The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. I

FS: Apple Mac Pro 6-core, 64GB RAM, 1TB SSD...

I'll be happy to take this at your $2188, Brad. I've also sent you a PM. Irenaeus
  2. I

Fun with 4/3rds cameras/ Image Thread

Such a lovely photo—thanks for sharing it. (I admit that I was surprised, though, to see that you'd use the 45-150 in making it, as I believe I had read that it was "merely" a kit lens! So was my source in eror or have you found it has a few sweet spots?) Looking forward to more, Irenaeus
  3. I

WTB: auxiliary grip for GX8

WTB:supplemental grip for Panasonic GX8 (with or without battery capability.) I've bought and sold here for years — not all that often but to much satisfaction — as Irenaeus. I have 100% feedback on eBay as Palamas and as cqiona.
  4. I

Share your Tree Photos

Hey shashin, gandolfi, scho, Darin Marcus, Alan S, pegelli and K-hawinkler. Thanks so very much for your "likes" for my recent tree-in-Montana,winter photo. since I've looked at your own wonderful images for a long, long time, "likes" from the likes of you are very encouraging! So hopefully...
  5. I

Share your Tree Photos

(Couldn't find this "Share your tree" thread last night, so I posted to the "Picture a Week" one instead. This is where it belongs though, so here it is.) We've had quite a photogenic winter in Montana this year. This scene took about 24 hours to form, with a dense morning fog that lasted...
  6. I

Black & White pics, show yours !!!

We've had quite a photogenic winter in Montana this year. This one took about 24 hours to form, with a dense morning fog that lasted all day, a ferocious all-night polar vortex and, the next morning, fresh snow! GX8, Panasonic 25/1.4. Cheers, Irenaeus
  7. I

Banksy Luncheon Special,

yours at Sotheby's while still in stock....
  8. I

Je Ne Regrette Rien

Lovely diptych, Shashin; might copies still be available and for sale? Irenaeus
  9. I

WTB: Techart Sony FE to Contax G adapter

I have four lovely Contax G lenses which I'd like to try on a Sony A7xxx or A9, if results should prove special enough to warrant the expense. I'm not all that handy anymore and I'd want a completely functional adapter, preferably in their most recent available version.
  10. I

SOLD - Capture One 10 License - never used.

Re: Capture One 10 License - never used. I'm interested, Peter, as I'm getting tired of Lightroom glitches, but what do you use for digital asset management? Irenaeus, aka Thomas Turnbull
  11. I

4/3 lenses on m4/3

No image, nothing at all, only a flat, black screen.
  12. I

4/3 lenses on m4/3

Thanks, Bart, you've nailed it. That number you gave is exactly what's on my Panasonic 14 to 50! A disappointment, and I’m not exactly sure what I'll do going forward, but for the time being, I brought three other lenses with me on this vacation: an FT Olympus 11-22mm/2.8-3.5, an FT Olympus...
  13. I

4/3 lenses on m4/3

It's been a while so I can't remember all the details, but my 4/3 Panasonic 14-50 doesn't work with the Olympus MMF-3 weather proof adapter on my new Em1mkII. Do I need a Panasonic adapter for it? (Incidentally, thanks to all who recommended this camera to use with my good 4/3 lenses—it's...
  14. I

One body, one prime -- your thoughts

Hi Godfrey, I took your suggestions, and those of everyone else who responded to my query about what current camera body to use as an additional alternative to my neat E-1, rented some bodies and settled on an EM1 - Mark II. It's very nice and I've begun working my way through its...
  15. I

A Tolkein Ent? Irenaeus
  16. I

Thank you for letting us know and much sympathy to each of you and to your families. May you be comforted in your grief and your healing process be made fruitful. Irenaeus
  17. I

Me and Fuji San...

How about a high-speed, continuous autofocus shot of a "bird in flight" with an X100T? ;) Scottish Sea Eagle, Gauntlet Birds of Prey Raptor Sanctuary, Knutsford, UK.... What a picture! I didn't know the x100t could handle that:bugeyes: Irenaeus
  18. I

Me and Fuji San...

Thank YOU—you've made ours! and welcome to the forum! Irenaeus
  19. I

Me and Fuji San...

Dear Rayyan, Life can change quickly, can't it? So sorry about your travel restrictions but very glad that you have a family to visit. My wife and I made a last minute detour on our way home a few weeks ago just in order to buy a calendar. Walking into the bookstore, my heel found an icy spot...