The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. T

Using Leica R lenses on the Sony NEX 5

I'm using their R-NEX adapter, but wasn't aware of a collar. Totally pleased with the adapter, I will check that out.
  2. T

Using Leica R lenses on the Sony NEX 5

Indeed, but I for one am really pleased with the way the unit handles, supporting it with the left hand holding the lens, and the right hand effortlessly controlling the camera. It's still a light weight package unless of course it's a fast long tele. Just doesn't fit in a coat pocket, but I've...
  3. T

Summilux 80/1.4 focusing ring too tight?

My 80's focus ring is about as tight as my 60's and 180/2.8 v2 non-APO's. My 35/2 v2 focuses smoother than all of them. I think they all feel right for their respective size and weight; never really reflected much over focus ring tightness before so it clearly hasn't been an issue at all for me...
  4. T

NEX Firmware Updates

Composing colors, really happy with "vivid" and white peaking on NEX-5. What a terrificious firmware update. Not to go overboard or nuffin but it's definitely gonna save lives.
  5. T

From M9 to DSLR: Which one to buy?

The NEX's are having a pretty interesting firmware update the 20th this month: focusing manual lenses, the in-focus areas light up in red on the screen.
  6. T

why is the 50mm so perfect on M9?

If I'm not mistaken, Leica's (M and R) 50mm's commonly have an actual focal length of around 52mm. Don't know about other manufacturer's M-mount 50mm's.
  7. T

FS (EU) Panasonic Leica D Summilux 25/1.4

That would have been pretty cool, Sean! Pending full payment this one is going to the UK. In 10 years, whether 4/3 or even micro 4/4 is still around or not, some peoploids will probably still be finding ways to use their PL25. Thomas
  8. T

Deposit received. Pending full payment within 30 days, the PL25 with accessories as listed above are now considered sold. Thanks
  9. T

My new NEX-5 EVF...

Got a "premium" clearviewer today. Good stuff and it's gonna get a lot of use, with or without shade thing. Asked them (him) a couple of questions and hours later received a long multi-paragraph well written informative reply; yet it's obviously not just some stock email. Really pleased...
  10. T

PM replied to. Reserved pending deposit.
  11. T

My new NEX-5 EVF...

+1 Where's the facebook group for this?
  12. T

Hi, Packaged with: Like new black DMW-MA1 Like new B+W MRC UVa (62mm) Third party smaller sized black metal hood Vivitar metal cap which fits that hood -- €800 shipped and paypal'd. Sweden/EU/WW. If in doubt regarding the price, please check your currency converter and consider import tax and...
  13. T

Manual 35mm lens for NEX - help me choose!

I find focusing the 35-R v2 at f2 on the NEX-5 a smooth affair. With OK eyesight and minimal practice, you'll probably find that nailing focus or quite close to it in an instant or two (without zooming the screen) is quite manageable.
  14. T

A list of lenses that have been tested on the NEX--good and bad!

Leica-R 35/2 v2; 60/2.8, 80/1.4; 180/2.8 v2 I have been using these a week now on Novoflex adapter - NEX-5 and I'm happy with the whole bag. The 60 will usually stay home but at the cost/quality ratio I'm hanging on to it for the odd macro and the prospect of bolting it as my walkabout if and...
  15. T

NEX5 + Leica lenses for video recording

The EVF for Oly EP2 is very nice. Clear, bright, tiltable and high resolution. I had the kit for a week but sold it because I much preferred the handling of my GF1. Which I'm now abandoning for the NEX-5. I haven't shot video on either but I find its RAW output very good, and handling while not...
  16. T

I'm making a complete switch to NEX/Leica-R. This is my only remaining lens from the GF1 system I'm switching from. If not for this lens the switch from mFT would have been easier. I bought this lens from Jonas less than two months ago and it's only been used indoors. I can safely say it's...
  17. T

NEX firmware 03

In case they're still listening, I'm happily submitting my personal specific wishes for either a firmware update or new NEX model: 2) Make good use of the black strip on the screen real estate: implement a user option to drop the which button does what text. It takes the average non-engineer...
  18. T

E-P1 aspect ratios

Thanks for the info, kai. Well, just kill me. Apparently I'm now one of those fools with a bank account. It would be a significantly, terrifishootally, magnifolia useful feature; one I've missed with the GF1. I was already about to cuss the E-P2's P&S interface and ergonomics, not least for...
  19. T

E-P1 aspect ratios

I just got an E-P2 and first test shot was to see whether a 3:2 composed RAW would open as a 4:3 in Lightroom 3, which it didn't. Is OM2 the only RAW converter for composing 3:2 and open the full 4:3?