The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. P

Fun with the Leica Q

Ashwin, On the picture of a "boy with a sword" what resolution did you use? Was it a 50mm crop mode? The sword looks a bit pixelated. :)
  2. P

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Great bokeh Ashwin. I used to have this one with elmarit 28 and lux50e60 as my 5d set. I would not have sold them if it was not for Mirrorless revolution. But no regrets, maybe a little, when I see shots like yours. :)
  3. P

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Great job. I really like the 18mm for portrait work. (I think 28mm equivalent is the best for wide angle portrait work, I would not go any wider) it really shines in OOF rendering, in my opinion. But also stopped down to f5.6 I also saw some excellent landscapes shots. Seems like a winner to me.
  4. P

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

To me, it looks like, 18mm lens has OOF bokeh rendering similar to a symmetrical Double Gauss lens, which I like a lot. However, 35mm lens produces images more similar to a Sonnar type lens, which is good as well, but not what I personally prefer. Hope new 23mm will be more like 18mm.
  5. P

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Lots of great pictures in this thread, I enjoyed looking thru them. I have to say that I really like draw of 18mm lens even more so than 35mm. I know it's been said that resolution is not the greatest, but it sure has some character. I wonder how the new zoom will perform.
  6. P

Fuji XE-1 or NEX 6

To me it's Fuji XE1. Number one reason is - dedicated Exposure Compensation dial on top. I shot MF legacy lenses 95% of the time, so it's a must for me. (You can see what it is and adjust it while looking thru EVF without interruption.) also lenses with A-dial are cool and fun. Yes peaking...
  7. P

Wide angle legacy lenses

Obviously no Super Wide lenses made for 16mm or oven S16mm format (like those in C-mount etc) will give you full coverage and decent distortion. So you can do the following 2 things: 1. Shoot with very $$$ Cine 35mm lenses like 10mm or 14mm Zeiss Ultra Primes or Cooke 12mm or 14mm S4 lenses; or...
  8. P

Voigtlander 17.5mm f0.95

Yes, or Arriflex: Distagon 24/2; or Kinoptik 18/1.8; or Cooke Speed Panchro 18/2 or 25/2. All great lenses, and as a matter of fact I'd pick any of them over CV25, lets say 9 out of 10 times. (and as an extra feature they work flawlessly on NEX5n as well)
  9. P

Sony's NEX-7 specs...wow!

I agree, NEX-7 will be a super camera for Manual Focus legacy glass. EVF should be much better than already great VF2, at least that's what I think. (plus focus assist should be nice, controls and looks of the camera are much improved) Put some Leica-M or Cine-glass and you good to go, I dont...
  10. P

For you Kodak lens lovers out there

Great lens, although its not really a Kodak. This lens was fully manufactured in France by Angenieux, with Angenieux glass and even Kodak name was engraved by Angenieux. They were also shipped to USA in red Angenieux boxes, but upon receipt repackaged by Kodak in yellow Kodak boxes. These lenses...
  11. P

SLRMagic 11mm f1.4 and 12mm f1.6 lens

Not too crazy about samples. But I guess, its not terribly bad considering its a cctv lens with build it wide angle converter. (at least thats whay I think it is)
  12. P

Olympus E-P3, its official now!

I wasn't expecting much from E-P3 and their new lenses. In fact I was kind of giving up on them and even recently sold my E-P2 in favor of GH2 camera. But oh boy, did I get surprised. In my honest opinion, Olympus hit a home run with all three new bodies and both lenses. New bodies will compete...
  13. P

Pentax Q a no-go for enthusiasts

I have to say that Pentax is very smart, cause they found the way to sell bunch of junk toy lenses with a digicam. Good marketing move for them, indifferent news for majority of us.
  14. P

Expensive, heavy monster lenses!

True, I wouldn't keep them on my bed-stand as a paperweight :) Yes, you could probably buy a Ferrari for the price of those lenses in 1950, but today you'll be lucky if you trade them for one Pana 45mm :)
  15. P

Expensive, heavy monster lenses!

Agree on all accounts. I guess CP2s are not true cine like Zeiss Arri Mk1 or Super Speeds were. Did you see any official info/specs somewhere regarding older Zeiss Cine line? I have few SS and MK1 and the results from 16mm, 24mm, 50mm & 85mm are super nice in aberrations department, but I have...
  16. P

Someone finally got it right!

No, I don't. I was talking stills, since some people were talking about it. But if you talk pro-video (RED, AF100), I guess this adapter will be useful in limited circles.
  17. P

Someone finally got it right!

I'm not an expert, but I don't really see a big market for EF to µ4/3 adapter. There are so many better and lighter option that can go to µ4/3. Tons of legacy Photo glass, plus super Cine lenses. But if you really want to use modern AF glass why not use Zuiko-D? (12-60, 50, 7-14, 35-100mm are...
  18. P

Some E-5 ramblings..

E-5 seems to be very nice camera, should be good companion to Leica 25/1.4 and Oly 12-60mm (sometimes I wonder if 14-35/f2 could trully replace those two lenses) Does any one know if E-5 will still have Super Fast flash sync speeds when used with fl-50, just like E-3 had. (its not mentioned in...
  19. P

Carl Meyer (Burke & James) Videostigmat f1.0 1 1/2" (38mm)

Hi, let me drop my 2 cents, if you care. I'm not sure this lens is Bausch & Lomb. Carl Meyer had their own Serial Number (date code) system and once they put their name on the lens they stamp their number as well. Sometimes you can find the original name and numbers under the barrel hidden, but...