The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. E

HHHR and Olympus Workspace

Just testing out HHRS for the first time on newly acquired OM1. Having read somewhere that OM Workspace (which I have just updated) does the best raw conversions my first step was to view the files there. Not only did it take ages/forever on my 2020 i7 iMac with 32GB RAM to render the files but...
  2. E

ETTR in 2023

Is this still relevant? Back in the first decade of this century, Michael Reichmann (Luminous Landscape) was an advocate but maybe the characteristics of digital sensors and the processing hardware/software have moved on.
  3. E

Leica screw mount lenses on Panasonic S1r

I wondered if using collapsible Elmar lenses (1949 50/3.5, 1958 50/2.8) on an S1R with adapter it was necessary to mount in extended position to avoid hitting the sensor?
  4. E

35mm lens for S1r

I like “vintage “ style lenses, which drew me to the idea of the Voigtlander 35/2 Ultron II M mount with an adapter ( I have a couple of screw mount Leica bodies but don’t see me getting an M Leica for the immediate future). I don’t mind manual focusing but with a dumb adapter M to L adapter ...
  5. E

Olympus EM1 Mk2 card slots

Normally, I don't do video but I'm planning to take the above on the ARC transatlantic yacht race in November and make a video record. Following a recent card glitch I now have set up so files record to both cards. I also need to get bigger cards for video so was planning to get 2 x 256GB...
  6. E

New Fujifilm X100V annoyance

Finally received my X100V and the weather resistance filter and adaptor ring kit (as it was half price if ordered with the camera). However, when the latter is fitted the lens cap just falls off as there is nothing for it to grip on. Considering the thought that has gone into creating this...
  7. E

OM-1 C-AF Tracking

The EM1 II is my "go to/travel camera, with 12-40/2.8 Pro and just recently the new 40-150/4 Pro. Generally speaking I photograph things that don't move (except leaves, trees and water)but the last couple of weeks in Antigua and Barbuda I attempted to photograph terns close up, which fly very...
  8. E

Next iMac 27" likely to be priced way above existing

Seems likely that the next large iMac will be a Pro model priced for graphics pros, i.e. people who can write down cost against tax. My late 2014 model, bought refurbished in 2016, is getting a bit slow - I have not tried a 187MP file from S1R yet but I'm expecting speed to be a bit like...
  9. E

Sigma lens correction profiles

Just ordered a Sigma 14-24/2.8 DN for my S1R. Looking through the Panasonic manual I can't find any reference to lens profiles. Wondered if anyone knew answers to following: 1. Presumably the baked in lens profile for digital correction of distortion, vignetting, coma etc is automatically...
  10. E

Impact of underuse on Epson SCP800

After having an Epson 3800 for 8 years I bought a SCP 800 back in 2016 as I couldn’t clear a clog on one channel of the 3800. In the event I’ve only used it very very occasionally since, so much so not used much of first set of replacement cartridges. Run a nozzle check periodically and...
  11. E

Newly announced Leica SL 24-70/2.8

This new lens is quite modestly priced for a Leica, certainly compared to the 24-90/2.8-4.0; could it be based on the Sigma 24-70 DN Contemporary or even the Panasonic 24-70 which it is priced quite close to. Odd move by Leica. Do SL/SL2 owners feel they have to have Leica lenses or do some mix...
  12. E

Suitable cards for Panasonic S1R

I won't be shooting sports or action and no video (well not seriously). Can I get by with SDXC cards rather than XQD or CFExpress. House moves and my boat habit are draining funds!
  13. E

Panasonic 24-105/4 vs Sigma 24-70/2.8 for S1R

Just wondering how these two compare on S1R.
  14. E

Problems with flash on EM1 mk2

This may be a case of something buried in the menus that I haven't found yet. I was trying to use the supplied mini flash (can't remember model number) to provide a bit of fill light on a face in an outdoor situation. The ambient light was fading as it was around sunset but every flash option I...
  15. E

Playback of different card slots

On EM1 mk2 if you have Slot 1 set for still and Slot 2 for video cannot for the life of find how you select slot 2 on playback
  16. E

High resolution mode on EM1 ii

I’m sure on the EM5 ii the hi res mode settings were independent of the drive settings so it was possible to set with a 2 or 12 second delay. The high res setting on the EM1 ii is in the drive settings so it seems impossible to select with self timer options. Have I missed something?
  17. E

Is the 5dsr still relevant?

In looking at options for returning to full frame as a second system, mostly for still life and pictorial work, say a body and maybe 2 lenses it’s difficult to square the cost of recent high mpx mirrorless cameras like Sony A7R4 andPanasonic S1R with limited use. It is interesting that the Canon...
  18. E

One body, one lens

My days with FF as an everyday system are long gone - I sold 5D2 and Zeiss lenses many years ago. I’m very content with M43 and specifically EM1 II for nearly everything. But I think I might get one very high resolution camera and 50mm lens mainly for still life and some landscape (possibly add...
  19. E

Glitches with EM1 mark2 controls

At a very early stage of understanding EM1 II after EM5 II. Yesterday attempting playback on rear screen (in hot sunlight) kept reverting to LV; this problem hasn't so far recurred. Second problem is getting SCP - on EM5 pressing OK once brings up SCP and manual says same for EM1 but it...
  20. E

Capabilities of Olympus Workspace on a tablet

I going to be away from my iMac for a couple of weeks so I wondered whether it is possible to import photos form EM1 Mk2 over a wifi link to Olympus Workspace, assuming OW can be installed on an Android tablet, or do you also have to install Image Share to copy images from the card? I have...