The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. ShaunQ

Capture One Update Process? Muffed.

Just had a read through the release notes going back to the current version I've been running, other than "bug fixes" and camera/lens support, there doesn't seem to be anything that would benefit me by updating, other than newer MacOS support. I'm currently running C1 15.0.0 on MacOS Sonoma, on...
  2. ShaunQ

Thanks Anwarp, I’ll have a look into it today, mostly whether I will get any benefit out of updating in the first place. Pretty annoying to have to manually update and re activate an app just for an update, poor programming effort on C1’s behalf I feel.
  3. ShaunQ

Been a long time since I updated my Capture One, and although I don't really need to I thought I'd give it a go recently. Seems when you update you have to download and install an entirely new and fresh app, which doesn't include all my existing catalogues/settings etc. I'm using the Phase One...
  4. ShaunQ

www.Phase One site still down?

Thanks Ray, I created a new account and once signed into that it picked up on my registered gear and I was able to register the new lens.
  5. ShaunQ

www.Phase One site still down?

Getting the same issue today trying to login to Phase One to register a new lens, "we can't seem to find your account" is the error message I get. I setup an account when I first bought my Phase system and registered everything, anyone else still having issues trying to login? .
  6. ShaunQ

WTB - SK 150mm 3.5 Blue Ring Lens.

Hey, recently dropped my silver ring 150mm f3.5 LS lens, very sad day as it was a good copy and one of only 2 lenses I own for my XF system. So looking to purchase a second hand Schneider Krueznach blue ring version of the 150mm 3.5 leaf shutter lens, any offers out there? Cheers. .
  7. ShaunQ

Digital back comparison

No offense to the Australian P1 dealer but he tried to talk me into an IQ3100 at the time, all I knew is that I wanted the best image rendering and didn't care for the bells and whistles. I ended up with a beautifully low count IQ360 and couldn't be happier, stunning files when shot at base ISO...
  8. ShaunQ

Tethered shooting in the field

Thanks it took a lot of searching before finding it, my main problem being I wanted to keep the 3/8" thread size as I've kept that universal throughout all my gear. There were a few other options out there but most would need modification/drilling to meet my 3/8" needs. Some notes on the leg...
  9. ShaunQ

Tethered shooting in the field

My solution for an iPad Mini, I wanted to keep it as minimal and strong as possible so have one of these permanently mounted on the leg... Threaded Leg Collar by RRS Then I have a small but good quality ballhead and an iPad mount made by Proper, with a small arca plate attached. The main...
  10. ShaunQ

Behind the scenes

Also came close to ending tits up shooting this one, pouring down with rain glad I had a spare jacket to cover the camera and the Ortleib Atrack to keep everything dry during the trek in and out. .
  11. ShaunQ

Behind the scenes

A few BTS from a recent trip to New Zealand from Australia, got stuck there 4 months, never a bad thing! Hard not to shoot panoramics everywhere you go. Haven't had time to process pics yet, but stitched this one up, Lindis Pass in August... .
  12. ShaunQ

Today is the day ... Capture One 22 !!!

Have also had trouble with the pano feature, but here it is outputting the stitched dng in place below the source images, all good, however the image has a horrible cyan/blue cast. Not sure but perhaps the dng file needs to be opened with other software where it won't have the colour cast? I do...
  13. ShaunQ

Managed to activate C1 22 by manually activating :) Logged into my Capture One profile instead of Phase One which still wasn't working this morning, found my previous license key, then started C1 22 and activated manually using the QR code and my iPhone. Glad that worked out, now to start...
  14. ShaunQ

Anyone else having trouble logging in to their Phase One profile account to obtain a license key for Capture One? Hoping they haven't ditched Phase One DB users :( Can't login to the Phase One website using my confirmed details to obtain a new license key for 22.
  15. ShaunQ

How about some portraits

Spent a week way out west with a good friend who has a small lease in the middle of nowhere to mine for opals, portrait shot with the XF/360/80SK and a Profoto B10 Plus. .
  16. ShaunQ

Is there a way to use PS Layer Blending when using PS to compile a time lapse video?

Im away from home for a week or so do dont have photoshop handy, but you coukd look into the "animate" option within ps. I used to use it years ago to create gifs, but pretty sure you could export to a video format. With the animate feature you use layers for separate elements of the animation...
  17. ShaunQ

Is there a way to use PS Layer Blending when using PS to compile a time lapse video?

When you say "file of files" do you mean a single file opened with sequential files opened as layers on top of that file? So you do this from image 1-100, flatten as an animation, then open image 101 and open sequential files to 200? Are you adding files to files as layers? Doesn't seem to be...
  18. ShaunQ

Can you wirelessly trigger IQ4

Hhmmm interesting, I was very sceptical about spending a small fortune on the Profoto air remote ttl for my Canon as I only really wanted it to chimp and shoot test shots to dial in lighting before moving onto shooting final images with the XF. One thing that helped me make the purchase was the...
  19. ShaunQ

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

Has been a weird weather year, winter usually dry and sunny here in North Queensland but we've seen intermittent showers throughout and more recently a hellish 6 weeks of strong wind, not much fun for a fly fisherman :( Fortunately we have a huge mud/mangrove/creek system which provides shelter...
  20. ShaunQ

Fun with MF images - ARCHIVED - FOR VIEWING ONLY

I asked my neighbour if he had a monstera plant a few months ago, years ago they had one but it grew out of control so they chopped it out. Roll on a few weeks and I was home for my week off and I hear a thud on the ground whilst inside, he'd made a cutting from a friends place and threw it over...