The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. Maggie O

WOW! I'm in the local paper!

And I didn't break any laws! :D My first solo show got reviewed in Lincoln's Sunday newspaper: L. Kent Wolgamott: Maggie Osterberg's photos go from online to Art & Soul
  2. Maggie O

My M8 goes to Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo

The M8, the CV Nokton Classic 35/1.4 and I went to Omaha's zoo on Wednesday. The day was notable, in part, because it was the first public display of the zoo's 2-month-old Siberian Tiger cub, unofficially named "Anya." Meeting The Tapir, August, 2010 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr LOL...
  3. Maggie O

Musical instruments and those who play them!

I love guitars and other music tools as much as I love cameras and lenses and I like making photos of instruments almost as much as I like playing them. So, since I just got a very sweet Bowery Pine Telecaster from Carmine Street Guitars (in NYC!) and took some shots of it, I thought I'd start...
  4. Maggie O

Small Bathroom Rodinal Darkroom Checklist

I'm finally taking the plunge again and am getting ready to develop my own film in my wee, but light-tight bathroom. I've got some Rodinal, some Kodak stop-bath, some Illford Rapid Fixer and some Photo-Flo. I've got a stainless developing tank and two reels. What I don't have is, well, anything...
  5. Maggie O

Thunderstorm!

June 4th Thunderstorm (a Flickr set) More in the set I linked.
  6. Maggie O

Are photographers really a threat?

Are photographers really a threat? At last, someone talking sense about our paranoid society!
  7. Maggie O

The NEbraska WAY

There's only one way around here, the Nebraska way: Lincoln, NE, May, 2008.
  8. Maggie O

Removing Parisian Graffiti At The Pompidou Centre by...

We have: Removing Parisian Graffiti At The Pompidou Centre by Maggie Osterberg and... Removing Parisian Graffiti by Walker Evans (viewed at the Pompidou Centre) It amused me that I made a photo so similar to one I was about to see.
  9. Maggie O

SDHC for M8?

I was wondering if there were any 4GB cards that will work with the M8? I've got a 2GB SanDisk eXtreme III in my camera now and was wondering if the 4GB version of that card would work. Or, are we limited to 2GB cards?
  10. Maggie O

21/4P Color-Skopar For Sale

May as well be new, Voigtländer 21mm f4.0 P Color-Skopar (Leica M Mount) lens for sale. This lens is as-new- I put it on my camera once, took ten or so shots in my studio, photographed it on my M8 and then returned it to its box and original packing. (I decided to go with the LTM version and...
  11. Maggie O

Child's Grave, Cemetery Outside Sprague NE, March, 2008

Child's Grave, Cemetery Outside Sprague NE, March, 2008 CV 15/4.5 Super-Wide Heliar.
  12. Maggie O

A Fast 28mm?

OK, so I pretty much adore my CV 28/3.5 lens, but I'd like something a bit faster. I've read Sean's review (long ago) and, truth be told, I kind of got bogged down in the stuff that had to do with using lenses uncoded and unfiltered. The 28mm Summicron would be great, except it costs more...
  13. Maggie O

I Hate ______

Sometimes, working with computers drives us to fits. I figured an all-purpose tech rant thread might be a good thing. My current rant: I HATE THAT CAPTURE ONE LE CRASHES EVERY TIME I CHANGE DIRECTORIES!!! This seems to be a compatibility problem with Leopard, as I never had any problems with...
  14. Maggie O

Photography, Art and Writing (a thinking thread)

I figured we could use a general art and philosophy of art thread. I found a great quote and needed a good place to post it, so I made this thread. What's the quote? Here: "The most useful criticism in any art is new work done with the same tools." (John Szarkowski) I've found that much of...
  15. Maggie O

Voigtländer Nokton Classic 35/1.4

I've made a photoset of the first pix with this lens: Voigtländer Nokton Classic 35/1.4 Thoughts?
  16. Maggie O

Gloves, February, 2008

For some reason, this photo really grabbed me, so to speak.
  17. Maggie O

DMZ

Negotiations? D-Lux 3, manually focused, PP in Photoshop, from the in-camera .JPG. Scooter want!
  18. Maggie O

U-2 (and other aerial delights)

U-2, SAC Museum, February, 2008 CV 15mm Heliar on the M8. Thanks, Jack! More can be seen in this set I loves me some aerospacecraft. :thumbs:
  19. Maggie O

D-Lux 3 goes shopping

Misfit, February, 2008
  20. Maggie O

Even More M8 Fun [POST YER PIX!]

Let's see some M8 photos, shall we?