base plate (not the L bracket). No issues with bottom door.
  2. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) The new eastern span of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge. It is a single tower suspension, replacing the old cantilever span. This (hopefully) makes the entire bridge earthquake proof. I like how the huge cranes of the Oakland ship...
  3. D

New Sony Lenses - 50mm ƒ1.8 for $250 & 70-300mm for $1200

So now the inevitable question: The new 70-300 or the 70-200 w/1.4 tele-extender?
  4. D

RX1R II VF Question

There's nothing more to add because, sorry to say, yours is the only one I've read or heard having this issue. I've popped my EVF up countless times and it has never lost the diopter setting.
  5. D

RX1R II VF Question

I can't say this has ever happened to my camera. That diopter is REAL hard to adjust, but thankfully I've only had to set mine once.
  6. D

Fun with the RX-1R II

This from Yerba Buena Island, which abuts Treasure Island. Yerba Buena is in between the two spans of the Bay Bridge, which is actually two suspension bridges. This is the western span, facing San Francisco.
  7. D

Fun with the RX-1R II

More from Treasure Island. San Francisco and the western span of the Bay Bridge:
  8. D

Fun with the RX-1R II

View from Treasure Island, in the middle of San Francisco Bay: The resultant image:
  9. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Would that architecture be called "eclectic", or "When Centuries Collide"? :)
  10. D

NIK collection for $0

Typical Google. Buy a company with a suite of popular applications, for God knows what strategic reasons, then stop all development and offer virtually no support for users. Perhaps they are just using their muscle to eliminate a potential source of future competition. These are classic...
  11. D

The Definitive Sony B&W Images Thread

I'm taking a wild guess here, but I suspect you two have prior history.
  12. D

Rx1r2

Replacing the initial run no doubt exhausted the supply chain, and I'm sure Sony would have loved to have caught up to demand by now. This is a very expensive, niche camera assembled and checked in Japan. They can't crank them out as fast as the A7's, RX100 etc.
  13. D

Sony RX1R II vs. Sony RX1...... Round one....FIGHT!

The difference on my Retina monitor is pretty easy to see. The RX1rII image shows more DR and a bit more detail than the RX1r. I can see it without trying to enlarge the image on my monitor. No surprises really, as we should expect more DR and detail on a higher resolution sensor.
  14. D

Street (images)

15. D

Fun With Sony Cameras

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them) Congrats on your new baby! You'll have to watch "There's Something About Mary". Just don't do what they do. ;)
  16. D

Street (images)

San Francisco posted many helpful guides throughout the city to help visitors during Super Bowl Week. I guess they didn't want them to move. :)
  17. D

Rx1r2

I tried the Fotodiox (which at that point didn't fit the M2 perfectly). Having the grip on the front of the camera did little for me, in fact it made it feel a bit more clumsy. And it doesn't have a place where I would naturally put my thumb. BTW, I did a Google search and can't find anything...
  18. D

Rx1r2

The critique about the thumb grip getting in the way of important controls was totally absurd. I guess he didn't actually use one, unless he needs constant access to the playback button, which is easily accessible by flipping the lever. It's always a personal experience, but I didn't like the...
  19. D

Fun with the RX-1R II

I sincerely wonder if any other camera/lens can produce the level of presence, tonality and DR that is evident in this image. I can actually feel the light - very subtle, yet profound. Owners of this marvelous camera - do yourself a huge favor. Instead of spending $$$/€€€/£££ on a new lens...
  20. D

A7r and A7rII image quality comparison

That's pretty much it, along with the huge improvement in AF, especially in low light. The advantages of a higher res, BSI sensor are plain to see, and not always evident when testing with charts. That "slight" DR advantage becomes MUCH more evident with more pixels, especially when viewed on...