The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Jim Radcliffe

PENTAX FF - Spring 2016

I have pre-ordered the Pentax K1... I have not told my wife. Though I should have saved the $1800 I could not talk myself out of the Pentax K1. It has everything I have been wanting from Pentax: Full Frame, GPS, Astrotracer, swivel/articulated LCD, better resolution, higher ISO...
  2. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Fun With the XT1 and the Night Sky In Texas Another Night Under The Stars The photo below was taken on August 13 near Silverton, Texas. I was hoping for some meteors to show up from the Perseid Meteor Shower but they never made an appearance. Instead, I captured the Milky Way over this old wind...
  3. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

X-T1 visits a couple of Ghosts Here are two from Friday night... clear sky and a bright moon. The first is of an old pasenger plane that sits abandoned in a field near Paris, Texas. The only light was from the moon and a distant mercury vapor security light. The second is the only remaining...
  4. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

One more from Saturday Night... Light Painting I saw this old tree as I was packing up my gear to head home and thought I should try one more shot with a bit of light painting.. this was the last shot of the night before the 168 mile drive home.
  5. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Re: Night Moves - West Texas ISO was 1250 shutter was 20-30 seconds lens was wide open 18mm f/2.0 and of course... tripod mounted :)
  6. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Night Moves - West Texas Taken with the Fuji X-T1 and 18mm Fort Griffin, Texas State Park.. Milky Way crowning and old Oak tree. Background light is from the town of Albany, Texas about 18 miles away. Found this small pond during the day and thought I would revisit it late at night to see...
  7. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

The light is the light pollution from a town about 10 miles away... in this case it actually added to the photo. Below is a shot that I like even better. This one without the light painting and the clouds were just beginning to roll in. The stars are still visible in this one. A friend of...
  8. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

All in a night's work...er.. fun. Stringer's Oak The property on which this old, dead, Oak Tree stands is that of a Mr. Stringer. The location is about six miles from Valley Mills, Texas. I received permission to photograph it after dark on his ranch and did so on August 17, 2014 using the Fuji...
  9. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

A 100 year old bridge... While that is nothing by European standards... This bridge is over 100 years old. It's called the Carpenter's Bluff Bridge. It spans the Red River connecting Texas with Oklahoma near Denison, Texas. It has only one lane and a pedestrian walkway (which is now so rotten...
  10. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

One more Milky Way shot to share... This was probably the most colorful and possibly the best Milky Way shot from Friday night. It was taken near Mackenzie Lake 10 miles northwest of Silverton on Tule Creek, a tributary of the Prairie Dog Fork of the Red River. I set up just off the road and...
  11. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

First Milkyway shot with the X-T1 I took this Friday night near Caprock Canyon in Texas. This is my first use of the X-T1 and 18mm to shoot the Milkyway. While driving to Caprock Canyon I came across an open field with a windmill that fed a small tank for cattle... thought it might make a...
  12. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

It's been a while... I've not been out shooting since April.. it's been driving me crazy. To keep myself occupied I have been working on restoring some man cave style antiques. My latest acquisition is below.. won an auction on ebay for this old brass engineer's level. I have to clean it up...
  13. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

I would not classify this as an "attempt" as it is a beautiful B&W landscape. The tonality is there, the contrast is there, the subject is there, it drew me in and I found myself wanting to be THERE. Excellent work. I shoot 100% color but what I hang on my walls is almost always B&W by way of...
  14. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

What if there were no roads in Monument Valley? I was looking through some of the photos I took while in Monument Valley and began thinking about how it would look if there were no roads. There is a winding road that runs through the valley. It is constantly traveled by tourist in their own...
  15. Jim Radcliffe

Attn Jim: Fuji mount vs K-5IIs

I now have to amend my original comment. I still prefer the K5 IIs to the Fuji X-Pro1.. but now that I have the Fuji X-T1, I have to say that I prefer using it to the K5 IIs. It has features the Pentax will never have (as a DSLR).. the ability to see exactly how your adjustments to aperture...
  16. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

No, won't work.. this is a wallmount xfmr, low voltage halogen.. don't want to risk using a dimmer such as that for something it was not designed for. Cheap iKea lamp my son used in college... I plan on replacing it with a true desk work lamp from the 1930s or 40s. It's already out of place...
  17. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Thanks, Howard. I am finally going through old boxes of stuff I had in storage and pulling out some of the cool stuff I have collected over the years.. some of it has been in storage for over 20 years... nice to see it all again in a space (finally) just for me. The light is a cheap desktop...
  18. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

I have an eclectic collection of old stuff that strikes my fancy. When not working on the computer I work at this Oak and Maple Hamilton Drafting Table made in the 1930s. The lantern on the left is from the 1920s. The vintage Bakelite Carom Balls are from the early 1900s and there's a lot of...
  19. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Three from Memorial Day.... It was raining, muggy and I was bored so I decided to find something to shoot indoors at an antique store I visit now and then... These African masks caught my eye... Then there was this old German faucet (which I shot some time ago but in B&W) decided to shoot...
  20. Jim Radcliffe

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Sunset in the Bisti Wilderness I arrived late and did not have enough time to explore during daylight hours to find that "perfect" location. As the sun began to set I figured I might as well shoot what was before me rather than search for a better place to shoot. The bird in the hand was chosen...