The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Panasonic Dual IS

I'm trying to decide between the Oly 45mm f1.2 and the Panasonic 42.5mm f1.2 lenses and would like to know how many stops dual IS adds with the Panasonic on the G9. I've searched, but can't find anything. I called B&H and they told me that the lens IS would add 5 stops. I don't think that is...
  2. T

Fun with the Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm f/2.8

I'm considering this lens, and Panasonic has it discounted by $300 (in the US at least). I'm just wondering if the folks that own this lens are happy with it and would purchase it again? I have the 12-35 and it's my favorite lens. Thanks, Charles
  3. T

Fun with the Fuji X ___!

Re: Fun With The Fuji X100s There is a pretty long thread on the fujix forum about slow focusing on the X100s (about the same as the X100, from the folks that have both cameras). It seems that the cameras with firmware version 1.00 are focusing fast, but the ones with firmware 1.01 are...
  4. T

Nik Software---full collection now $149

If you use the code DZISER, it will give you a 20% discount off the $149 price. I don't know how long this code is good for, but it just worked for me.
  5. T

$100 discount on Olympus 75mm lens

I received my lens today. It appears to be new and unopened and works well so far with a few test shots.
  6. T

I'll let you know, I ordered one. :)
  7. T

Cameraland has the lens for $799 on eBay They are listed as demos, but when I emailed them, they said that they had never been opened, that they had to list them that way because they were discounting them.
  8. T

OMD Spare batteries

B&H just shipped me an OMD battery this morning. Now if I just had my camera.
  9. T

Olympics & m4/3 - Any Attending with an m4/3 Camera?

Amateur Photographer Magazine has an article that says any photos taken are only for private use, and can't be posted on sites such as twitter.
  10. T

What's the story so far? OMD-EM5

It's disappointing to read about the bricked cameras from Olympus' update procedure. I'm sure it must have happened with Panasonic cameras too, but I don't remember reading about it. It makes me wonder if I should just cancel my long standing pre-order for an OMD and see what Panasonic comes...
  11. T

Now it gets exciting! 12-35mm f2.8

Pentax has really increased the price of their lenses. The 16-50 is $1499 at B&H now, and the 50-135 is $1599.
  12. T

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Carlos, did you order the body or the kit?
  13. T

iPad Apps

I just bought Notability and I ordered a Jot mini stylus. After a year, I'm finally learning how to use my ipad. :) My warranty runs out in a few days, so I think I'm going to purchase the AppleCare extended warranty. I don't usually purchase extended warranties, but I've heard that Apple...
  14. T

iPad Apps

If you use a stylus with your ipad, do you need a screen protector or are they gentle enough without one?
  15. T

How's is the IPAD useful with your camera?

I tried me 32gb card again this morning. I formatted the card, then took a few pictures and the import worked. I may have forgotten to format the card when I first used it, but now it works anyway.
  16. T

Well importing photos finally works on my ipad. Searching the Apple forums, someone recommended taking the ipad out of the case to get it to import photos. I bought a leather case for mine as soon as I bought it and have rarely taken it out, but as soon as I took it out of the case and tried...
  17. T

I got my camera connection kit and it still doesn't work with my ipad, but my neighbor just brought her ipad over and as soon as I plugged the connection kt into her ipad, it started importing the photos immediately. So at least now I know that there's probably a problem with the port on my ipad.
  18. T

I'm using Sandisk cards (ultra and extreme). I've been using 32gb cards lately, and that's what I took with me to the store that didn't work. I have another camera connection kit coming from B&H tomorrow, so I will be able to test it more this weekend, plus I have a neighbor with an ipad...
  19. T

I'm using an sd card, and I usually format them, unless I forgot on this one. I tried with other cards when I first got the ipad though. The camera is a GF1. I am using the sd connector... it has the sketch of the sd card on the connector showing the correct way to insert it. I only shoot...
  20. T

I took my ipad to the local store (it's not an official Apple Store, just sells all Apple products) today and tried one of their camera connector kits, but it still didn't work. Nothing happens when it is plugged in. I must have a defective port on my ipad.