The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. D

Pentax 645D help needed; black frames

You started with cameras at just breaking at 5MP? What a luxury! Often those I used were around 1MP :) . I too like Will worked with the Pentax 645D and loved its CCD output (as I do from the Leica M9 CCD) and find output from CMOS just different (not better or worse) regardless of post...
  2. D

Fun with MF images 2021

I just came across this wonderful pic you took Joe. So adorably cute! I could be their twin....as at that age I too had fire red hair and a face full of freckles. In those days though I think the only pics of me were in B&W. Besides that, there wasn't a a National Redhead day back then :( ...
  3. D

Fun with MF images 2021

That is so kind of you and I couldn't agree more with your statement about missed opportunities although a few minutes prior to that Metro train (which generally stop for no one (and did for the fireworks)....a beautiful freight train with large diesel engine with double big headlights and some...
  4. D

Fun with MF images 2021

Thank you for your Kind words Tom, greatly appreciated! Would have loved you and other Getup members there to shoot with, especially with the immense talent shown by everyone here. The National firework display is something to look forward to each year (except when waiting for it in near 100...
  5. D

Fun with MF images 2021

Thanks ever so much! I felt the same way about your NYC images....my original hometown. Lovely work! Dave (D&A)
  6. D

Fun with MF images 2021

"A Capital 4th". Washington D.C. Pentax 645Z; FA 45-85mm or FA 200mm f4. Back Story: In past years, photographing the National 4th of July fireworks in Wash. D.C. , I generally picked one of four designated spots. Each offered something different in terms of the view of monuments or...
  7. D

Fun with MF images 2021

I'm in awe Ed, Simply beautiful and inspiring. Dave (D&A)
  8. D

Fun with MF images 2021

"Morning Frost". Skyline Drive, Virginia. Pentax 645Z; FA 45-85mm Dave (D&A)
  9. D

Fun with MF images 2021

"Seasonal Changes". Prince Michel Vineyard & Winery. Leon, Virginia. Pics #'s 1 & 3 Pentax 645D; FA 645 45-85mm. Pic #2 Pentax 645D; FA 645 35mm f3.5 Dave (D&A)
  10. D

Fun with MF images 2021

Joe, you did it with SL2, and with the Z7 and now with the GFX 100s. Goes to show it isn't the equipment but the talent and ability of the photographer. As usual, your bird imagery regardless of the camera system used is as spectacular as ever. Most impressive!! Dave (D&A)
  11. D

Fun with MF images 2021

Colvin Mill Run, was a water powered mill built in 1811, just outside of Washington D.C. The water wheel itself (not shown) will be depicted in a future posting along with the mill's workshops.. The land for the mill was originally owned by the first U.S. President George Washington, who had...
  12. D

Fun with Nikon Images 2021

_______________________________________________________________________________________ Thanks for all the info Darin and looking forward to your images from Meadowlark. I have an affinity for Bonsai trees and looked at your lovely image. I never knew there was a State of Va. Arboretum. I'll...
  13. D

Fun w/digital M Images 2021

The town of Middleburg Virginia is approx 40 miles/minutes west of Washington D.C., a small historic older town with many stately homes and a main street & village that's popular in the warm months with locals and tourists. It's in the middle of hunt & horse country and also popular with...
  14. D

Thank you! From the link you provided, that looks exactly what it probably is, especially that the link's image is from Florida. So many interesting species of birds in South Florida that I've never seen up north. Appreciate the info and identification! Dave (D&A)
  15. D

Hi Darin...thanks ever so much. Yes, getting down to the Tidal Basin & National Cherry Blossom Trees in Washington D.C. was a bit of a nightmare this year, with all the road closures as you mentioned due to both security as well as pandemic health concerns of possible crowd sizes. It required...
  16. D

Darin Wrote---->>>>" It's beginning to look a lot like springtime..."<<<<---- It certainly is!! Early Springtime Cherry Blossom Tree. Washington D.C. Nikon D700; Tamron 28-75mm Dave (D&A)
  17. D

Fun with MF images 2021

Joe wrote (above) >>>> "Dave, you captured a very beautiful scene. Thanks for sharing. I was born in Washington, DC and fondly remember the Tidal Basin in the spring and picnics at Hains Point. That was a long, long time ago and my memories are fading fast. Your recent photos have stimulated...
  18. D

Fun with MF images 2021

"The Generational Dance ". Tidal Basin, Washington D.C. Pentax 645Z; FA 45-85mm Dave (D&A)
  19. D

Fun with MF images 2021

Joe, when the time is right, I truly look forward to the day when you can join me anytime, but especially when the Cherry Blossoms are in bloom. At the moment, it's still slightly early, as many buds haven't fully opened. Peak to the causal eye is when the surfaces beneath the trees just begin...
  20. D

Fun with MF images 2021

"Almost Time" Tidal Basin, Washington D.C. Pentax 645D; FA 55mm f2.8 645 lens. Dave (D&A)