The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. V

Hasselblad X1D teardown - doesn't look very neat compared against Sony

It looks like the X1D has implemented many jumper wires to patch things up... I'm told that Hasselblad ran out of funds to redesign the PCB. As for comparison here are the teardown of the Sony mirrorless cameras, and I have to admit that from a prospective of amateur I definitely...
  2. V

Sony to announce new 100MP and 150MP medium format BSI sensors in 2018

Link Didn't watch the video carefully and seriously, but there are several sensor part numbers listed: IMX161: we already know that this is the 44x33 50MP one in the IQ250 IMX211: likely to be the 54x40 100MP one in the IQ3100 IMX461: likely to be a 44x33 100MP BSI? IMX411: likely to be a...
  3. V

GFX + 63mm is a tad softer than 5DSR + Otus, and a bit weaker than APSC for lowlight

iRentals.cn (the Chinese equivalence of lensrentals.com) has just tested the GFX 50S. They have found that the GFX 50S + 63mm f/2.8 combo is a tad softer than the 5DSR + Otus 55mm f/1.4 combo, when both are shot at f/5.6 with the center cropped at 100%. They also found that the dynamic...
  4. V

Technical camera obsolete? (keystone correction vs. shift)

When the IQ3 100MP was released some of us believe that with the Schneider 35mm LS blue ring we could get rid of the technical cameras and just rely on keystone correction in post processing. There are advantages of technical cameras, such like size and weight. Below shows the Schneider 35mm LS...
  5. V

IQ3 100MP long exposure issue - shadow filled with red color cast

I haven't received my IQ3 100MP yet due to the earthquake, but a friend of mine found a problem with it: If darkframe noise reduction is disabled with "Aerial Mode", the IQ3 100MP gradually fills up shadow with red color cast if the exposure time is over 2 minutes. Below is an example: IQ3...
  6. V

IQ3 100MP technical camera tests: color cast, mazing artifact, tiling issue, DR etc

I have just done some tests today at Teamwork Photo. Due to time constraints I could not perform all tests I wished. I will keep this thread updated as I dig out new findings. Any input is welcome. Lenses tested: HR ALPAGON 5.6/23 MM, LB, with center filter HR ALPAR 4.0/35 MM, LB HR ALPAGON...
  7. V

Pentax 645Z vs Alpa technical camera

Just did a brief comparison. RAW files available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p1rbfp87ipvup0d/AAA3gG-XgOJd_sNBsOyDRmS7a?dl=0 Body645ZAlpa 12 STC Wide angle28-45mm f4.540mm HR Standard prime75mm f2.875mm f5.6 Total weight3235g2525g SizeHugeCompact Tilt & ShiftNoYes L-bracketYesYes Live...
  8. V

IQ250 movement tests on the 23/32/40/70/90 - desaturation and mazing artifact

Q: Are you a pro, a dealer, or trying to sell your gear at a higher price? A: None of the above. I am a tech geek, and by being honest to reveal all drawbacks I even risk selling my gear for less should I need to sell in the future. For such reason, dealers tend to hate me. Q: Why CMOS? A...
  9. V

Test shots of the Canon TS-E 17mm f/4 L on the IQ260 and the IQ250

I know this is not new but still decide to share it. Link to download the RAW files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rcjmt8363dl9pam/AADtcefMQukDwCEe0DgPvMqfa?dl=0 (Courtesy to Linhof Studio and Teamwork) Discussion: I observe pincushion distortion in the corners, as well as field curvature beyond...
  10. V

Backlight landscape photography realized - say no to silhouette

This thread is all about pixel peeping for high contrast landscape shots. It is not about studio shots. I do not mean to bash any existing exotic gear, but I simply cannot resist how the latest technology evolves. Ansel Adams never deliberately challenged the sun. He developed the "Zone System"...
  11. V

How to adapt the Canon 17mm TS-E to the Pentax 645Z?

Can anyone point out how please? Someone just passed this image to me, and we have no idea about the source of it. Even if it requires destroying the Canon 17mm TS-E lens and losing the shift capability, it is still a huge bargain compared against the ALPA 12 FPS + IQ250/IQ150/Credo50 solution...
  12. V

What camera should I buy?

I don't know where this picture is from but you guys might have seen it many times? :D
  13. V

LCC of 23HR, 35HR and 40HR on IQ250

Courtesy to Steve at Teamwork Photo for providing the digital backs, and to Paula at Linhof Studio for providing the lenses - great dealers to offer a test drive! This test was supposed to investigate the color cast and crosstalk issues of current Rodenstock wide angle lenses on the Sony CMOS...
  14. V

IQ260 native base ISO is at 100 for normal mode, and 200 for long exposure mode

I am quite late to the digital back's party, and so this might not be a news to you guys. I am quite shocked that the native base ISO is not at 50 for nomal mode, or 140 for long exposure mode. However I am sure I am not the last to know about this, so I think it is necessary to make a post. I...