The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Photon42

Hasselblad's aversion to red dots

It annoyed me in the beginning not having any mark for aligning the lens to the body, but then I made peace with it. Most likely an aesthetics choice. For alignment, I just check that the lens contacts are in a certain position. I have no need for any additional marker.
  2. Photon42

Fun with MF images 2024

Extra points for portrait orientation 😁
  3. Photon42

Das Wesentliche … 🤑

Also happy with my M10s (RBP and M). Nothing drives me to the successor, even if it goes to 11 :LOL:
  4. Photon42

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

Portraits of course also work with a waist level camera, but it is a little different. If you have experience with it, forget my post. Else I suggest you try it out first.
  5. Photon42

It is Finally Here, 907x 100c

If you are keeping the manufacturer's boxes, did you check there ...?
  6. Photon42

Any Hasselblad users just use Phocus and nothing else?

I do use Phocus for the initial conversion and that is mostly enough, if there is nothing else required from the magic arsenal of Adobe's tool palette. If I keep the Raw file with Phocus adjustments, I also create a processed JPEG for uploads and such. Lightroom sees both files, but obviously...
  7. Photon42

GFX 100II won't trigger flash when HC lens attached

Not sure what Fuji specifies here, but it looks like the timing is completely off. There is a good chance in my eyes there is a problem in the adapter. Have you had the chance to try out a second one?
  8. Photon42

Growing concern over availability of XCD (older style) and New V lenses

Are the new XCD V-type lenses produced by Nitto as well?
  9. Photon42

Your favourite “bang for the buck” lenses

On the M: Voigtländer APO 2/50, On the XCD system: 3.2/90 - inexpensive on the secondary market and produces wonderful images and on Nikon (Z and F) I still think the 1.4/58 is inexpensive pre-owned and produces great photos.
  10. Photon42

The reason to buy a 28mm lens

In the beginning, I could not really bond with 28. But since I purchased a Leica Q in 2015 (I think), I really started liking it a lot. Great combo with a 50 or 75. On a Leica rangefinder anyways usually (with the 0.72ish finders) the widest lens to use without any helpers.
  11. Photon42

Hello from Frankfurt, Germany

Grüsse zurück auch an meine Geburtsstadt :cool:
  12. Photon42

Hasselblad lens stuck on body

http://www.stefanheymann.de/501cm/unjam.htm it is in German, but everything can be translated these days.
  13. Photon42

Fun with Nikon Images 2023

Oh noo :eek:. Just buy an old Leica S2 with the 70 or any of the adapters and a vintage lens :cool: 🙈
  14. Photon42

Fun with MF images 2023

Great catch :cool:
  15. Photon42

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

M10M
  16. Photon42

Fun with the Leica M Monochrom

M10M
  17. Photon42

Hasselblad XCD 90mm V lens is shipping

Why would that be relevant?
  18. Photon42

Favorite budget M-mount lens recs? ie < $500

I would seriously look at some Voigtländer lenses in the 35-90 range.