The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. I

WTB: auxiliary grip for GX8

WTB:supplemental grip for Panasonic GX8 (with or without battery capability.) I've bought and sold here for years — not all that often but to much satisfaction — as Irenaeus. I have 100% feedback on eBay as Palamas and as cqiona.
  2. I

Banksy Luncheon Special,

yours at Sotheby's while still in stock....
  3. I

WTB: Techart Sony FE to Contax G adapter

I have four lovely Contax G lenses which I'd like to try on a Sony A7xxx or A9, if results should prove special enough to warrant the expense. I'm not all that handy anymore and I'd want a completely functional adapter, preferably in their most recent available version.
  4. I

What are the most recent useable 4/3 camera bodies?

I have three excellent 4/3 lenses and the lovely but small sensored Olympus e1 camera body. I'm eager to find out for myself if the Kodak 5MP CCD sensor in the E1 truly has its own special character and I'll also be looking at how large a print I could make with it. IF, however, the E1 isn't...
  5. I

Is there a CF card reader for either of the iPadPros?

I'm thinking of getting one of the iPodPros for travel. I'd want to use it to backup and store my images, to display selected jpegs and, if possible, to do a minimal bit of PP on some of the RAWs. Since one of my favorite cameras uses CF cards, however, the ability to download the files on...
  6. I

Expert Shield screen protectors

My first review ~ too long overdue! In April, etrigan63 kindly offered me a pack of Expert Shield screen protectors for a Fuji X-Pro 2 which had become surplus to his needs.The only thing he wanted was a short review of the product. As I'd just purchased that very camera and wanted to keep it...
  7. I

Lightroom and Fuji jpegs

I've just bought a Fuji XPro2 and 56/1.2 APD lens. I need to see if the lens will be too demanding for my less than perfect skills and technique. My plan is just to shoot jpegs because I mainly need to see if I can focus the lens at max aperture. I believe that Lightroom can process Fuji files...
  8. I

Is it possible to replicate the look of classic Polaroids using digital?

I'm wanting to mix and match some new photos with some old. What I'm starting out with are thirty five year Polaroids, types 52, 667 and SX70, of our children when they were young. What I want to do is to display new photos of our grandchildren side by side with those of their parents. I'd print...
  9. I

FS/PRICE DROP ~ GXR body, M-mount module, 28mm module, virtually new ~ $550

PRICE DROP ~ GXR body, M-module, 28mm module, 300-500 clicks max, looks like brand new, original boxes ~ $550, with shipping within CONUS and PayPal still paid by me. Get 'em while they're hot! (They're not making them like this any more!!) ;~) Short of the M9 and newer Leica bodies...
  10. I

FOR SALE: Ricoh GXR body, 28mm AF and M-mount modules

This nearly new Ricoh GXR outfit is now for sale for $700! I bought it recently for its Leica M capability and as a backup for the GXR I already own. It's only been tested briefly for a few days to make sure everything works and to find out if I could reliably focus a Summilux with it...
  11. I

WTT: GXR BODY, 28MM MODULE AND M-MOUNT MODULE for RRS TRIPOD & HEAD

I bought this Ricoh GXR outfit for the Leica M capability and as a backup for the GXR I already own. It's basically just been used to test the concept ~ which, in the hands of others turns out fine, but which, with my own eyes, is officially and definitely a non-starter! (The problem is that...
  12. I

WTB: Mac OS 10.5 Leopard

WTB: Mac OS 10.5 Leopard Install disk, either full or upgrade from OS 10.4 Tiger. I need it to run two older pieces of software. All the best, Irenaeus
  13. I

WTB: M42 lens to M-mount adapter

I'm looking for an M42 lens to M-mount adapter for my Pentax 50/1.4 Super Takumar. I'm told that Fotodiox's Type 1 adapter will work but their Type 2 adapter won't. I'm utterly ignorant about whether other manufacturers make similar distinctions but would be happy to be instructed. Thanks for...
  14. I

The Dyslexic Camera

Any other dyslexic minds out there? Has it made a difference to your photography? It’s finally been sinking in to my own dyslexic brain that this isn’t just a problem in detail recognition and retention that needs to be overcome but an integral part of one’s being that needs to be appreciated...
  15. I

48 hour sale!

I'm away for 6 weeks on Saturday, which is why this is only a 24 hour sale. I want to extend the capabilities of my Sony a900 while I'm gone and while I can still carry the beautiful beast. I'll need to sell something in order to get the cash, though, which is why there's a sale at all! RICOH...
  16. I

FS: excellent F-Stop Guru backpack!

MY BAD, but I didn’t measure well enough when I bought this beautiful pack here on GetDPI two weeks ago! Now that I have it in hand, unfortunately, I find that I need it to be three inches longer for my particular purposes. So I need to let it go... It’s black, in perfect shape, and a versatile...
  17. I

today's total eclipse

from south central Montana with an unprepared a900 + Minolta 85/1.4 + our snowy porch's railing + Lightroom.
  18. I

which hand strap for Sony a900?

Having sold my a900 because it hurt my arms to use it, I missed it too much and have bought another. I've got a Markins arca style plate that will accept the lower half of a hand strap but am not happy with the various reviews of the few straps I've seen. Any suggestions? (My hands are fairly...
  19. I

FS/T: my x100 for cash or your a900 body

My Fuji x100 makes beautiful images, has most of the external controls I require and a fabulous hybrid OVF/EVF viewfinder ~ it just doesn't think the way I do! So, while I know I could bond with it eventually, I haven't done so yet and am checking out other options with this ad. (Another...
  20. I

Has anyone tried the Nikonos 35 with a NEX 5?

I'm interested in the idea, not only for wet conditions, but more often for windy ones in dusty or sandy environments. Simple aperture controls and clearly seen depth of field indicators would be a boon when street shooting, too. I wouldn't want to bother if the IQ stinks, though, so I'm just...