The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. S

Xpan II, 45mm lens, hood and boxes.

I am selling my very clean, lightly used Xpan II and 45mm lens. I have not used it for awhile, but it has always been excellent for me. While I have enjoyed the camera, I have never used it as much as I should, as I mostly stuck with Leicas for 35mm and with a Mamiya 7II for medium format. The...
  2. S

Black Leica M9, boxed, extra battery, Luigi Case and Strap, RRS grip system

Hello all. The time has finally come for me to part with my beloved M9. I have mostly returned to film use, and the S handles all my digital needs. The M9 itself has been used in the half case for nearly all its use, except when used on the tripod with the RRS system (I did not photograph it...
  3. S

Zero refractive index meta-materials? Do they affect lens development?

I was just reading this article about new materials and how they might revolutionize computing, but it struck me that if it is a material that has no refractive index, it would also have the potential to revolutionize lens design. Of course, I have no idea what I am talking about, but perhaps...
  4. S

FS: Hasselblad Super wide C

I have a Hasselblad Super Wide C in user condition for sale. Included are the caps and finder, but not an A12 back. The camera is in good working condition, but has brassing (chroming?) around the focus knob and other often handled parts of the camera. The lens is clean and clear, but there is...
  5. S

Sony A7s video at night...

So, we had a pretty big aurora the other day, so I used it as a chance to try out the A7s's video at night. I am very much a novice when it comes to video, so please ignore the poor editing and all else. I did not use any picture profiles or do any grading. This is just out of the camera. I...
  6. S

nevermind

Sorry, this thread should not exist. Mods can delete!
  7. S

If you are in Iceland tomorrow, I have a show opening at the National Museum...

I wanted to post this here, since I know some people here might be interested. I am showing a few images from my streetlight series in a small solo show at the National Museum of Iceland. The opening is tomorrow, the 14th at 3pm. The show will be open until the end of the year. I am also going...
  8. S

Lightroom on New Mac Pro vs MBP or Maxed out Mini

I was just wondering if anyone had any insights regarding the performance of Lightroom on the new Mac Pro, versus a Macbook Pro or a maxed out Mini. Apparently, the Mini is also about to be updated... The reason I ask is that I am currently using a six year old Mac Pro and it is still working...
  9. S

New 45mm S vs 30-90 zoom? Any thoughts?

I know the 45mm lens was just announced, but I am a bit underwhelmed so far. It seems rather large and slow compared to what I had hoped for. There is no MTF data yet for the 45mm, but I am wondering what is the rationale behind this lens...it is not particularly fast (I know a lot of people who...
  10. S

What are the prospects for an RX1 type camera with a viewfinder?

I am just curious if some of the people who are a bit more plugged into what is going on in the pro compact world could let me know if they expect a full-frame, viewfinder compact anytime soon. Basically, an X100S with a full frame and 35/2 or faster, or an RX1 with a built in viewfinder...
  11. S

Is FlexColor ok in Mountain Lion? Any other issues in upgrading from Snow Leopard?

Hello, I am running a Mac Pro with Snow Leopard as my work computer. I run a small lab and use an X5 scanner an a 9900 printer. Everything is currently working fine, but I am thinking it might be a good time for me to upgrade my OS. I am happy with Snow Leopard, but I use Mountain Lion on my...
  12. S

IC: 250mm CF Superachromat

I have a photographer friend who is looking to sell his 250mm Superachromat. It is a CF version in great condition. It has been used, so there is the typical wear on the hood bayonet, and there could be some superficial marks in other areas, but the glass is great and overall it is very gently...
  13. S

FS: 35mm Summilux ASPH 6 Bit (non FLE)

I found a very good deal on a 35mm Summilux FLE here in Iceland, so I decided to sell my beloved 35mm Summilux ASPH. It was my most used Leica lens, though this is my second copy (my father stole the first one from me!). The lens is in really excellent shape -- it does not look like it has been...
  14. S

Some S2 night/aurora shots

We had quite a strong aurora here last night, but it was already too late for me to get out of town away from the city lights. It was so strong that it was easily visible in town, which is quite unusual, so I walked down to the harbor area and took some shots. I sold a ton of gear this summer...
  15. S

FS: Leica R9 and Motor Drive

I have sold off my R lenses, but I still have the R9 and Motor Drive available if anyone wants it. It is in fantastic condition, and is one of the best 35mm SLR's ever made. I will include 3 focusing screens and whatever miscellaneous Leica R stuff I have left. This is one of the best 35mm film...
  16. S

FS: Nikon D3, less than 13,000 actuations

Up for sale is a fantastic D3, with less than 13,000 actuations. It is a USA model that I bought new from Calumet. It comes with an extra battery, a generic remote release, dedicated RRS plate, an eyecup, a DK-17M magnifier, the original boxes, charger and whatever else I can find for it. It is...
  17. S

FS: 28mm Elmarit V3

Up for sale is my father's 28mm f/2.8 Elmarit version three. He bought it new back in the mid to late 80s. I am selling it (with his blessing!) to raise some funds for another camera. This is an extremely good lens. I also have the 28mm Summicron, and the only difference I can tell is the...
  18. S

FS: Black Contax 45mm f/2 planar with free G1 body

I have a black 45mm f/2 planar in superb condition -- very clean, hardly any marks or signs of use. The glass is perfect and clear. This lens is great on adapters such as a nex, micro 4/3rds, or even Leica M (see Japan Exposures: http://www.japanexposures.com/services/#lens). Not pictured, but...
  19. S

FS: 2 M3's (one black), 50/2 Collapsible and Leica CL with 40mm

Next up on the sale list are two M3's, a matching lens, and a Leica CL set. The Silver M3 is a double stroke model from 1954 or 1955, and I am asking for 950 USD for it. It is got some scuff marks, and a little bit of balsalm separation in the viewfinder, but overall it is in nice shape and is...
  20. S

FS: 35mm Summarit M LNIB

I have a 35mm summarit that I bought thinking I would use as a compact alternative to my 35/1.4 ASPH -- well, I am not using it enough and it is time to sell it to raise some cash! It is in essentially new condition, complete with box and pouch. I am asking 1300 dollars plus shipping and paypal...