The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Lucille

Sony G Master 70-200mm f/2.8

What ever happened with this lens? I haven't read a word on it, wasn't it suppose to be released by now?
  2. Lucille

a Total knee replacemtent surgery, won't stop the HepKitty.

I have such a love and passion for photography, and can be found walking in any given small New Mexico town capturing images, at any given time, I love small mirrorless but will use anything.. Here I am walking around Route 66 in Tucumcari New Mexico. Anyways, for several years I started...
  3. Lucille

Fun with the 85mm f/1.4 Sony GM....

I think I might like this lens... A7R MII, 85mmf/1.4, ISO80, 1/8000sec.
  4. Lucille

Sony RX1R II vs. Sony RX1...... Round one....FIGHT!

1st up, the Sony RX1R II: Sony RX1R II, 35mm Zeiss f/4, ISO100, 1/1000sec. 2nd up, the original cult classic: Sony RX1, 35mm f/4, ISO100, 1/2000sec
  5. Lucille

Big Sandy, the RX1R II and the Hepkitty.

I shot Big Sandy and his Fly-Rite boys last night. I took only one camera, a camera I hadn't yet tested in low light concert photography. But I was confident, as its predecessor has done me well and is very responsible for my signature look to my images. The Rx1 is magic for me, it is not just a...
  6. Lucille

the 25mm Zeiss Batis f/2 vs. the 28mm Sony f/2 - Round one......FIGHT!

Now this comparison isn't scientific by no means, maybe I will revisit this with some more controlled shots using the same body on a tripod to try and ensure the exact same angle. Rather these images are simply how I would use these lenses shooting the same scene in the real world. I did try...
  7. Lucille

GetDPI.com forums

I must say I really enjoy this forum, it is one of my favorite stops. The men and women found here are incredible. I truly enjoy chatting with you all, and reading the many fine opinions here whether I agree with them or not, you folks are exceptional. I find the talent level here...
  8. Lucille

So, what makes for a good image???

There is a recent thread here "What makes a memorable photo" and it got me thinking.... Since I am a beginner and newbie that has much to learn, I want to hear from all of you.... Teach me..... What makes a good image? This could be a interesting discussion, as we see and think so different.....
  9. Lucille

the Olympus Epl1, slow, clusmy, klunky, old....

I really like micro 4/3rd, I bought a cheap Epl1 for $100 a few years ago. This Camera is probably the worst or the bottom of the barrel when it comes to micro 4/3rds. But I don't care, I'll use it anyway. Olympus Epl1, Panny 14mm f/3.2, ISO200, 1/1600sec.
  10. Lucille

Composing a Image.

As many here know, there are rules of photography when composing a image, such as the rule of 3rds, the rule of lines, and I'm sure many more. I can honestly say I don't know much about these rules, I don't like rules and when I hear about rules my instinct is to do the opposite. I have never...
  11. Lucille

Need a new body.

I now have the Sony FE 55mm, Sony FE 35mm, Sony 16-35mm and the Mitakon 50mm f/.095. I only have the Sony A7 and the Sony A7S for these lenses... I don't like switching lenses, so I need more bodies. Sony 50mp, here I come, and Sony personally told me I will be a better photographer... 50...