The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. V

Phase One IQ4 series. Much more than resolution.

Makes me regret not buying the last "new" Schneider 28mm XL before it went out of stock along with the center filters...
  2. V

P1 IQ4 150 Leaked Image?

I believe many have been waiting for this for a while. It's already known that there's no longer color cast in the Sony A7R-II's BSI sensor with most legacy wide angles. The IQ4 150MP would come with higher pixel density, so it's still unknown how the existing wide angles will perform on it...
  3. V

Which lenses will be up to 150Mp backs?

My 5.5" iPhone supports a function called "pinch zoom". It can take as many pixels as it can hold in RAM. 150MP is nowhere close to making it choke. 8 years ago even 1920x1200 resolution over a 24" display is regarded good ppi. Nowadays not even 4k resolution over a 24" display is regarded high...
  4. V

Struggling to decide between SK72 and 70HR

I did a comparison a while ago and decided to go for the SK75 (Alpa version of SK72). It's extremely light-weighted (yes, for hiking even 200g counts and this is what people's been taking to the summit of mount everest). That being said, the 70HR can also be a very decent choice (if you prefer...
  5. V

about to buy a iQ 180, advice needed

The IQ180 has a milestone sensor and can produce stunning images under the right conditions (mostly studio shots and short exposure landscapes). You will regret picking the IQ180 for long exposure once you compare it against a $900 Nikon D800E. My propaganda against CCD usually consists poor...
  6. V

Screw in Filter options for 23mm Digaron?

I usually keep the center filter on at all times. There are two solutions for it: a) 95mm screw-in filter like thin-mount Singh-Ray; b) Lee push-on filter holder with only one layer of slider for 100mm filter system. I get minimal vignetting with these two configurations.
  7. V

Suggestion for technical camera for architecture/long exposures

You should avoid the CCD sensors if you do long exposure. You may also want to avoid the 100MP 645 sensor for red cast in shadow if you do not want to shoot dark frame on site. If you go with the 50MP 44x33 sensor, then the Rodenstock 32mm HR perfectly fits your 24mm equivalence. If you go...
  8. V

Legacy large MF or smaller mirrorless?!?

I would suggest you wait until the announcement of IMX411 (645 150MP) and IMX461 (44x33 100MP), by which the price (new and second-hand) of the current products will drop significantly, including the IMX211 (IQ3 100MP), unless you don't mind buying into something that's gonna depreciate...
  9. V

IQ150...who is buying it now ?

You are right - it's up to the editor. As far as I'm told, leaf shutter is not a compulsory requirement for Vogue. You guys make great pictures for sure.
  10. V

Phase 1 IQ150/250/350 as Tech backs

Well, the fact is that people communicate in these forums to share experience, and in this process people in the loop always feel itchy to upgrade :grin: For how many times would I get dismissed the IQ250 is a cropped sensor and the size is too small? :scry: I still love my IQ250 and it's still...
  11. V

New Backs on Technical Cameras

You could wait for IMX411 and IMX461 which are supposed to be available in 2018. I was told by my friend in Sony's sensor department that they've sent engineering samples of both BSI and FSI versions to Phase One. He told me the BSI version may be able to help with cross-talk issues, but could...
  12. V

While I do respect these images, I don't see the need of faster shutter speeds under the sun, if it's not for fast action or wide aperture. Meanwhile, medium format is not known to be good at fast action or wide aperture. That's why I question the practical points of leaf shutter all the time...
  13. V

"Obsolete" means you can find better alternatives at cheaper prices. For example, an iPhone made in 2017 shoots better than the first digital back Nikon NASA F4, despite the latter having taken pictures beyond the reach of most photographers in the world. If you like forcing an outdoor noon...
  14. V

You don't quite get my point. I'm saying older products keep getting obsolete due to newer products perform as good or better at a cheaper price. For the first picture I don't see the need of leaf shutter, as there is no action for you to freeze outdoors, and I see no benefit of the extra flash...
  15. V

Phase 1 IQ150/250/350 as Tech backs

It's still the only back I use for my technical camera. LCC cleans up very well. Rodenstock 23HR + 44x33 is actually wider than Rodenstock 32HR + fullframe 645 sensor, while the latter combo does not work well for long exposure (filter, noise). For the reasons above, there is no better...
  16. V

Just like P25+, P45+, P65+ etc, they all phase out some day. I'd say the Nikon D850, Sony A7R-II and Canon 5DSR can make more sense in many shooting situations.
  17. V

Capture one V10.2.0 lens correction bug

Thanks - I'll hold off for some days from this version. But what exactly is the bug?
  18. V

New Phase One IQ3-100 Trichromatic and XF Feature Set # 4

Looks to me like a way to clear inventory/stock of the IMX211 near end of life cycle before the launch of IMX411 and IMX461.
  19. V

is time to buy a h6d-50c? price drop againhttps://www.dpreview.com/news/7528544484/ha

Little point to buy now. Would rather wait for IMX411 and IMX461 at this stage.
  20. V

Like to see Images shot with ISO 800/1200 on 645D

All files downloaded from imaging-resource without noise reduction. Clearly, while the 645D retains more details under lower ISO settings, the Nikon D5500 performs better for higher ISO settings. With the Nikon D5500 you also get the options to have f/1.4 lenses, which enables you to shoot at...