The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. francesconyc

📷 Leica Q2, keep or sell? 📷

ok, so after keeping the camera in the box for almost 2 weeks I finally decided to test it. sure the money are good but since it's a gift i felt bad to be so materialistic. anyways. after unboxing and using it for a day just at home I have to admit that is incomparable with anything I have...
  2. francesconyc

FS: Leica Q2 Brand New, 0 shots

I got this camera as a gift for my work anniversary and I'm really indecisive if to keep it or trading it for lenses or cash. FYI I already own a Fuji GFX100 with 4 GF lenses I use primarily in the studio. I'm not a street photographer, and I see myself hardly using it other than an expensive...
  3. francesconyc

📷 Leica Q2, keep or sell? 📷

I was gifted a Leica Q2 (long story I can skip), but I already own a Fuji GFX100 with 4 GF lenses I use primarily in studio I'm not a street photographer, and I see myself hardly using it other than an expensive flex prop. I believe an iPhone and its size factor can be even better at hiding and...
  4. francesconyc

GFX100 Firmware update Version: 3.01

the 16-image DNG is still soft and I'll of artifacts. zooming a 1200% you can see there is more detail and less aromatic aberration but lots of checkered artifacts so I'm not sure if it;s even worth using it unless is for scientific reason or archiving or whatnot
  5. francesconyc

true. I remeber using the sony alpha and with 4 shots I got good results outdoor ( of course minus the problem with moving foliage etc) I'll test soon with im gonna test with still life...
  6. francesconyc

anybody tested it yet? im downloading now...
  7. francesconyc

WTB: FUJIFILM GF 250mm 🔎 🔎 🔎

I'm interested in buying this lens used but in excellent condition i lost an opportunity recently to buy one on mpb.com so let me know if you have one you want to sell via PayPal
  8. francesconyc

WTB Pentax 600m 645

I have few lenses on my radar, on of these is the medium format lens Pentax 600mm i just saw one sold for 1800 on eBay from a USA seller, and i saw an older post here for a 1400 euro I'm not in rush to get it, so i will wait until i get a decent price, as nobody rents it but i have in mind few...
  9. francesconyc

Cambo rail to Arca adapter?

well, im prototyping an adapter on my own and 3d print it in metal.... will see... there are adapter for every dovetail plates... i cant believe Cambo didn't make one... I'll keep this thread updated when i finalize my design, maybe can help someone else with a Cambo Legend or Ultima
  10. francesconyc

🤨❓Can anybody machine a Mini Salon counterweight for me?

they seem to small for my need but i found some telescope counter weights that are smaller than 2 inches with a hole in the center they could be easily piled up (the main cable goes thru them) of course this can kill some inches when you lower the arm down.... i also found a machinist near...
  11. francesconyc

haha funny but the new counterweight has both male and female... so in theory you dont need to make a new hole, you just need to put the smaller weight first, then the original weight no? are the threads different? maybe an adapter can help?
  12. francesconyc

i think it's the same 3/8 thread, in fact one user on BH mentioned he did it that way, because he had a lathe available. I will look in my area for machinist then
  13. francesconyc

in theory they should sell something like this Cambo to Arca ... maybe i can find somebody to CNC/machine it... https://www.arca-shop.de/en/tripod-heads/upgrade-conversion/8/adapter-monoballfix-classic?c=333
  14. francesconyc

Not sure if this is the right forum section but surely the members are very knowledgeable so let me try: i have a manfrotto mini salon column stand and I wish to just an extra tad of counterweight because my cambo actus XL is a little heavier by few pounds. I can live with it with no problem...
  15. francesconyc

All my Arca clamps bot original Cube and D4 and chinese heads all have “wide” clamp... damn it’s just 10mm too wide otherwise i believe it would work ... have you ever stumbled upon narrower clamps?
  16. francesconyc

I mean the original Cambo cameras. The actus mini luckily has arca. Not the XL or other older 8x10 etc
  17. francesconyc

Is worth upgrading to Rodenstock HR lenses?

all great points... in fact, I was very interested in the 90 or even the 105 HR with helicoid made for Cambo, but which seem too expensive for now