The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. pellicle

GF1 - video question

Hi Just wondering is there any difference between putting the camera in video P on the dial and pressing the shutter release VS pressing the red button from anywhere? Seems quite different to my GH1 Thanks
  2. pellicle

GF1 vs GF2 opinion as a used camera

Hi currently considering buying a GF to do a few things and have soldiered on (happily) with my GH1 for some time now. My tendency is to go for the GF1 but as its still dearer on the used market the GF2 makes me wonder if I should just save the money. The issues I have against the GF2 are: *...
  3. pellicle

a weather sealed m43 body

Hi I see that Olympus has released a weather sealed lens: http://www.dpreview.com/news/2011/12/14/olympus1250EZ which looks quite desirable (taking into account some of the negatives) and reasonably priced. But it occurs to me that (unless I've missed it) there is not a compatible body which...
  4. pellicle

one step closer to buying into ultra wide on 4/3

Hi for some time I've hesitated on re-purchasing a lens like the Olympus 9-18mm zoom (which I sold back in 2009). My reason for hesitation was that I happen to own a OM 21mm f.35 which is a lovely compact lens (in contrast to the 9-18 on the m4/3 which is quite the lump). So this weekend I...
  5. pellicle

GH1, 14-45 and AF during video

Hi for some reason I was under the impression that the 14-45 did not do AF during video on the GH1. When I sold my G1 body to buy a GH1 body I kept the 14-45 lens which came with my G1. Pretty soon I discovered that the 14-45 does actually AF on the GH1 during video. Today I discovered that...
  6. pellicle

GF-2 build quality (vs GF1)

Hi well having held a GF-1 I know I like the feel of it, and the metal shell. I was a bit 'miffed' that the rubber started rubbing off my G1 in key areas quite quickly. So I wonder if the GF2 is as nice to 'feel' as the GF1 is? I'm seeing the GF2 quite well priced at the moment and its quite...
  7. pellicle

g series batteries

Hi I know that the G1 GF1 and GH1 can interchange battery, but I wonder about other models ... are they each on their own with respect to charger and interoperability? I have not kept up on this topic:rolleyes: PS: just found this
  8. pellicle

GF-2 (or 3) rear screen strength?

Hi just wondering if anyone has had any difficulty with the touch screens being more sensitive to physical damage than normal screens? Having a 'solid cover' seems to make less sence there too
  9. pellicle

GF-1 vs 2 and 3

Hi with the GF-2 out and the GF-3 on the way, I confess I'm a bit curious on why the GF-1 used prices remain at not far from what they were new (body only) while the new prices of the 2 and 3 are quite the same as the used prices of the GF-1. What makes the GF-1 better than the GF-2 or 3...
  10. pellicle

quick sample video taken with the Italian tilt adaptor

Hi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymx5zDjiaEc it will be included in the blog post on the adaptor, but I've been too busy with other things to dedicate a full day to that ... so here's a sample of what you can do with it on a 28mm OM lens at f2.8
  11. pellicle

tilt adaptors

Hi my tilt adaptor arrived from Italy (http://www.adrianololli.com/) so I thought I'd post a first image taken with it, and a few quick thoughts: taken with my OM 50mm at f1.8 P1000738 by aquinas_56, on Flickr So DoF extension by tilt is about as good as I used to get on my TS-E 90 (no...
  12. pellicle

GH1 vs G1 in sensor size and raw pixels

Hi having just bought a GH1 it is the first time I've been able to see the difference between the sensor sizes of the G1 and the GH1 ... although I've read of this on the web I had not seen any actual examples of how it looked, only some theory. So this is the difference between 4:3 and 16:9...
  13. pellicle

GH1 shutter sound different to G1 shutter sound?

Hi just bought a GH1 to experiment with video and find that the GH1 has a slightly different shutter sound ... almost like a quick short film advance after the shutter release. I'm just wondering if it may be a sign that its got problems. Not sure if its because this is new and my G1 has had...
  14. pellicle

video - EP vs GF

Hi not being an experienced video operator I'm not wanting video for my camera. I have been wondering about a GF or an EP-1 as a second camera (for my G1) to allow video my reading has made things a little clearer and yet a little less clear. I've read that the EP1 does not allow fully manual...
  15. pellicle

GH1 and maximum video length

Hi we are considering buying a new video camera here at work, and I mentioned that the GH1 may be a good candidate. One of the camera people here said that the GH1 was limited to 10 min of continuous shooting before a shutdown for 5 min. anyone know if this is correct? First I've heard of it
  16. pellicle

seems that

Good morning folks I noticed yesterday that Ciecio7 has a put in an iterative change on his FD adaptor for the micro 4/3 cameras. He seems to have included a light baffle on the back to reduce internal flare. some have suggested that internal reflections can reduce contrast as the lenses...
  17. pellicle

SOLD:my 45-200 on ebay

Folks here for any EU interest, it ships from Finland. I'm mainly selling it to reduce what I'm taking back (and I've been off loading quite a few nice toys sadly) just FYI
  18. pellicle

G1 vs E-P1: why the difference in price?

well obviously because but unless there is something I'm missing, why is it that the E-P1 seems to be at least 50% dearer used than a G1 (sometimes even a New G1)? just wondering ...
  19. pellicle

DoF, effective focal lengths and related stuff

Hi I just finished a discussion on another forum which led me to post the stuff I put together for that into a blog article. Heaps of people seem to get confused about the "crop" factor and the depth of field difference between (say) a 50mm lens on a 4/3 camera and a 100mm on a full frame. So...
  20. pellicle

the Toho 4x5, my long term usage report

Hi thought some of the users looking for a 4x5 camera may find this of casual interest http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2010/03/toho-4x5-camera.html its still the best 4x5 for field use and lots of movements should anyone else still be using 4x5