The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

8Go or 16 Go for a new Macbook Pro 13" ?

Hi there, I am wondering which is the best, assuming I am using Lightroom, Photoshop. I use 22, 24 and 36,4 Mpx cameras, shooting in raw. These new macbook can't have memory upgrade, so my guess is 16 Go for the future... If you have any ideas about that, tell me please. Stephane.
  2. S

SK24XL and SK47XL Apodigitar with a CFV50-C

Hi I wonder if someone has already try this combo. I'm actually using a good'ol P25+, wish I still love ; but the liveview offered by CFV 50-C and the increase of resolution are very tempting. I heard that this sensor doesn't perform very well with the Schneider, is that true ? I use my back...
  3. S

Filters for medium format system.

hello, I am actually shooting landscape with two systems : -hasselblad V with 180mm , 80mm, 50mm lenses and SWC -ALPA with schneider kreuznach 24mmXL and 47mm XL apo digitar. both with a Phase One P25+ back. I would like to buy ND filters wich will fit the two systems. One of my concern is...
  4. S

H4D40 : wake up bug....shutter is closing.

Well I am trying my brother's camera a beautifull H4D40 with very low actuations. I encounter this recurrent problem : when I wake up the camera after few seconds of inactivity , the lens shutter close ; I have to press mirror up button two times to cock the shutter again. Very strange...
  5. S

My Nikon 9000ED passed away this morning...looking for reanimator.

That's it. Yesterday I wanted to scan some beautiful 6X6 positive. I have launched Vuescan, press the power button of my Nikon coolscan, ...and then nothing. I have checked the wires and the fuse, ...nothing, no buzz, no sound. :mad: It seems tha the power supply has died. Is there a way to...
  6. S

ALPAswa : Is it worth shimming a P25+ back ?

Well I know that my "now so poor 22mp sensor" is not in the course anymore ; but I still use it with great satisfaction on the ALPA. I am using a P25+ Phase back with the ALPA 12swa and schneider glass (24 and 47 apoDigitar). The fact is I didn't shim the back because I own the simple...
  7. S

Portrait shooting with the hassy V system

I'm planning to buy a portrait lens for a hassy V system. A lot of people or pro should have the experience to answer my question : wich lens would you choose, the 150mm sonnar or 120 mm makro-planar. I already own a 180mm sonnar, wich is fabulous for landscape but really too crisp for...
  8. S

Portrait shooting with the hassy V system

I'm planning to buy a portrait lens for a hassy V system. A lot of people or pro should have the experience to answer my question : wich lens would you choose, the 150mm sonnar or 120 mm makro-planar. I already own a 160mm sonnar, wich is fabulous for landscape but really too crisp for...
  9. S

My new 111,4 Mpixels back on the ALPA is amazing !

Guess what? Sometimes I get tired of the digital back thing : carrying the batteries (4), wake up cords , LCC card, memory cards, ... And then the processing thing wich can take time for some shots. And then the problem of keeping all these files. So, I made a break and went back in time : I...
  10. S

P25+ doesnt match my lightmeter...

I found this detail by shooting. Its not a big deal because i use the lcd histogram to fine tune the exposition. But anyone has noticed this ?
  11. S

Kodachrome, Zeiss Ikon, 1950

I was searching inspiration on the Blurb website and I found that beautiful book. It contains kodachrome shot with a Zeiss Ikon in the 1950's. http://fr.blurb.com/books/1869215 beautifull colors and cinema mood !
  12. S

Poll : what kind of book do you want to do ?

Two trends have emerged from the discussion : 1) A book where each photograph has a double page, his name, as Dan has proposed. 2) A categories book, with Landscape, People, Event, Animals, ... 3) or other idea...
  13. S

Let's go for a GetDpi Leica Thread Book !

Well, as said in another thread, I have seen beautifull pictures in the Leica thread. I would like to have a book to see these pictures on paper at house, I think it's really worth. Some of you have already show some interest in this idea, so this thread is here to organize things. Wich...
  14. S

Looking for a Nikon digital body.

Yesterday a frienf let me try his D80 with my good old Micro Nikkor 105 AFD wich I used to mount on my F90. The experience was very pleasant and I want to use again this superb lens to shoot at work (tooth, orthodontics, little surgery...). My old ringflash Sunpack DX12 doesn't work anymore...
  15. S

21mm F2.8 Elmarit Asph without sun hood ??

Has Jono pointed : the cron 28 can be very effective without his huge sunhood. I was wondering if someone has try the 21mm F2.8 Elmarit Asph without his sun hood... I will give it a try tomorrow, but I am afraid it is more flare sensitive than the 28mm. Stephane.
  16. S

3 weeks in NewYork, what camera in the bag ?

That's it. We're leaving from Reunion Island for 3 weeks in NYcity. We'll be there on sunday for one week in Manhattan, and then a few day in Long Island for a Bar Mitsvah and then we are free to go back to Manhattan or visit an other place. I was thinking of the Maine, Portland Area wich in...
  17. S

New York and New England in October

Hi there, quite bored by our daily tropical sceneries, I am planning a trip in october to NY, and New England ; I would like to spend time in the Maine state for landscape (sea and forest) and typical or traditionnal architecture shots (barns, old house, streets, lighthouses,...). I have...
  18. S

Aperture 3 : slow and buggy on Mac Book Pro

Time of war : Capture One 5 special offers, LR3 and Aperture are out !!! Wich one to chose. I was really enthousiast with this Aperture 3 update ; since a while I was reading posts here about this software. As an Apple addict I was near ready to switch from Lightroom to Aperture, but my recent...
  19. S

Pierrot Men : a great Malagasy photograph.

If you travel to Madagascar, you have to visit Pierrot Men in Fianarantsoa. This guy is a real poet of his country, he's mastering BW photography. Here is a link where you can see his craft : http://www.dakotaridgegallery.com/pierrotmen/index.htm
  20. S

Noktor F0.95 to be sell in 4/3 mount...

Didn't seen no one mentionning that on the forum : Noktor is to release a 50mm F0.95 for 750 USD in 4/3 mount. http://www.noktor.com/products.php Anyone had already tried that one ? I'd love to see the Bokeh out of it...I'm just afraid that a 100mm equivalent at 0.95 will be a mess to focus...