The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. R

Leica S system rental in the USA

Thank you, I will. My brain is saying "Nikon Z7", but my soul is saying "pre-owned Leica S". :D
  2. R

Leica S system rental in the USA

Could y'all recommend a rental house in the USA that rents S cameras (either Typ 006 or Typ 007) along with S lenses with the central shutter (preferably the Macro-Summarit-S 120mm)? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
  3. R

S Is For Show Us Your S2 Shots

I'm currently looking for my own "enabler", Dave. ;)
  4. R

Leica S and M10 Kit

Here's wishing your studio venture much prosperity and success, Dave.
  5. R

L-Mount Alliance

I really hope that Leica and Panasonic have been working with Profoto to come out with a TTL version of the Air Remote for their flash systems.
  6. R

s007 prices??

I would imagine that this year's Photokina will be very telling regarding the future of the Leica S system. A strong showing with several announcements and it will breathe new life into this system. If we hear a deafening silence, then it will pretty much mean that Leica has decided to focus...
  7. R

Any Rolleiflex 6008AF & Hy6 users here?

Keep us posted on what you find. I would be very interested.
  8. R

Leica 30-90mm Vario-Elmar-S Review

Thank you Vieri! It was an excellent read. I really wish that Leica could make a CS version of this lens. I know it would be pretty heavy, but it would be perfect for weddings with off camera flash. Have a fantastic day! Rick
  9. R

Mr. Kaltner out...

And this is one of the things that stays in the forefront of my mind. I've already had a bride at a consultation wag her iPhone under my nose and state disdainfully, "I have 150 friends with these. I don't need you." :angry::cussing: Maybe I need to find that forest in Japan that elderly people...
  10. R

The Perfect Pair

It is such a pleasure seeing folks starting to finally receive their H6D-100c's and X1D's. Please share images from the cameras when you are able. Right now, I must live vicariously through y'all. ;)
  11. R

What the S? and why I still like it.

I agree 100%! It would be fantastic if Leica would/could adopt the Nikon iTTL flash protocol. That would fill in a lot of gaps. 😊
  12. R

Marc, Thank you very much. You have always been patient with my questions and I value your opinions greatly. I have family that I visit up in Frankenmuth. When I get up that way, I'd enjoy taking you to lunch or coffee.
  13. R

Where is the X1D ????

Thank you so very much. Hopefully, I can rent one soon to determine the shutter lag for myself. Looking at this for weddings and portraiture as well as landscapes and nature. Rick
  14. R

Where is the X1D ????

Have y'all experienced the camera getting unusually hot with use? Please share your experiences and photos when you can. Thank you very much in advance. Rick
  15. R

Well, I've loved the Leica S from afar ever since I put my eye up to the OVF of a S2 at Imaging USA many years ago. Unfortunately (or fortunately) it has just been from afar, but I am getting closer to affording and investing in a medium format system. But right now, I really would like to know...
  16. R

The new MBP, this sums it up

Well, I pulled the trigger on a new 15" MacBook Pro. Maxed out the processor and the graphics card; one TB SSD. My 2010 iMac is just tired and needs to retire. Dongles don't bother me much since even a 2015 MBP would require Thunderbolt adapters for my Firewire800 based stuff anyway. We'll see...
  17. R

The new MBP, this sums it up

May we all live long enough for this to come to fruition. :thumbup:
  18. R

The Fuji GFX

Please forgive me of my ignorance. What does an electronic shutter bring to the table? Is this helpful for flash sync? Thank you for your patience. Rick
  19. R

Hasselblad X1D

Well, after anxiously waiting for and finally watching Fuji's announcement, then gathering all of the info about their entry into medium format, Hasselblad's leaf shutter lenses still make it the most useful and desirable option for me. I was frankly shocked and disappointed that Fuji chose to...
  20. R

Hasselblad X1D

I would really like to see a lens roadmap (maybe at Photokina this year) for the X1D.