The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. G

Linotype-Hell Tango Drum Scanner blog

To summarize and share my experiences with the Linotype-Hell Tango and other scanners (Dimage 5400, Eversmart Pro II, Howtek D4000, Imacon Flextight 646) I've started a blog, it's in an early stage and my first one, so please bear with me: drumscan.blogspot.de I'll try to give regular updates...
  2. G

Howtek D4000 vertical streaking

I recently bought a Howtek D4000 drum scanner, the first scans were fine. I cleaned the drum and lens and then noticed vertical streaking. I noticed that pads on the right side of the drum were missing and I switched to the other, nearly new drum - now it runs much smoother even at higher...
  3. G

Schneider Digitar for 4x10"

Has anyone ever tried a Schneider Digitar (180/ 210mm) on a 4x10"-camera? I know, it's an entirely different experience than 8x10" - but I guess the panoramic format would be interesting and using tiny lenses with higher IQ would make the decision much easier!? According to Schneider, they...
  4. G

Ebony RW810E from Japan?

I've thought about switching from digital to the other extreme - 8x10" - for some time now. On Photokina I've handled an Ebony for the first time and I think I'm in love... :-) I've always wanted to visit Japan anyway and wonder how expensive the Ebony RW810E (yes, Ebony wood) is there...
  5. G

Noise of 6,0µm Kodak CCD (H3DII-50 & S2)

The new Hasselblad H3DII-50 uses the first entirely new Kodak full-frame-CCD-architecture since 4 years, has anybody compared noise & DR with it's predecessors (6,8µm -> H3DII-39)? It would be quite interesting to see how much has changed, especially since the Leica S2 will use the same...